Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

EL-KABONG 05-29-2010 11:03 PM

got mine fri. from marshall street. opto 169. Played today but rarely threw it (maybe 8-10x)
Initial observations:
it is significantly slower and has more glide than my core. my core hauls ass compared to my fuse (and it's a 178g!)

I liked the fuse in tree tunnels but didn't get a chance to anny or hyzer it much.

jrawk 06-04-2010 11:42 PM

I got out in the field a couple days with an opto fuse and I'm disappointed. Couldn't get it to finish straight at all with varying degrees of hyzer. HPP Element does everything the fuse can do and flips up flat easily. Maybe the opto fuze needs some more abuse. Or like Discspeed suggested, GL is the way to go.

sloppydisc 06-05-2010 09:17 AM

Keep working. I am a weenie-armed player with average skills, and I can get the Opto Fuse to go dead straight with no fade. But it does take a nice, smooth release. I also occassionally throw it so it fades a little bit, but that generally happens when I am not thrwoing well. If you can get a good, clean snap it will glide forever and then fall stright down. Great tunnel disc.

discspeed 06-05-2010 10:59 AM

Right now I'm having problems with what is likely a pinched nerve in my back, and when I play I've been getting shooting/burning pains in my left leg, especially when I throw hard. Yesterday during doubles it was just killing me, so I had to give up on throwing hard/using my legs. I started smoothing my Fuse nice and easy on holes I usually throw my Buzzz pretty hard. It performed beautifully, and now I must say the trial period is over and the Fuse is officially solid in my bag. Once you figure out the speed of the release that the Fuse prefers it is simply magic, holding any flight you put on it without fade. It also gets amazing lift/glide when it turns...Where the Buzzz starts dropping after it hits the apex of a turnover shot, it seems the Fuse keeps its altitude and keeps cruising. The Fuse is bringing some much needed touch into my mid game.

Huk Finn 06-05-2010 11:18 AM

I got my GL Fuse 172.

I like it alot so far. only thrown it a few times yesterday, so i can't give a 3 page review, but i think we are gonna get along just fine.

imoser_me 06-05-2010 12:15 PM

The fuse is a great disc. I usually use it for shorter (under 200 ft) turnover shots. I throw it with a little hyzer and it flips over and holds an anny line forever.

Also, at Standing Rocks, WI, hole 1 on the east course is about 100 ft down and 250 ft out. It is a slight hyzer hole, so everything I tried before hyzered out too fast (Drone, Whippet). So I decided to put a lot of hyzer on my fuse and that was the answer. The fuse flipped to a slight hyzer and rode that angle right over the top of the basket. I would have liked my first ace, but I will take a 20 ft putt for birdie (there is a hill behind the basket, so it didn't fly way past the basket).

The fuse has definitely earned a permanent place in my bag.

toothyfish 06-05-2010 06:26 PM

Would you say the Fuse does Comet-type shots, but isn't quite as fussy on release? I'll be curious to see how it gets rated on Joe's Chart.

sloppydisc 06-05-2010 07:06 PM

That sounds about right to me. Plus, I think it is a little easier to grip. But that is goign to be different for everybody. I'd say it's a keeper, but if you are carrying a Comet and happy with it, maybe it's not for you.

Strauss 06-05-2010 08:09 PM

I threw nothing but Comets for my understable mid duties before I found the Fuse. I'd have to say that the Fuse will not execute Comet shots in the same fashion as the Comet. You can use the Fuse for the same shots, but at least in my experience the Fuse has to thrown different to get the same results. My beat up ESP Comet was a hyzer-flip machine for straight, to slightly right turning shots. My Fuse needs to thrown flat and clean for straight shots, and with slight anny or OAT to track right. The Fuse has been the most neutral mid I have ever thrown. It truly does whatever you tell it to do. The biggest similarity between the Fuse and Comet is the glide, which both discs glide wonderfully. For the last couple weeks, my Comet has been bumped outta the bag as I audition the Fuse, which I have been loving.

I am thinking about picking up another Fuse soon, and am looking to get one that will be easier to hyzer-flip for straight shots. Currently I am throwing a 176g Opto version. I am not sure if it would be best to grab a lighter Opto version, like something close to 170g, or to pick up a Goldline version around the same weight that I am throwing now or possibly a little lighter. Basically I am looking for one for hyzer-flip turnover shots.

toothyfish 06-05-2010 08:23 PM

Interesting...I actually don't carry Comets but use them in practice as the are release sensetive, which helps with form issues. Comets and Rocs grip similarly, IMO, so they compliment each other. But, of course, I see how they fly and are amazing at long, glidey shots and gentle turnovers, with little or no fade back.

Neutral is a nice description. It suggests the tendancy is to hold the line it is put on, not fight out of it.

Thanks for the info.