Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

the1discChallenge 06-20-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3817311)
Feel free to send me your Craves and Volts. For my game those are the two best fairways in the MVP lineup.

Agreed. I've been really clicking with the volt. I know I've found a mold I like when it does what I expect it to. The big thing for me is that it doesn't get dumpy at 60% power like other discs, just fades a little quicker.

And the crave is just the crave, what else needs to be said? I have a blue/blue sparkle one that's money but I can't bring myself to throw it anymore since it's from circa 2015 and I'd be really nervous to lose it.

Muddyboots 06-20-2022 04:53 PM

I can see why both would be popular, just not a good fit for me. I like the Tesla way more than the Volt, and the Servo way more than the Crave. Glad MVP has so many good options.

ThrowaEnvy 06-20-2022 09:16 PM

I'm Split on that, I love the volt, done great things with the fission volt. It's a good disc. Got a bunch of FR's that I used to pair with inertia. The fission didn't hold up for me in the wind because they are light.

Settled in on my pp 155 fizz tesla for the prime spot after going volt crazy and backing them up x3 haha. Same experience with the crave, good but when I leaned on it for beef... it turned out it was "lean beef"

Jacobpaul81 06-21-2022 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddyboots (Post 3817345)
I can see why both would be popular, just not a good fit for me. I like the Tesla way more than the Volt, and the Servo way more than the Crave. Glad MVP has so many good options.

I've found the Crave pretty inconsistent from run to run. I've carried a ton of versions trying to find an MVP answer to the Teebird. I've got a proton one that is pretty stable.

I was carrying 2 Neutron Servos and unfortunately lost them both on tree kicks into water. There was a long time there where one couldn't buy a servo and I've never replaced them. That's the disc I wish would be released in Proton.

I'm not a fan of the 8 speeds. I find the rims odd.

Tesla was my first MVP Driver. I've carried them off and on. Got a Proton in the rig right now. I like the lower profile, good for wind.

ray1970 06-21-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 (Post 3817426)
I've found the Crave pretty inconsistent from run to run. I've carried a ton of versions trying to find an MVP answer to the Teebird. I've got a proton one that is pretty stable.

Iíve only thrown the cosmic neutrons. They replaced the FD in my bag. They definitely arenít a Teebird type of disc.

BillFleming 06-22-2022 02:31 PM

If anyone is taking part in the Circuit Challenge, I was in it this past Saturday and this is what I think about the three discs.

((I'm a noodle arm with a 42 MPH throw. 659 rated)).

There wasn't much choice for disc weights.

Putter: MVP Atom Electron Medium plastic....weight was good (172 - I don't recall seeing any other weights)
Mid: Streamline Echo Cosmic Neutral plastic....weight (180) was a bit heavy for me as I like my mids around 170-175.
Fairway: Axiom Rhythm Neutron...weight (171) again, a bit heavy as I prefer 160-170 for my fairways. There were only a few 171's, the rest were 178.

Atom. I didn't like the feel of this disc. It felt sticky and I didn't feel I got a good release. I did like it for putting C1 and closer.
Echo. Good disc, was a straight flyer for me. But I have other discs that fill that spot and are the weight I prefer.
Rhythm. I really wish this had been a lighter weight. BUT. It's in my bag. For me, the disc flies very straight with only a small bit of fade at the end. I threw it both forehand and backhand, but I preferred throwing it forehand.

I'm looking forward to getting out in the field to throw my Servo and Rhythm for comparison. My 160 Servo is a straight flying forehand disc. The 171 Rhythm I expect to be similar but maybe a bit of turn to it.

gooberau 06-22-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillFleming (Post 3817709)
Fairway: Axiom Rhythm Neutron...

Thanks for the report. I wonít be able to resist this disc and Iím really curious to see it fly. I have a couple of Underworlds in this slot which are getting very understable, and a couple of Signals in my backup bags which seem really inconsistent from disc to disc.

In the past few months since finding some Servoís, I have fallen for them and am throwing it more and more. From Resistor - Servo - Crave - Relay - Underworld/Signal I feel like have thrown them enough to be confident of their lines they are going to fly. I could even wedge a Clash in there between Resistor and Servo, but itís getting silly!

The Servo reminds me of an old DX Eagle I had when I started three years ago.

Jacobpaul81 06-24-2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3817436)
I’ve only thrown the cosmic neutrons. They replaced the FD in my bag. They definitely aren’t a Teebird type of disc.

My Proton Crave ain't too far off. A Proton Servo would probably fit the bill perfectly. I wish that was a thing. I'd buy a pile.

auzcar 06-24-2022 07:04 AM

I'll second that the Crave is not a Teebird type discs. I use it for right finishing shots and if I put some power behind it it'll flip up from a decent hyzer and still turn over to the right.

For me it fills the same slot a Leopard3 would, or a beat in FD or Undertaker. I've tried throwing it for straight to fade shots like I do with my Teebird3's or Undertaker's but it's too understa le for that. The Craves that I throw are max weight cosmic neutrons.

jakebake91 06-24-2022 01:35 PM

Can someone explain what a teebird is supposed to fly like?

I'm pretty sure my crave is what a teebird is supposed to be.