Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Falchion (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121592)

BirdieMachine 04-07-2016 03:39 AM

Lat64 Falchion

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/sw...logy-challenge

"Scary fairways where you need perfect accuracy and a good amount of distance? Cut through the air with Falchion! For drives around 300 ft it will hold a soft anhyzer and slowly fight its way back to a small fade. When you need a disc to slice thru the tight fairway Falchion is an excellent choice of weapon. This disc is a great step up for beginners who have gained drive power and think that discs like Diamond, Jade and Fury are too understable. Falchion is the Latitude 64 contribution to the 2016 Trilogy Challenge. SPEED: 9 | GLIDE: 6 | TURN: -1 | FADE: 2" - by Latitude 64

Sounds very similar to a Saint. :|

Snaques 04-07-2016 05:55 AM

I'm really curious to see how this compares to the Saint and Striker.

Trilogy stability -1 doesn't inspire confidence, but we'll have to see what it is. There are already tons of turnover drivers in their lineup so a reliably straight fairway would be nice.

Now that we have the PD clone, I'm eager to see the Trilogy Teebird. Though I doubt that this is it.

DougCrawford 04-07-2016 07:05 AM

Before the numbers were released, I was hoping this would fly like a long compass. Dead straight. There's lots of trilogy discs that are similar to this already.

VictorB 04-07-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques (Post 2979654)
Now that we have the PD clone, I'm eager to see the Trilogy Teebird. Though I doubt that this is it.

What's the PD clone?

Also, the only company that has made a teebird clone that actually flew like a teebird is Legacy with the Rival, no one else has managed to pull it off (well discmania and the flat topped fd, but that was an accident I'm guessing)

BirdieMachine 04-07-2016 07:34 AM

Culverin is considered to some to be a PD like disc.

Mightyredpanda 04-07-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorB (Post 2979661)
What's the PD clone?

I think he is refering to the Culverin.

Snaques 04-07-2016 07:52 AM

Yup, Culverin and to some extent the Longbowman fill that slot pretty well, especially that straighter end of the PD spectrum. I think the beefiest PDs are already quite close to Felon stability so I don't think Trilogy is missing much there.

The Teebird slot on the other hand is completely empty. You could beat a Spark to death, but that is not what a Trilogy Teebird really means. A GL Trident could be pretty close as well, but it is OOP and very inconsistent.

VictorB 04-07-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques (Post 2979668)
Yup, Culverin and to some extent the Longbowman fill that slot pretty well, especially that straighter end of the PD spectrum. I think the beefiest PDs are already quite close to Felon stability so I don't think Trilogy is missing much there.

The Teebird slot on the other hand is completely empty. You could beat a Spark to death, but that is not what a Trilogy Teebird really means. A GL Trident could be pretty close as well, but it is OOP and very inconsistent.

I would agree that my overstable cPDs are pretty close to my Felons - especially the dyemax, enough so that I probably won't carry cPDs for a while, and just carry a newer and older sPD instead.

The problem with trying to make a teebird clone these days is that the teebird was intended for dx plastic, and innova got lucky that it (and the eagle) translated so well to premium plastics. Most discs these days are made for premium plastic, which in my opinion is making it much harder to get that sweet teebird flight. I feel like Rico worked a deal and got an old teebird mold from innova somehow, the Rival is just so close in flight to a teebird :)

Aim For The Chains 04-07-2016 08:44 AM

Lol.

BirdieMachine 04-07-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains (Post 2979695)
Lol.

Did you look at your MVP discs again? :p