Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Jenga54 01-10-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FightingTheTide (Post 2922485)
Hold up...did you mean to post this here or in the "speculate your heart out about DM's new mold" thread? Haha.

This is an ever rolling version of that thread :)

fasteddie 01-10-2016 02:13 PM

Whoops, that was all meant for the new disc thread haha

DinosaurThunder 01-11-2016 07:50 AM

I love the g-line DD and wishing I didn't buy a black one with a black stamp haha The g-line DD is a flex shot machine and takes little to know effort for distance. This winter in -5 (feels like -25) weather I have had no issues with distance or the plastic getting too ridged. When compared to s-lines it doesn't fade back as hard, but that being said it isn't a "flippy machine" by any means. When thrown flat/hard it has a slight turn but flys like a broken in s-line DD at that point. Outstanding mold! I need to get a few orange ones :)

ill4mation 01-11-2016 06:44 PM

I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.

Um... 01-11-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill4mation (Post 2923183)
I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.

Do you know what run your lizotte's are? I have a regular 5th run that is SLIGHTLY more flat than my 3rd/4th runs, but if you have 5th run lizotte stamps, that's not going to help you. Definitely not as flat as 2nd run.

ill4mation 01-12-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 2923189)
Do you know what run your lizotte's are? I have a regular 5th run that is SLIGHTLY more flat than my 3rd/4th runs, but if you have 5th run lizotte stamps, that's not going to help you. Definitely not as flat as 2nd run.

I'm pretty sure they were described as a mix of 4th and 5th runs when I bought them from the discmania store. I have another one I bought at pias and it's flatter and is not a 2nd run. I guess I'm just looking for which run is the flattest outside of the 2nd run? I'm looking for c lines for clarification.

Um... 01-12-2016 01:31 AM

All C-Lines.

The 4th and 5th runs are distinctly different. 4th are the softer and more flexible Jolly Launcher plastic. 5th runs are the stiffer and more translucent variant. They fly a bit differently from one another.

5th run is what you're looking for if you want the second most flat(ish) C-Line. If you want a flat, flat FD, G-Line.

gerth_vader 01-12-2016 01:52 AM

proto p-line is flat flat also

Flick Maniac 01-12-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 2920295)
One can hope a cool stamp on a bunch of molds! maybe a stamp that pays homage to one of the original designs?

http://i.imgur.com/VlT8nVW.jpg

This would be amazing as a mini stamp on a bunch of molds!

Here is one without the squiggles. Never seen one. Almost worth making an offer on it at the local auction, but its at 15 already and I got PDs to last me a few lifetimes.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53799484_o.jpg

Sorry about the mega pic. [img width] does not seem to work.

FightingTheTide 01-12-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill4mation (Post 2923183)
I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.

Is it the shape or the flight you are after?
EDIT - just realized you said "flatter side", not flat and stiff...I may have spoken too quick. Looks like some good answers above, but I'll keep my reply below if it helps.

Flight - nothing, except maybe another mold. Some of the DM guys said the 169-172 C FD2's were somewhat close to a 2nd run C FD flight.

Feel - still nothing. G Lines are soft enough that I'd say there's no comparison. 2nd run C FD's were stiff from what I recall.

Which is why I am hoping for an S FD2... :thmbup:

DinosaurThunder 01-12-2016 07:46 AM

I have a seen a few x-outs without the squiggles sneak out of the DM store. I wonder what it would take to get the squiggle design used again? :D A lot of people I have chatted with love the mini design of the stamp!

fasteddie 01-12-2016 08:38 AM

Anyone thrashed an Fd2 to get a 2nd run esque flight? Or do they develop turn before losing fade? Maybe show bit more glide once the new is knockwed off?

Um... 01-12-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddie (Post 2923502)
Anyone thrashed an Fd2 to get a 2nd run esque flight? Or do they develop turn before losing fade? Maybe show bit more glide once the new is knockwed off?

I have one that's been in the bag since they first came out that is getting beat to the point of being close to a fresh 2nd run FD. It definitely has more glide than it did when I first started throwing it and it hasn't developed any noticeable turn. It's almost been like a PD, where it's lost more of it's LSS and has less of a pronounced fade, but the HSS has remained mostly unchanged. If anything, it's a lot more workable now than it was at first.

All that said, it's still not a second run FD. I use it mainly as an OS mid-range, or when I need to flex a line around something and rely on it coming back.

Flick Maniac 01-12-2016 11:31 AM

S line I can see beating into something like that, but the cs i imagine would take forever. 2nd runs should not be impossible or stupid expensive to find if you can stomach less than max weight. I quickly built my stack to 5 and that should do.

thatdirtykid 01-12-2016 11:32 AM

They don't glide as much, but do lose some fade. I have one that flys very straight and fades much later than expected for and FD2. It still has teebirdish high speed stability. It is increasingly becomming my go to driver, I am finding myself using the PD less and less.

I also have a lighter C Line that does have some high speed turn, but its glide is close to a 2nd run FD.

I would still like a S Line FD2, especially if they come out with a little dome so they are not too beefy to start. Its the release that would make me put in a discmania order. (hopefully some of those blizzard stamped max weight PD2 are left when the time comes ;-)

Flick Maniac 01-12-2016 11:33 AM

I also have one ITB since they came out. No major changes and forehand flex lines I can trust it to fade out. Or force it into anny only with enough angle.

rasfade 01-12-2016 04:15 PM

Any chance of a D-line PD? After how well received the DX Thunderbird was, I think a run of PDs in that same stiff plastic would be awesome.

fasteddie 01-15-2016 08:31 AM

Any plans to add full on permanent\small target baskets in the store?

The Albatross 01-19-2016 04:11 PM

What can you tell us about these "8th run" PDs?

jskew113 01-19-2016 05:52 PM

Where have you seen 8th runs?

Um... 01-19-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 2928497)
Where have you seen 8th runs?

There was an Instagram photo tease today.

jskew113 01-19-2016 08:16 PM

Thanks. Saw it in the PD thread right after posting here.

Disc of Cheese 01-19-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 2923650)
S line I can see beating into something like that, but the cs i imagine would take forever. 2nd runs should not be impossible or stupid expensive to find if you can stomach less than max weight. I quickly built my stack to 5 and that should do.

Omgawsh five 2nd runs?!
I have 4 and I feel like if I never lose the one I'm throwing it would last until the plastic itself degrades. Such tuff discs.
Stockpile overkill.

thelorn 01-22-2016 09:59 PM

Be pretty easy and sweet if you guys added some stickers on your site, would like to add one on the back of my truck

jskew113 01-22-2016 10:48 PM

^I have had a couple thrown in my box whenever I have ordered from the factory store.

smarkquart 01-22-2016 10:54 PM

I just picked up some Glow C FD. Please tell me they fly the same as 5th runs.

thelorn 01-23-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 2930988)
^I have had a couple thrown in my box whenever I have ordered from the factory store.

Salty, no joke I just did around a $200 order and I didn't get any, someone in shipping dropped a watermelon jolly rancher in the box though. :D

Jenga54 01-23-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelorn (Post 2931015)
Salty, no joke I just did around a $200 order and I didn't get any, someone in shipping dropped a watermelon jolly rancher in the box though. :D

only 1? i hope you get 3 next time, and a shield sticker. order again ;)

crd 81 02-02-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasfade (Post 2923859)
Any chance of a D-line PD? After how well received the DX Thunderbird was, I think a run of PDs in that same stiff plastic would be awesome.

A D-line PD would be nice. I bet they would bomb when new. I also having them in D-line would help with mold minimalism.

Flick Maniac 02-03-2016 02:23 AM

I would prefer X-PD rather. No, wait, XPDX! :D

Discblaster 02-03-2016 03:24 PM

Will you ever bring back those Lizzotte 2nd run C-line FDs?

Or even just the non-Lizzotte 2nd run C-Line FDs?

I want to buy a stack

jskew113 02-03-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discblaster (Post 2938554)
Will you ever bring back those Lizzotte 2nd run C-line FDs?

Or even just the non-Lizzotte 2nd run C-Line FDs?

I want to buy a stack

I think anyone who throws FDs would want a stack.

Disc of Cheese 02-03-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 2938735)
I think anyone who throws FDs would want a stack.

You're giving me a disc-boner

crater77 02-05-2016 11:44 AM

I'd buy a stack!

Flick Maniac 02-08-2016 11:27 AM

something new in X-line coming. X-MD3 should be sweeeeet.

Jenga54 02-08-2016 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been saving my money for something!

Flick Maniac 02-09-2016 03:03 AM

Yah. Stock X-P2 and X-P1x. Neither of them are concave.

Jenga54 02-09-2016 09:27 AM

just waiting for them to hit the store.....

hurricaine 02-10-2016 09:19 AM

Is everyone else loving the c line cd2 as much as I am? Even as more of a power thrower, I hardly burn this disc over and it holds incredibly straight lines. Love them. Great compliment to a PD

Aveksi 02-10-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricaine (Post 2942792)
Is everyone else loving the c line cd2 as much as I am? Even as more of a power thrower, I hardly burn this disc over and it holds incredibly straight lines. Love them. Great compliment to a PD

Yup! I got the first run C-CD2 and it is just amazingly neutral disc even with full power shots. Certainly one of my most used driver on holes ranging from 325-400feet.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.