Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

ODRB 06-17-2016 12:30 PM

Anyone throwing the factory store Circle Stamp Cheetahs? This review (and some others) have me awfully curious (for when I don't want to risk a nice 11x):

"I noticed back when the candy, pearly and taffy CE blend 11x KC Pro discs were around that the KC Cheetah seemed to be the same as the Gazelle mold, whereas the DX versions of the discs are quite visibly different. These champion Cheetahs seem to follow that trend - they are in fact closer to my 11x KC Gazelles in shape than most of my newer run champ and star gazelles.

You can stamp a Cheetah on it, but this is definitely a Gazelle. No high speed turn, about a 2 on the fade but with a great glide. Great sidearm disc. The plastic is about as pretty as you will find in champion, and seems to have a good cut and abrasion resistance. (Posted on 5/30/2013)"

Anyone?

93EXCivic 06-17-2016 01:12 PM

Love for the Gazelle
 
I have thrown the Champion Cheetah. Sold it but it flies more like a Gazelle then I would think a Cheetah would. I haven't thrown a regular Cheetah though. I didn't think it felt like a Gazelle though. The nose bead was smaller on the Champ Cheetah for one thing. Personally I prefer the CFR Glow Gazelles.

Can't comment on the plastic I haven't handled a 11x KC Gazelle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilmcgee 06-17-2016 03:46 PM

Looks like kind of the same reviews on the star cheetah as well.

AndrewM33 06-17-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmcgee (Post 3021159)
Looks like kind of the same reviews on the star cheetah as well.

I found a slightly used star cheetah a little while back at PIAS. Definitely doesn't fly like a Gazelle. Nice even turn and fade like a fresh DX Cheetah.

Has the DX Gazelle been confirmed to be OOP now?

93EXCivic 06-17-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewM33 (Post 3021221)
Has the DX Gazelle been confirmed to be OOP now?

Wait what? Why would it be OOP?

AndrewM33 06-17-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93EXCivic (Post 3021224)
Wait what? Why would it be OOP?

I was reading this thread and earlier this year people were saying that.

SD86 06-17-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewM33 (Post 3021228)
I was reading this thread and earlier this year people were saying that.

You're right, there was some talk about that. I asked around at some stores, and there were some rumors. I'm not sure want the status is now...

Kodachrome 06-17-2016 07:57 PM

not worried about it.

it'll happen eventually. i'll be prepared.

ilmcgee 06-17-2016 10:00 PM

How do Kaxe and Kaxe Z compare?

Kodachrome 06-18-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmcgee (Post 3021293)
How do Kaxe and Kaxe Z compare?

Not sure but I'll quote it so it doesn't get lost if the page turns on this post.


Someone is dumping gazelles on eBay. Older 9/10/11x kc pro and a glo. There are 8 days 11 hours left on basically all the auctions.

ilmcgee 06-18-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3021367)
Someone is dumping gazelles on eBay. Older 9/10/11x kc pro and a glo. There are 8 days 11 hours left on basically all the auctions.

Quoted this, because it's worth quoting. Wow, bunches of older gazelles getting dumped on feebay right now.

tbird888 06-18-2016 02:27 PM

Couchcruiser overprices his discs worse than Prime does. Resist the (wallet) rape.

Kodachrome 06-18-2016 05:47 PM

I'm referring just to a few auctions though, not the stupidly overpriced **** that's been up at "buy it now" for forever

There's one for a glo cfr and for a set of 4 star gazelles too, but they're auctioning some old plastic as well.

ilmcgee 06-18-2016 10:45 PM

Yeah, some are way over. Just surprised at how many older gazelles were up.

As far as going OOP, it is weird that Innova doesn't list the Gazelle on thier main disc page, but list it in the speed 6 and comparison pages.

93EXCivic 06-19-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmcgee (Post 3021530)
Yeah, some are way over. Just surprised at how many older gazelles were up.

As far as going OOP, it is weird that Innova doesn't list the Gazelle on thier main disc page, but list it in the speed 6 and comparison pages.



The Whippet and Sonic are also like that. It would be a major shame if Innova made those three discs OOP.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakamkram 06-19-2016 08:39 AM

What's up with the beaded gazelle that's up for sale on there?

ilmcgee 06-19-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93EXCivic (Post 3021588)
The Whippet and Sonic are also like that. It would be a major shame if Innova made those three discs OOP.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the whippet was missing, didn't realize the sonic was as well. Don't want to piss of anyone, but it wouldn't hurt if innova trimmed some fat, like the whippet. There is no reason to oop the gazelle though. It a disc that probably just needs a little more support and production runs in something besides dx to grow a new fan base for it.

ODRB 06-19-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakamkram (Post 3021590)
What's up with the beaded gazelle that's up for sale on there?

Which one?

Beaded Gazelles are neat. I have a couple WBDGW beaded DX. Solidly OS but still great DX glide.

Kodachrome 07-30-2016 12:17 AM

Lol @ cfr glo gazelle on eBay for 70$.

I'm still rockin' the gaz but I keep losing my gstar. they turn into leopards with a tiny fade so damn fast, it's awesome. Decided to start in on my stock of star gaz instead for the time being since I've only got one left. Definitely more neutral, just straight pipes all day, pop from hyzer and pew pew!

Thank goodness there's still time to stock up on them before they really go oop.

Pbmercil 07-30-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmcgee (Post 3021649)
I noticed the whippet was missing, didn't realize the sonic was as well. Don't want to piss of anyone, but it wouldn't hurt if innova trimmed some fat, like the whippet. There is no reason to oop the gazelle though. It a disc that probably just needs a little more support and production runs in something besides dx to grow a new fan base for it.

Don't be bad mouthing my whippet like that! Bad juju!

ilmcgee 07-30-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbmercil (Post 3043899)
Don't be bad mouthing my whippet like that! Bad juju!

Sorry, I actually used the Whippet for a long time. :(

93EXCivic 08-01-2016 01:23 PM

I contacted Innova about the Gazelle. This is their response.

"Thank you for throwing INNOVA. The Gazelle has not gone out of production, it has simply become a limited release disc. The Gazelle is currently offered in Star, Pro, GStar and DX plastics. These can be purchased at the DGU Store or the INNOVA Factory Store.

Here are the direct links:

Gazelle - DGU Store

Gazelle - Factory Store


Thank you again for throwing INNOVA."


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilmcgee 08-01-2016 03:12 PM

That's just silly, everyone else is releasing mid/fairway tweeners. Innova is releasing some mutant called a Gargoyle before giving the Gazelle a proper in something besides DX. WTF!

93EXCivic 08-02-2016 11:44 AM

Apparently the Whippet and the Sonic are becoming limited release disc as well.

Discette 08-02-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmcgee (Post 3044723)
That's just silly, everyone else is releasing mid/fairway tweeners. Innova is releasing some mutant called a Gargoyle before giving the Gazelle a proper in something besides DX. WTF!

What you talking 'bout Willis?


The Gazelle is currently available in DX, Pro, Star and GStar.

Link: DGUStore

Link: Factory Store

SD86 08-02-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discette (Post 3045064)
What you talking 'bout Willis?

The Gazelle is currently available in DX, Pro, Star and GStar.

Link: DGUStore

Link: Factory Store

DGU... Proshop... pay out the wazoo, shipping and overall price... and MAYBE get the color, weight and PLH you want....

:( :thmbdown:

93EXCivic 08-02-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3045103)
DGU... Proshop... pay out the wazoo, shipping and overall price... and MAYBE get the color, weight and PLH you want....

:( :thmbdown:

Yeah. I don't care to much about the color but the weight is important plus those sites are stupid expensive. I am too attached to my Gazelles to try to find something else anyway. Plus I don't know of anything that could replace them that is available in baseline plastic.

Streets 08-02-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93EXCivic (Post 3045119)
Yeah. I don't care to much about the color but the weight is important plus those sites are stupid expensive. I am too attached to my Gazelles to try to find something else anyway. Plus I don't know of anything that could replace them that is available in baseline plastic.

Cyclone? The Gazelle was Innova's attempt at copying it.

ilmcgee 08-02-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discette (Post 3045064)
What you talking 'bout Willis?


The Gazelle is currently available in DX, Pro, Star and GStar.

Link: DGUStore

Link: Factory Store

Proper run as in, find it at your local brick and mortar store. That's what I'm talking about.

lovebecause 08-08-2016 05:54 PM

Gazelle plastics
 
2 Attachment(s)
I love the gazelle as well. Its easy to throw long and with minimal effort. This is the one I have used for almost two years. I can't drive with it because it just turns into a roller for me. I am thinking I will get another gazelle with a higher end plastic than a DX. This should allow me to throw this disc much further than I can now. Any thoughts? Do you, gazelle thread creator, think this is a good assumption of how the plastics will work? I can throw some 9 speed discs well and my star leopard I can hardly get it to become understable as I have with my dx gazelle.

Mulligan 08-09-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3043894)
Lol @ cfr glo gazelle on eBay for 70$.

I had a 10/10 one on here for like $10-15 for probably 3 months last fall and couldn't get a bite.
Now I'm like "what was I thinking?" Just gonna save that puppy until I reach grandmaster class and it'll become my distance driver just like they were in the 90s, lol.

93EXCivic 08-09-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebecause (Post 3047690)
I love the gazelle as well. Its easy to throw long and with minimal effort. This is the one I have used for almost two years. I can't drive with it because it just turns into a roller for me. I am thinking I will get another gazelle with a higher end plastic than a DX. This should allow me to throw this disc much further than I can now. Any thoughts? Do you, gazelle thread creator, think this is a good assumption of how the plastics will work? I can throw some 9 speed discs well and my star leopard I can hardly get it to become understable as I have with my dx gazelle.



I'd recommend Star. It starts slightly more over stable then DX but it is fairly close. I haven't tried GStar yet but I understand it beats up pretty quickly. There is Pro on Innova Pro Shop but they seem to only have it lighter weights.

There have been CFR Champion Glow Gazelles (which is more overstable then Star) and Champion Gazelles (which are the most overstable). They are both a little tricky to find right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jskew113 08-09-2016 11:57 PM

^because Koda got them all...

walde 08-10-2016 04:48 AM

I wish Innova would come up with a flatter run of Star Gazelles. I've only seen a couple that were really domey but I've heard they're mostly like that. A stiff, swirly Star with the circle stamp or KC Pro stamp (like the Nybo Teebird) would be sooo tasty.. one can dream.

93EXCivic 08-11-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walde (Post 3048608)
I wish Innova would come up with a flatter run of Star Gazelles. I've only seen a couple that were really domey but I've heard they're mostly like that. A stiff, swirly Star with the circle stamp or KC Pro stamp (like the Nybo Teebird) would be sooo tasty.. one can dream.

My Stars are a little domey but not as domey as a Star Viper or the Star Whippet I had (the only domey disc I just couldn't handle). I don't mind dome on slower discs though.

I just wish they would do another run of Champ and some Pros not in really light weights.

ilmcgee 08-11-2016 09:27 PM

I thought someone mentioned another run of champ. Start calling everyday, get a petition going.

ODRB 08-12-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulligan (Post 3048421)
Just gonna save that puppy until I reach grandmaster class and it'll become my distance driver just like they were in the 90s, lol.

Exactly. I have a stack and they, especially the lighter 11x, go FAR.

93EXCivic 08-29-2016 01:29 PM

I emailed the Proshop the other day and they said they should soon be restocked on Champ Gazelles as well as all weights of Pro Gazelles.

ODRB 08-29-2016 02:25 PM

The pro and stars are domey right?
And those Champs are basically Whippets out of the box (I'm using the CS Cheetah as my BEEFY Gazelle).

93EXCivic 08-29-2016 02:29 PM

Never tried the Pro but the Star I have is a little domey. Doesn't bother me though.

I am using a CFR Glow Champ as my beefy Gazelle. Interested in trying out the CS Champ Gazelles.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.