Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Courses along I-80 and 1-70 - VACATION! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134454)

DDay110 06-29-2019 12:40 PM

Courses along I-80 and 1-70 - VACATION!

Hello all!
Planning a road trip from Ohio, to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Looking for advice on courses along the way. Mainly to break up the drive, but find some fun places to play.

Looking for courses along 1-80 from Ohio To Wyoming, going out west. Then, on the way home, from Colorado back to Ohio along 1-70.

Also, bonus answers. I'll be going through Idaho to Utah (Craters of the moon down to Arches) if there are any iconic courses along that also!

Thanks!
D. Day

BogeyNoMore 06-29-2019 12:50 PM

You have many great choices along I-70. Use the map feature and read reviews to see what you like.

Whatever you do, make sure you stop at Harmony Bends on a dry day. Fit the rest of your trip in around that.
Genuinely a spectacular course. The kind of DG experience well worth travelling to play.
Skip Harmony Bends and you lose.

Cgkdisc 06-29-2019 01:24 PM

Consider the Lincoln Highway, US 30, as the starting leg from Ohio before swinging onto I-80. I wrote these travel guides in 2010 when the Am & Pro Worlds were both on or near the old Lincoln Highway.

BionicRib 06-29-2019 01:27 PM

Hummel in omaha....solitude mountain near salt lake and lake Walcott in Idaho were all pretty solid 6 years ago when I was there

air show 06-29-2019 03:46 PM

Frontier park in Hays Ks is on I-70 between Denver and KC.

brutalbrutus 06-29-2019 03:51 PM

I-80 in Ohio is a toll road I believe... Just in case that influences your decision making.;)

Cgkdisc 06-29-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3468403)
I-80 in Ohio is a toll road I believe... Just in case that influences your decision making.;)

...and through Indiana.

martinb 06-29-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDay110 (Post 3468376)
Hello all!
Planning a road trip from Ohio, to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Looking for advice on courses along the way. Mainly to break up the drive, but find some fun places to play.

Looking for courses along 1-80 from Ohio To Wyoming, going out west. Then, on the way home, from Colorado back to Ohio along 1-70.

Also, bonus answers. I'll be going through Idaho to Utah (Craters of the moon down to Arches) if there are any iconic courses along that also!

Thanks!
D. Day

so it really depends what level your looking for. are you looking for recreactional or top professional level courses? lots of choices......
wolcott will be out of your way from craters of the moon btw, if you going down I15 that is .

The Valkyrie Kid 06-29-2019 05:48 PM

Sounds like an awesome trip. If you drive through St. Louis, there are decent, road trip choices. Then driving across Missouri, Harmony Bends is a must play. Then you'll drive right through Kansas City and you want to hit Waterworks. Then driving across Kansas, you hit...................................WIND!

The Valkyrie Kid 06-29-2019 05:52 PM

Topeka has some nice courses and if you happen to reach Denver, you can truly play some of the most epic courses anywhere, Beaver Ranch, Bucksnort and lots more.