Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

billnchristy 06-16-2010 05:03 PM

Yeah I will be ordering a ME version of each very soon.

adamb258 06-16-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billnchristy (Post 380792)
Yeah I will be ordering a ME version of each very soon.

Need to celebrate that grant and make an order =P

I cant wait for my rivers to get here. Every time latitude releases a disc it replaces 1-2 other discs in my bag, I love it!

BrotherDave 06-16-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins (Post 380784)
At my local 9-holer I've gone with just an Ion and a Fuse and did just as well as I normally do with my whole bag.

Same here. It's definitely a slower, Comet-like glidey disc. I have to remind myself to tone down on the power every time b/c I want to throw it like a Buzzz. It doesn't want to hyzer flip for me for some reason either. I can release it hyzer and it will either do a sweet, gentle, sweeping hyzer or I'll turn it over and it will lock on to a lazy annie line (or turn and burn if I really huk it). But flipping it to flat takes some sweet spot I can't find for some reason. :confused:

yearofrolling 06-16-2010 11:20 PM

I've played 5 rounds with a GL Fuse 170 and I really like it.
Super straight. I notice the turn a lot, too, I find myself aiming left when I throw bh.
Its a strange feeling. I'm still getting the hang of it and I love the flight of this disc.

Waddly Hobbins 06-17-2010 12:08 AM

My fuse treated me well again today. It really does hold pretty much any line you put on it and holds it the whole way w/o fading. It is different throwing a Fuse because you have to remember to NOT account for fade.

adamb258 06-17-2010 12:27 AM

I broke mine out today for the most I ever have in a round. WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?!?!? I am seriously starting to worry for my core. I feel like this thing can do almost everything the core can do plus more. My heavy opto core will hold a much more solid hyzer but I am finding myself reaching for my opto fuse instead of my GL core now /gasp

Waddly Hobbins 06-17-2010 12:32 AM

My Buzzz doesn't really have to fear for its safety in my bag. To me, they do completely different things. The Fuse is great for anhyzers, finesse, and dead straight/no fade shots. The Buzzz still remains supreme for hyzers, straight w/ minor fade, pinpoint placement, and I can trust it in the wind.

sloppydisc 06-17-2010 08:35 AM

Yes, strong wind can be unkind to the fuse. Keep a Core/Buzz/Roc around for exactly what Waddly says.

adamb258 06-17-2010 10:52 AM

Ahh there was no wind at all yesterday, it didnt even cross my mind.

Strauss 06-17-2010 10:57 AM

I agree with sloppydisc, wind is not the Fuse's friend. I think most all Fuse throwers should have a more stable mid in their bag along side it, something like a Buzz/Roc/Core. The Fuse has a hard time going dead straight into a headwind, it's going to want to turn on ya. Keep a stable/overstable mid in the bag for straight shots into the wind or for shots that need a stronger fade.

The Fuse is a really fun disc, I love throwing mine!