Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Jenga54 01-23-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3406831)
The CD may not return. However, we should have a good option for that in the near future. Since the CD and PD were so similar, it's hard to justify having both for essentially the same purpose.

not everyone is eagle or simon. to a 275-300 foot arm (your target market) a CD and a PD are different animals. I have no need for the dump of a PD, i use the DD for that. The CD is dead straight start to end, the PD flares off.

mjdepue 01-23-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3406868)
not everyone is eagle or simon. to a 275-300 foot arm (your target market) a CD and a PD are different animals. I have no need for the dump of a PD, i use the DD for that. The CD is dead straight start to end, the PD flares off.

I'm almost tempted to guess this was a typo and they meant the TD.

Jenga54 01-23-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjdepue (Post 3407045)
I'm almost tempted to guess this was a typo and they meant the TD.

NOOOOO9OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the TD is as good or better! Don't ruin my life today

mjdepue 01-23-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3407080)
NOOOOO9OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the TD is as good or better! Don't ruin my life today

Hahaha...sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant to suggest that the CD is more like the TD than the PD. Not that it was going away...

Owensjef 01-23-2019 09:12 PM

D line md4 or different p blend. I’ve cycled several this year and they develop turn, but the plastic is as slick as day one. No grip improvements with seasoning, and even worse as it’s colder now. Not worth it to me. I’d rather see S or D line

Brockness Monster 01-24-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3407268)
D line md4 or different p blend. Iíve cycled several this year and they develop turn, but the plastic is as slick as day one. No grip improvements with seasoning, and even worse as itís colder now. Not worth it to me. Iíd rather see S or D line

Yes, Driver Pro please. Or maybe the stiff pro that they use on Pigs and Rhynos

fishballer06 01-24-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3406831)
The CD may not return. However, we should have a good option for that in the near future. Since the CD and PD were so similar, it's hard to justify having both for essentially the same purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3406868)
not everyone is eagle or simon. to a 275-300 foot arm (your target market) a CD and a PD are different animals. I have no need for the dump of a PD, i use the DD for that. The CD is dead straight start to end, the PD flares off.


I would be terribly upset if the CD were to go OOP. The CD is the disc that made me fall in love with Discmania and basically switch my entire bag over to Discmania.

Like Jenga said, as someone who is a 280-320' thrower, the CD and PD are entirely different discs for me. My CD gives me a nice little S flight, and a soft gentle fade every time, give me a nice straight line. However, the PD for me is a straight flyer (no flex) with a harder dump at the end. I know that my PD will always go left for me. It's a disc I use when I need the CD's distance, but I need the disc to fight the wind and go left for me (RHBH).

One thing that I've always felt DM lacked in their lineup is US molds. For my power, the CD has a perfect amount of understability to give me distance, some flex, but to not turn over on me.

Jenga54 01-24-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brockness Monster (Post 3407592)
Yes, Driver Pro please. Or maybe the stiff pro that they use on Pigs and Rhynos

KC Pro, CLine and SLine will cover it.
Way rather have Star than Driver Pro

Jenga54 01-24-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3407629)
I would be terribly upset if the CD were to go OOP. The CD is the disc that made me fall in love with Discmania and basically switch my entire bag over to Discmania.

Like Jenga said, as someone who is a 280-320' thrower, the CD and PD are entirely different discs for me. My CD gives me a nice little S flight, and a soft gentle fade every time, give me a nice straight line. However, the PD for me is a straight flyer (no flex) with a harder dump at the end. I know that my PD will always go left for me. It's a disc I use when I need the CD's distance, but I need the disc to fight the wind and go left for me (RHBH).

One thing that I've always felt DM lacked in their lineup is US molds. For my power, the CD has a perfect amount of understability to give me distance, some flex, but to not turn over on me.

All This again for me. And I think a lot of people. Maybe it didn't sell very well because it was never in stock?!?

Brockness Monster 01-24-2019 03:37 PM

Not a huge fan of star, but its better than stiff P-Line. Pro plastic is my jam though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.