Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Jenga54 12-13-2018 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajo1125 (Post 3389999)
Not a huge fan of the cd3. Iíve been a pd/wraith guy for a long time. Personally just like the feel of the wraith vs cd3. The last 2 years Iíve been working the cd2 in with those. There is some overlap but i know when want to use each one.

Good don't tell anyone so the CD3 stays cheap on the pages

Ajo1125 12-13-2018 01:12 AM

Enough speculation on Discmanias gaps in their line up. In reality itís one of the few manufacturers that doesnít have 5 molds that do the same thing.

Any teasers on new molds for 2019

Flick Maniac 12-13-2018 05:57 AM

PD2s are ok for us average joes too if you find the right ones. Go glow.

Not much in between DDs and PD2s if you factor in the runs and different plastics. My Swirly DDs are right next door to the glow PD2s.

broomerang 12-13-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3390139)
PD2s are ok for us average joes too if you find the right ones. Go glow.

Not much in between DDs and PD2s if you factor in the runs and different plastics. My Swirly DDs are right next door to the glow PD2s.

Agree 100%

The Swirly DDs are probably going to make my bag in 2019. I have some really OS wraiths but they are so rare and expensive now. My less stable wraith is being thrown less and less as my power improves.

Glow PD2s replaced my destroyer, so I finally got down to one mold in that slot which was awesome. :thmbup:

Jenga54 12-13-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajo1125 (Post 3390046)
Enough speculation on Discmanias gaps in their line up. In reality itís one of the few manufacturers that doesnít have 5 molds that do the same thing.

Any teasers on new molds for 2019

Only teaser we've seen is the DD3 Jussi flashed a couple weeks ago.

Flick Maniac 12-13-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3390147)
Agree 100%

The Swirly DDs are probably going to make my bag in 2019. I have some really OS wraiths but they are so rare and expensive now. My less stable wraith is being thrown less and less as my power improves.

Glow PD2s replaced my destroyer, so I finally got down to one mold in that slot which was awesome. :thmbup:

Yeah man, right now, for 2019 I am thinking Swirly DD for understable distance if I can beat it in, Glow PD2 for some turn i.e. good distance yet dependable fade, poptop 2018 Swirly PD2 for kinda similar duties (might drop it if it doesnt show much difference from the glows which I have a small bunch) and a 2019 Swirly PD2 for wind/overstability. The Rampage is then just for all out distance.

Jenga54 12-13-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3390139)
PD2s are ok for us average joes too if you find the right ones. Go glow.

Not much in between DDs and PD2s if you factor in the runs and different plastics. My Swirly DDs are right next door to the glow PD2s.


^^ This is my main beef with the company I love absolute most - the need to be a super snob about what run, plastic, pen marks, stamp, color, flatness.... and on and on and on.

I'm a total fan since I read Jussi's interview like 5 years ago in DiscGolfer mag - i love to see one disc in each slot. I recognize there's GOING to be variance from run to run, plastic to plastic, so NATURALLY some runs will fit the sweet spot of what someone wants.

BUUUUUUT - since there is no overlap from slot to slot - we get this super snob-ery type thing where certain runs, colors, weights, etc. either sell out and skyrocket in price and others don't sell at all.

I don't know if this type of snobery exists outside of people's Destroyer run type pursuit - like if the DD/WS/L64 or Discraft or other companies have this level of Love/Hate for different runs. Or maybe I've been on FB Collector pages too long...

fishballer06 12-13-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3390193)
Only teaser we've seen is the DD3 Jussi flashed a couple weeks ago.

Avery dropped a teaser on IG yesterday. Tagged himself at Discmania and said that he loves being able to prototype test new discs. He posted a picture of two sick looking swirly drivers. I'm guessing they were DD3's.

broomerang 12-13-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3390347)
Avery dropped a teaser on IG yesterday. Tagged himself at Discmania and said that he loves being able to prototype test new discs. He posted a picture of two sick looking swirly drivers. I'm guessing they were DD3's.

If these are in my mystery box when it arrives on Monday. Merry Freaking Christmas.

fishballer06 12-13-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3390353)
If these are in my mystery box when it arrives on Monday. Merry Freaking Christmas.

I already got my 2nd edition mystery box. I won't ruin the surprise, but I'll tell you this. The DD3 hasn't been PDGA approved yet. :\


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.