Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

Snaques 03-05-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the1discChallenge (Post 2959009)
What are people's thoughts on putting Pures? I'm looking for a new putter and considering trying the Pure for it's lower profile

It is quite popular putting putter, with one putting World Championship on its' belt as well, so surely it will work just fine.

Personally I tried it and when I was making the puts it felt really nice. The problem, for me, was that due to the lower profile it was really fast for a putter and would go long ways if I missed it.

Eventually I changed to Macana that is more floaty in its' flight and the results have been really good. I guess the same logic applies to Wizards, KCs, Challengers, Daggers and many other popular putting putters.

crd 81 03-09-2016 10:25 PM

How are the Retro Pures?

mattc 03-09-2016 10:48 PM

Just put optos back in my bag.
Kicking the Envy/Proxy combo out

SD86 03-09-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattc (Post 2962595)
Just put optos back in my bag.
Kicking the Envy/Proxy combo out

Can't blame you for that. Pures are... well, pure. :) :thmbup:

djin 03-10-2016 03:51 AM

Been tossing a 10 year grip line Pure and not really loving it. It has less glide than my opto Pure. Going to leave it in my bag for now, I just hope it breaks in to something I like better.

Snaques 03-10-2016 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djin (Post 2962651)
Been tossing a 10 year grip line Pure and not really loving it. It has less glide than my opto Pure. Going to leave it in my bag for now, I just hope it breaks in to something I like better.

I agree on the lesser glide part, but for me it is not an issue. Putters are not supposed to be your max distance discs anyway and there is room in the bag for both plastics.

The Grip line is decently stable and the holds its line quite reliably. It has also held on to its' stability through quite a beating, which is always nice. :thmbup:

ThomasOrion 03-11-2016 01:50 PM

I picked up a couple of pures, a Recycled and an Opto.

I'll just talk about the Opto now, It feels great, flies ok....the only problem, is that sometimes its very straight to stable, but other times it has carried a lot longer on an anhyzer and is hard to control. I was hoping it would be a laser straight flyer, it could have been the wind, it would have been OAT, but I feel a little shakey using this disc now....ive been crutching on the Atom as its very similar but doesnt carry ANny as long.....idk.....are some pures more HSS than others? its Opto white 176g

tbird888 03-11-2016 02:08 PM

If you want a laser-straight flight, the Proxy is a better option. The Opto will beat into that to a point, but I never got mine to lose its "fade" completely.

ThomasOrion 03-11-2016 02:55 PM

The Opto pure is occassionally to High speed understable, thats the issue, I'll play with it some more and see how I feel about it.
still think ill be using the atom more, especially if it comes out in premium plastic

tjh0188 03-11-2016 06:00 PM

The pure isn't necessarily a finesse disc in opto. If you want a disc that holds annies longer, try a hard pure or a lighter soft one.