Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Epiphany (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70011)

Murderous Monkey 08-08-2012 11:23 AM

Epiphany

Have any of you ever had a throwing epiphany? I was just reading the "Fan Grip" thread and followed the Innova link given by someone. I was looking through the grips and read through both the power grip FH and BH finger placements. I never knew that extending the thumb to the plate instead of rim will help with BH. Similarly I always thought that when throwing FH, your pads should be on the plate, but I was wrong. Now I'm pumped to try the new grips out...too bad I have to go to work. :wall:

Anyone else have this sort of epiphany and how did it eventually turn out for you?

MrFixIt 08-08-2012 12:33 PM

My biggest epiphany (weight transfer/follow thru on drives) resulted in an increase of at least 50 feet in D.
The 2nd one came when I realized that I don't have to throw a driver, I could reach the target area w/ a mid or putter.:D

Discwrangler 08-08-2012 01:57 PM

I went from a two finger grip to a power grip after using a Powerball for a week. Shortly after that I started cashing in MPO.

ovar 08-08-2012 02:17 PM

slow is smooth|smooth is fast|fast is far

anstro76 08-12-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovar (Post 1549136)
slow is smooth|smooth is fast|fast is far

after playing for a # of years w little improvement I finally ponied up and joined the clubn in my home town. playing w/ good players and being open to advice, they told me what you posted. already seeing a vast improvement.

EJBusch 08-12-2012 05:48 PM

Yeah, my two biggest epiphany crystalizing moments are in different parts of my game.

Reaching back so my back is basically perpendicular to the throw for an extra 50-75 feet.

Putt through not to for about almost infinitely better putting.

wwchart 08-13-2012 03:26 PM

Keeping my eyes down the target line during my reachback and release has really helped with accuracy. I used to keep my head positioned where I could see my disc on the longest part of the reachback. Now I try to keep my eyes fixed down the target line. Big improvement.

Thumber 08-13-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJBusch (Post 1555600)

Putt through not to for about almost infinitely better putting.

This looks like english words but i'll be damned if I can make sense of it.

sisyphus 08-13-2012 03:42 PM

I believe that could be:

"Putt through, not to" (the basket), for about almost infinitely better putting.

Correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumber (Post 1557080)
This looks like english words but i'll be damned if I can make sense of it.

MiketheGoalie 08-15-2012 12:26 PM

It's the old "Let's eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!" illustration that punctuation is important, you guys.