Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Goodbye to the Teerex? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26091)

CwAlbino 05-28-2011 03:19 PM

I would hope not, the combination of overstability and glide is hard to come by. It's what feldberg thinks can break the distance record, and what he had Garret throwing in the driving clinic. I found a dx recently and they bomb on distance lines.

discspeed 05-30-2011 09:14 AM

I bet most dinosaurs could out throw a T.Rex with those girly arms.

Serously though, the first run Teerexes are still some of the bast fast and overstable discs yet made...Innova has finally made something better though...It's called the PD2. It's slightly faster, but has similar flight characteristics to those FR Teerexes. Xcals and Apes fall short of being trustworthy overstable performers imo.

rusch_bag 05-30-2011 09:57 AM

Why did they change the mold from the fr teerex?

New013 05-30-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craton (Post 861002)
This joke was made. See post above yours.

he said ages.... who the hell knows how long ages is? i clarified his broad estimation of extinction...

yawpstang64 05-30-2011 04:43 PM

if you wanted to clarify you could have said approximately 65.5 million years ago

smyith 05-30-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 862459)
Serously though, the first run Teerexes are still some of the bast fast and overstable discs yet made...Innova has finally made something better though...It's called the PD2. It's slightly faster, but has similar flight characteristics to those FR Teerexes. .

i have a couple of PD2s in my possesion but have yet to throw them. how much more effort does it take to put them on that same line and what kind of improved reliable distance is there. im having a hard time letting go of the TeeRex just cause its so damn consistent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusch_bag (Post 862484)
Why did they change the mold from the fr teerex?

cause its innova. FR equals $$$$. std run equals . no idea why they change something everyone loves. my FR TeeRex once beat in flew just like a wraith but a tight stable line. if your really picky you can find std run rexes that have really close flights.

Puckstopper 02-26-2016 06:23 PM

I was just digging through the 2016 Innova catalog, and notice that the TeeRex is gone. Can anyone confirm that the mighty Rex is a thing of the past?

Stable 02-26-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckstopper (Post 2954177)
I was just digging through the 2016 Innova catalog, and notice that the TeeRex is gone. Can anyone confirm that the mighty Rex is a thing of the past?

Can't confirm but Innova never seemed to really push that mold. If you're interested in an OS speed 11 disc you should check out a Discraft Crush :thmbup: or an MVP Motion :D.

THUGNIFICENT763 02-26-2016 09:36 PM

Had to chime in... The TR mold TeeRex is actually more overstable than the TRX mold. I see a lot of people getting this wrong in this thread. TR mold is more overstable than the XCal, BTW.

kevdiv48 02-27-2016 12:42 PM

And isn't the regular Teerex mold more or less a Wraith-X?