Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

discspeed 06-11-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins (Post 376136)
I got jrawk's 176 opto Fuse in the mail yesterday and got out and tested it today. I threw it around in a feild about 10 times and then played two 9-hole rounds with it and a putter. I used it for every shot that wasn't a putt. I then hit the practice field with it again after for further testing.

The Fuse seems to hold any line you put it on with out any fade. I'm not saying it goes straight on the line you throw it, it'll actually hold a curve all the way to the ground.This can make it an unforgiving disc, but if you remember to finesse it, you can use this to your advantage. It really excels at holding anhyzers compared to something like a Buzzz.

As far as hyzer flipping, this 176 opto won't flip from extreme hyzers. If you put too much hyzer it lock into that line and hold it the whole flight. However, if you put the slightest hyzer on it, it'll flip up and hold some of the straightest, glidiest, most beautiful flights I've ever seen.

I'm a Buzzz man and the Fuse at this point isn't going to kick my main Buzzz out of the bag. However, I think it may be kicking my light weight/ beat Buzzz out of the bag. It holds anhyzers much better than a Buzzz and the lack of any fade when hyzer flipping it will make it indispensable when throwing on dead straight tunnels.

Try the GL...Its a little less stable and a little more Buzzz-like. From one Buzzz man to another, I've never found a better touch/understable compliment to the Buzzz (including beat/x/d buzzzes).

Waddly Hobbins 06-11-2010 09:47 PM

I may have to try out the GL Fuse sometime. I'm definitely happy with the way one I have flies already though. I find that a Buzzz will hold an anny line just fine...but as soon as they start to slow down they will fight back out of it. The Fuse does a great job of holding the anny line all the way.

The other thing I noticed about the Fuse that I liked was that it still retained its line shaping ability when underpowered. I used it for approached where I would normally use my putter and it handled being thrown soft well. It is a bit too glidey for close approaches and would be easy to overshoot, but it is good to know it handles its lines on short approach, too.

discspeed 06-11-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins (Post 376405)
I may have to try out the GL Fuse sometime. I'm definitely happy with the way one I have flies already though. I find that a Buzzz will hold an anny line just fine...but as soon as they start to slow down they will fight back out of it. The Fuse does a great job of holding the anny line all the way.

The other thing I noticed about the Fuse that I liked was that it still retained its line shaping ability when underpowered. I used it for approached where I would normally use my putter and it handled being thrown soft well. It is a bit too glidey for close approaches and would be easy to overshoot, but it is good to know it handles its lines on short approach, too.

That's the other thing I love about it...It flies much better underpowered than the Buzzz does. Under 250' my GL holds whatever line I put it on and glides like crazy.

Huk Finn 06-11-2010 10:05 PM

Very happy with my GL Fuse. 172

acme 06-12-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins (Post 376405)
I may have to try out the GL Fuse sometime. I'm definitely happy with the way one I have flies already though. I find that a Buzzz will hold an anny line just fine...but as soon as they start to slow down they will fight back out of it. The Fuse does a great job of holding the anny line all the way.

The other thing I noticed about the Fuse that I liked was that it still retained its line shaping ability when underpowered. I used it for approached where I would normally use my putter and it handled being thrown soft well. It is a bit too glidey for close approaches and would be easy to overshoot, but it is good to know it handles its lines on short approach, too.

I too throw the Buzz and just got a GL Fuse and love it. I will be buying a Opto soon and pulling my domey Z buzz (less stable) and caring 2 Fuses. I'm also thinking about getting a Core. Any thoughts. I have a flat top Buzz, Wasp and a Drone. On the other side of stability I have a Glide. I dont want so many mids but I like the Fuse and I dont know how the Core flies.

what'shisname 06-12-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acme (Post 376653)
I too throw the Buzz and just got a GL Fuse and love it. I will be buying a Opto soon and pulling my domey Z buzz (less stable) and caring 2 Fuses. I'm also thinking about getting a Core. Any thoughts. I have a flat top Buzz, Wasp and a Drone. On the other side of stability I have a Glide. I dont want so many mids but I like the Fuse and I dont know how the Core flies.

The core flies a lot like a buzzz, maybe a bit more glide. I carry a Core, Fuse and a Drone and have the mid shots covered with that lineup.

neocenturion 06-12-2010 03:59 PM

I played 2 rounds with my 180g gold GL Fuse last night. I used it as my only midrange, and was able to get it to do pretty much everything I need a midrange to do. I typically keep a Roc and Z Comet with me. If those two discs had a baby it would be the Fuse. I'd say it has the glide is comparable to the glide on my ZComet (probably a touch less), the stability is inbetween the Roc and Comet, and the flight patterns are completely unique. I have never seen a disc that holds a more beautiful slow anyhyzer line. If you put a little mustard on your throw (as my buddy would say), the thing will fly flat, but slowly drift right.

I don't think I can drop my Roc or Comet quite yet, but the Fuse is staying put and auditioning for the job of the Comet.

jrawk 06-12-2010 04:01 PM

Glad it's working out for you, Waddly.
I'm much happier with your Striker. ;)

billnchristy 06-16-2010 03:28 PM

Holy glide batman....

I got one of these for my wife and now I want a couple dozen.

A fuse/putter of choice round sounds awesome.

Waddly Hobbins 06-16-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billnchristy (Post 380719)
Holy glide batman....

I got one of these for my wife and now I want a couple dozen.

A fuse/putter of choice round sounds awesome.

At my local 9-holer I've gone with just an Ion and a Fuse and did just as well as I normally do with my whole bag.


Bill, if you think the Fuse is glidey, wait until you try out the River you got for your wife.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.