Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Wizard vs Magic (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24497)

Technohic 11-17-2010 01:39 PM

Wizard vs Magic
 
OK, so OBVIOUSLY a Magic is less overstable than a Wizard (lets see how many people ignore this part is established) but how else does they fly differently.

I recently picked up a couple of Magics with just the right stiffness/softness thanks to Discspeed in an effort to try something different than my usual 0 HSS 2 LSS putters that I have liked but not quite fallen entirely in love with and so far, it seems to be just what I needed. It doesnt drop, doesnt fade much, and only turns as much as I want and seems to have great glide; which means I can go further when I miss but Im more confident with the 2nd shot which I think helps me to not short arm my 1st putt. In wind, Im not above just using my Roc if I really have to.

Anyway, I'm curious in its distance capability as I havent really tried to push it yet. I was throwing Wizards, Ions, Ridges, and Bangers around 225'-235' with the occasion 250' throw. I suspect I might need a little more hyzer on the Magics but they are still highly capable of that distance as well; correct?

Anyone throw both Wizards and Magics that can give me any other insight to watch for as I really put my Magics to the test?

j0atz 11-17-2010 01:46 PM

My magics flip TOO ez. Which makes me never want to use them for anything besides putting. Because of this limitation, I am considering removing them from my bag all together. I use firm medium max weight magics..dunno about the softer ones.

Technohic 11-17-2010 01:49 PM

I need to try to drive with them more but from my approaches, some out to 200', it didnt seem like they wanted to turnover too much for me. They are brand new though. Both 170g, 1 medium 1 glow that is soft and tacky.

CwAlbino 11-17-2010 01:50 PM

Depends on how clean your form is. I know a guy that throws them as his overstable putter, can throw 200'+ hyzers with them. A brand new one is still pretty stable, not quite understable. They beat in quickly though and starts to take more and more hyzer.

ArcheType 11-17-2010 01:53 PM

My best (when I still threw a magic) was about 260 on a hyzer flip.

I wish I had more to say, but sadly, I don't

Technohic 11-17-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CwAlbino (Post 574565)
Depends on how clean your form is. I know a guy that throws them as his overstable putter, can throw 200'+ hyzers with them. A brand new one is still pretty stable, not quite understable. They beat in quickly though and starts to take more and more hyzer.

Hmm so if I like how they fly now, might be best to invest in a higher end plastic one?

giles 11-17-2010 01:59 PM

I have both in my bag but rarely use them for shots over 200'. The Wiz is my go-to putter and what I practice with.

I'm not really sure what you are wanting to know?

Apoth 11-17-2010 02:02 PM

I use one as my outside the circle putter and for sharp anny approaches. I use mine occasionally as a short-range hyzer flip driver (out to about the 200' mark) but any more than that and I don't trust it to not flip over (for comparison, I can get wizards to 280' or so).

Technohic 11-17-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giles (Post 574579)
I have both in my bag but rarely use them for shots over 200'. The Wiz is my go-to putter and what I practice with.

I'm not really sure what you are wanting to know?

Basically, driving with them. Wondering if they are still as capable as the more stable putters as far as distance goes.

Also willing to hear basic opinions or nuances that I may not have seen yet.

giles 11-17-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohic (Post 574605)
Basically, driving with them. Wondering if they are still as capable as the more stable putters as far as distance goes.

Also willing to hear basic opinions or nuances that I may not have seen yet.

OBVIOUSLY a Magic is less overstable than a Wizard .

Distance wise,,, it is a putter...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.