Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   DGA Pipeline vs. Innova Thunderbird (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137663)

Killian 09-27-2020 09:57 AM

DGA Pipeline vs. Innova Thunderbird

Hello,

I have recently started throwing the DGA Aftershock in my midrange slot and I've been blown away with the flight. It is the 'longer Maiden' that I've been looking for (the Westside Maiden is my putter).

Anyway, I've begun to wonder about some of the other DGA molds and am very curious about the Pipeline. I'm still throwing my Thunderbirds, but if the Pipeline was a tick less stable I'd be willing to give one a go.

Anyone else have any experience with this disc? How about the DGA Rogue vs. a Wraith?

Thanks!

jmdaire27 09-27-2020 10:21 AM

It’s been a while since I’ve thrown a thundy or rogue, but I recall the pipeline was more of an FD type disc. Fairway speed with good glide that had a little turn and little fade. I think it’ll be a bit slower and a couple ticks more understable than a thundy.

I believe the rogue is a bit straighter than a wraith, and maybe a little slower. I think it’s comparable to a surge, or surge SS. The one I threw a while back was already pretty used and flippy, though.

Blackburn 09-27-2020 03:58 PM

The DGA Pipeline is way less stable than a Thunderbird, IMO.

Moonshine 09-27-2020 04:43 PM

The Pipeline - FD comparison is a good one. Pipelines get excellent distance for a fairway, but they are straight to slightly understable. Nevertheless, I think they're one of the best discs in the DGA lineup and I highly recommend trying one.

A Rogue is comparable to a beat in Wraith.

Lemur 09-27-2020 10:06 PM

If you're looking for a DGA disc that's closer to a Thunderbird go with the Midnight #5 Glow Tsunami's that DGA has on their website and are still available from other retailers.

alanmonty10 09-28-2020 08:21 AM

I have never thrown anything from DGA, how do the SP line and the Proline plastics compare?

Lemur 09-28-2020 01:06 PM

DGA's discs are manufacturer by Discraft. So SP = Elite Z, Proline = ESP, D-Line = Pro D, etc..

jmdaire27 09-28-2020 02:37 PM

I’ve known Discraft manufactures DGA discs, but in my experience Proline is a little more gummy and not as durable as ESP (it is kind of between ESP and X, I think), and SP is like a gummier Z, maybe a tad less durable. Still good plastics though!

Flight wise, I think the comparison of ESP to Z is the same as Proline to SP.

the1discChallenge 09-28-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdaire27 (Post 3637480)
Iíve known Discraft manufactures DGA discs, but in my experience Proline is a little more gummy and not as durable as ESP (it is kind of between ESP and X, I think), and SP is like a gummier Z, maybe a tad less durable. Still good plastics though!

Just to piggy back, I think Proline is more similar to a softer Ti from Discraft. Esp is a lot smoother and reminds me of the color of taffy where Ti is more of a metallic color. Proline is slightly softer and gummy, I'll give you that though! I'm a big fan of it.

VictorB 09-29-2020 08:49 AM

Just jumping in to reiterate - the pipeline is not nearly as high speed or low speed stable as a thunderbird. The disc you're looking for in that slot is something like a Vulture or Uli Raptor. The pipeline is a really good disc though, great for hyzer flips and finessing lines in the woods (a tick faster FD would be a good comparison) But it's not in the same category as a thunderbird for sure.