Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Goodbye to the Teerex? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26091)

loki the trickster 02-27-2016 01:41 PM

From what i was told by people in the know and sponsored players. The original teerex and wraith were far to similar and some batches of teerex's ended up with a nearly identical to the wraith. Shortly after the fundraiser teerex-x made a appearance. Then came the wraith-x witch was essentially a teerex.

If you actually look at the numbers wraith 11/5/-1/3 vs teerex 11/4/0/4. so if the teerex goes OOP it would not be detrimental. That and innovas proshop store could still make a batch every so often.

I could be wrong but the teerex is virtually replaceable by the xcal. And how many professionals still have a teerex in their bag? How many people even use a teerex anymore?

GripEnemy 02-27-2016 02:13 PM

There's four Teerex configurations, though only one should be in production currently.

First run Tee-Rex. Got retooled and dubbed "original mold Tee-Rex" which sucked and was borderline understable. TeeRex-X came out for CFR originally and was the "extra overstable" one. The TeeRex-X has since been retooled and that is what would be current production. Current TeeRex-X flies similar to the original blunt nose first run.

Get either the faster Xcal which I carry, or slower Firebird. **** the 'Rex.

ranger 02-27-2016 02:16 PM

This brings up an interesting topic. When a mold you like goes oop, what do you do?

How many do you need for a 20 year supply.

Pbmercil 02-27-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loki the trickster (Post 2954466)

I could be wrong but the teerex is virtually replaceable by the xcal. And how many professionals still have a teerex in their bag? How many people even use a teerex anymore?

Your 100% correct. It was a phenomenal mold when it was being used as the OS bookend to everyone's wraiths, which is exactly
what I used it for.

Now that the wraith has been mostly outclassed as a go to driver the teerex is pretty pointless. No reason not to use a xcals/pd2/force/d1 et all type disc instead

Moose33 02-27-2016 02:24 PM

I've yet to find a disc that's irreplaceable.

If I couldn't get Apes anymore the Nuke OS exists, no more Kings I'd go to Laces. Basically there is a good alternative to anything these days.

Stable 02-27-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 2954479)
This brings up an interesting topic. When a mold you like goes oop, what do you do?

Today you can just see what another company is offering. Again, I highly recommend the Discraft Z Crush as a better Teerex alternative. It's my WraithOS.

SonicGuy 02-27-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbmercil (Post 2954484)
Now that the wraith has been mostly outclassed as a go to driver

Maybe out preferred, but never outclassed.

Stable 02-27-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicGuy (Post 2954492)

:hfive:

Speed 11 is as fast as I go and the Wraith is a legend in this category.

Pbmercil 02-27-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicGuy (Post 2954492)

Lol touche

ranger 02-27-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar Sailer (Post 2954488)
Today you can just see what another company is offering. Again, I highly recommend the Discraft Z Crush as a better Teerex alternative. It's my WraithOS.

I want to hoard more plastic though