Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Dire Wolfy 06-26-2020 11:10 PM

Honestly, I cannot wear a mask while doing sports due to my asthma, It's a 50/50 on whether one should wear one or not, we are not required to wear them in Wisconsin. Also keep in mind the spikes in cases are due to more testing.

Monocacy 06-26-2020 11:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy (Post 3600928)
. . . Also keep in mind the spikes in cases are due to more testing.

Um, no. The spikes in cases are primarily NOT due to more testing.

The way you can tell is by looking at the percent positive tests. For example, Wisconsin testing rates have not increased since early June, but positive tests have been creeping up from around 3% (with 200 - 300 new cases per day) to around 4% (with ~450 positive tests per day).

Other states such as Florida have much more dramatic increases, with positive tests rising from 2-3% (700 - 800 positive tests per day) to 12% to 14% (5,000+ positive tests per day). :eek:

In constrast, Maryland has managed to decrease positive test numbers and percentages while the number of tests has increased.

You are probably aware that "Having moderate-to-severe asthma may increase your risk for severe illness from COVID-19." (CDC). Protect yourself and others, young Wolfy. :)

Johns Hopkins University: Daily State-by-State Testing Trends

R-Ogre 06-26-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3600935)
Um, no. The spikes in cases are primarily NOT due to more testing.

The way you can tell is by looking at the percent positive tests. For example, Wisconsin testing rates have not increased since early June, but positive tests have been creeping up from around 3% (with 200 - 300 new cases per day) to around 4% (with ~450 positive tests per day).

Other states such as Florida have much more dramatic increases, with positive tests rising from 2-3% (700 - 800 positive tests per day) to 12% to 14% (5,000+ positive tests per day). :eek:

In constrast, Maryland has managed to decrease positive test numbers and percentages while the number of tests has increased.

You are probably aware that "Having moderate-to-severe asthma may increase your risk for severe illness from COVID-19." (CDC). Protect yourself and others, young Wolfy. :)

Johns Hopkins University: Daily State-by-State Testing Trends

Florida is so completely boned.

BogeyNoMore 06-27-2020 12:02 AM

Florida literally sticks out from the rest of the country in every conceivable way.

DavidSauls 06-27-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3600935)
Um, no. The spikes in cases are primarily NOT due to more testing.

The way you can tell is by looking at the percent positive tests. For example, Wisconsin testing rates have not increased since early June, but positive tests have been creeping up from around 3% (with 200 - 300 new cases per day) to around 4% (with ~450 positive tests per day).

Other states such as Florida have much more dramatic increases, with positive tests rising from 2-3% (700 - 800 positive tests per day) to 12% to 14% (5,000+ positive tests per day). :eek:

In constrast, Maryland has managed to decrease positive test numbers and percentages while the number of tests has increased.

You are probably aware that "Having moderate-to-severe asthma may increase your risk for severe illness from COVID-19." (CDC). Protect yourself and others, young Wolfy. :)

Johns Hopkins University: Daily State-by-State Testing Trends

Or, more simply, when my state has increased testing by 20%, but increased cases by 400%, it's clearly not the testing.

Monocacy 06-27-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3600940)
Or, more simply, when my state has increased testing by 20%, but increased cases by 400%, it's clearly not the testing.

Nicely put, even though "nicing" your post feels wrong. :rolleyes:

ru4por 06-27-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy (Post 3600928)
Honestly, I cannot wear a mask while doing sports due to my asthma, It's a 50/50 on whether one should wear one or not, we are not required to wear them in Wisconsin. Also keep in mind the spikes in cases are due to more testing.

If participating in most outdoor sports, you probably don't need to wear a mask. If you are participating in an indoor sport, you probably should not be participating. I see pretty much anything indoors with more than a few folks around, as a risk. Again....not always a risk to me, but those I love.

aphilso1 06-27-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3600927)
I'm trying to figure out if Americans are just worse at distancing and "common sense" precautions like frequent had washing, masks, etc, or...

if we're just to wrapped up in our own sense of freedom and independence to give a chit.:\

Yes...and yes.

I am still amazed by the number of people who are trying to argue against wearing masks, social distancing, etc. I mean seriously. The rest of the world has mostly figured out how to keep this thing under control, but we're over here like petulant 4 year olds saying "you can't make me to do it because I don't wanna"

Hampstead 06-27-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy (Post 3600928)
Honestly, I cannot wear a mask while doing sports due to my asthma, It's a 50/50 on whether one should wear one or not, we are not required to wear them in Wisconsin. Also keep in mind the spikes in cases are due to more testing.

Go to bed, troll cosplaying as teenage kid.

da Crippler 06-27-2020 06:01 AM

I'm running out of places to hide from people that want to shake my hand. We have players coming in from all over the country to play Highbridge Hills and I'm getting nervous about someone either infecting me or creating a covid hotspot that will get us shut down. I very much appreciate their thanks and support but I just wish they would practice social distancing and think before sticking their hand out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.