Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

aphilso1 07-08-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3820267)
Sorry if already posted,
https://www.pdga.com/files/styles/co...?itok=O6frSd9I

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 27.00

Is there any intel on this disc? Is the Zenith the long-awaited gap filler between the Photon and Wave?

ThrowaEnvy 07-08-2022 11:11 AM

MVP wave
Specifications
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Configuration: 29.25
Flexibility: 11.00kg

MVP Zenith
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Configuration: 27.00

MVP Photon Specifications
Height: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Configuration: 26.75
Flexibility: 11.57kg

MVP Octane
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.3cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 27.25
Flexibility: 11.87kg

Kinda looks like the Zenith might be might be a speed 12 tweener.. I feel like it might be more on the stable side with the dome and slightly thicker rim.

oldmandiscer 07-08-2022 01:40 PM

I found this used Crave last week no ink in some deep thorns. Guess the guy who lost it didn't want to bother that much. But anyways this thing is very flippy. Thrown on a hyzer it will flip over and still turn. Basically like a beat in Star RR. I would say -5/1.

mas30066 07-08-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmandiscer (Post 3821554)
I found this used Crave last week no ink in some deep thorns. Guess the guy who lost it didn't want to bother that much. But anyways this thing is very flippy. Thrown on a hyzer it will flip over and still turn. Basically like a beat in Star RR. I would say -5/1.

I have a red one from the funny run thatís like that. Not in the bag currently though it should be: itís a genius level escape disc.

Jacobpaul81 07-09-2022 09:42 AM

That's how the first run eclipse flew for me - maybe not -5 but they were -3 or -4. I could throw them a long way but they always finished in the rough. Spent way too much time digging through tall grass and honeysuckle for them.

ThrowaEnvy 07-10-2022 12:02 AM

Anyone else thrown the new prism envy? Wow! Nice broken in feel, I turned it, I mean turtled ok well both... I threw a FH I expected a lot more resistance from a fresh 173 envy, haha. After spending two days looking I decided it may need "special" treatment.

Got a few rounds in over the last week after I found it, it is my first full weight plasma usually I throw my 167 PP's so...

It is very straight, very "broken in" off the shelf. The usual a year or two better in a glacial aging process.. I tested it a few times down my big hill, it got as much stretch as something I've spent time on, an extended forward push to a slightly milder hyzer finish. I'm not saying electron straight but decent. Kind of the missing link between a firm electron and a premo.

If it could give some of my semi worn 167's a run for the money driving and putt like my 172 neutron it will cause me some serious bag issues. Haha.

mas30066 07-10-2022 04:26 PM

Thoughts from the weekend:

Really digging the Plasma Inertia and Fission Tesla.

Bad situational golf with the first, but learned that the Inertia has a *monster* turnover available. Was attempting the left gap on five at East Roswell and probably ended up 70 or 80 long and right of the basket. Again, not the outcome you want in the round, but really pleasantly surprised to see it hold and glide like that.

Best shot of the day for me FH with the Tesla on the tee of 18. Still comfortably short, but the shape and pace were as strong as I've had with the forehand this year. Also had a strong player two shot with the same on 17.

Hokom Crave throughout Oregon Park Saturday morning. So workable with wing angle and just plain good.

Didn't score particularly well either day, but I can see steady progress. More to the point, it's always good to be on the course with good folks. Now enjoying semi-local guy Isaac and the dulcet tones of Ian and Philo on the final round.

sgamerp 07-11-2022 10:18 AM

I didn't spend a lot of time looking up stuff on this, but it's been a while since I've played last 3-4 years. My go to understable mid range was the Theory. I noticed it's bagged by a lot of pros on MVPs site, but I can't seem to find it in stores. Is it just a plastic shortage thing? Or is it an OOP disc now?

PMantle 07-11-2022 10:23 AM

Pretty sure it OOP. I still have two thankfully. Would be about as tough of a disc to replace for me as anything.

sgamerp 07-11-2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3822054)
Pretty sure it OOP. I still have two thankfully. Would be about as tough of a disc to replace for me as anything.

This makes me so sad. I only have one and I guess I must of lost my good broken in one. I'm guessing I'll just need to find a disc to replace it :(