Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133113)

jeremyhilss 09-05-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3494182)
How early do you usually get snow up there? I am coming back first week of Oct. I am hoping for fall weather, not winter...

I live 33 miles away, east, on the border of MI, and last year we got our first 4-6 inches of snow or so around the date of this tourney last year.

That being said, we are higher up in elevation and even in January the snow levels drop off substantially if you drive any direction south or west (the opposite its true for driving north or east), so Highbridge/Mellen should be alright.

October is usually great disc golf weather all around.

steve2000 09-09-2019 03:04 PM

We just returned to highbridge after a 4 year hiatus last weekend. Big shout out to everyone who has helped fix it up, the courses were in amazing shape. We had a new person with us and they were amazed at the courses and their condition.

We will definitely be returning! The dream is not dead ��

Innova63 09-09-2019 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2000 (Post 3495380)
We just returned to highbridge after a 4 year hiatus last weekend. Big shout out to everyone who has helped fix it up, the courses were in amazing shape. We had a new person with us and they were amazed at the courses and their condition.

We will definitely be returning! The dream is not dead ��

Agreed, I haven't been there for a few years myself.

Couple of questions though,
I thought camping was only allowed at Chestnut, there was a group with tent on Bear #1.

And curious about the stuff west of Honka and down the hill.

See attached photo.

Cgkdisc 09-09-2019 09:56 PM

Slic is developing a small "community" of cabins west of the Honka.

da Crippler 09-10-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innova63 (Post 3495431)
Agreed, I haven't been there for a few years myself.

Couple of questions though,
I thought camping was only allowed at Chestnut, there was a group with tent on Bear #1.

And curious about the stuff west of Honka and down the hill.

See attached photo.

That's my tent on Bear. I love sleeping outdoors but it's getting cold at night, time to move back to the bunkhouse soon.

da Crippler 09-16-2019 07:43 PM

Registration is open for the Fall Classic. I'll be playing in whatever weather presents itself that weekend.:cool:

https://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-.../tourn_id/8459

yearofrolling 09-16-2019 11:29 PM

I’ll be up to Highbridge on the 20th.
It’s great to hear it’s in good (or better) shape!
So, we camp on the hill now, not at Chestnut?

wolfhaley 09-17-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearofrolling (Post 3497791)
Iíll be up to Highbridge on the 20th.
Itís great to hear itís in good (or better) shape!
So, we camp on the hill now, not at Chestnut?

I couple of my friends went up there two weekends ago and they camped at chestnut. So I know you can camp there. Not sure about camping on the hill. Either way have a great time. It should be gorgeous up there.

da Crippler 09-17-2019 06:27 AM

Camping is at Chestnut only, 25 sites with 6 people per site. There are two drilled and cased wells on the hill which may provide a water source for camping near the courses but that won't happen for a while. Maybe next year. Text Tom at 715-579-4487 to reserve a camp site.

yearofrolling 09-18-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Crippler (Post 3497828)
Camping is at Chestnut only, 25 sites with 6 people per site. There are two drilled and cased wells on the hill which may provide a water source for camping near the courses but that won't happen for a while. Maybe next year. Text Tom at 715-579-4487 to reserve a camp site.

You are the best. Thanks!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.