Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119004)

brutalbrutus 12-01-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJB (Post 2897856)
Welll...Peyton does anyway

Yea maybe Eli was a bad comparison, lol.

runningDoc 12-01-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 2897869)
Yea maybe Eli was a bad comparison, lol.

Eli has had some gems:

Phil Esra 12-01-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningDoc (Post 2897872)
Eli has had some gems:

O man, that was great but sort of hard to watch.

I'll take "large headed people who make more money than Paul McBeth" for $400, Alex.

Mulligan 12-01-2015 01:47 PM

Please god let this thread become all about which manning brother is a better commercial actor.

Phil Esra 12-01-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulligan (Post 2898067)
Please god let this thread become all about which manning brother is a better commercial actor.

That would be ridiculous.

Personally, I think PM would be a better student of the disc golf game than EM would, but I'd be concerned about his ability to execute long drives without floating 'em into trees. I also wonder if his body would hold up to the rigors of disc golf, especially during the later days of long tourneys, and later tourneys in the season. And because PM is the more dominant football thrower, I suspect that EM would feel he had something to prove out on the DG course, and would therefore be the more motivated player. On the other hand, Denver has far better access to DG courses--advantage PM. In a nutshell: I don't think EM will change sponsors in 2016, but it wouldn't surprise me to see PM throwing for whatever brand will take him next year.

Edit: also, PM is too domey.

Cgkdisc 12-01-2015 02:15 PM

PM does have the best SNL bit showing the kids how to play.

AndyJB 12-01-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgkdisc (Post 2898093)
PM does have the best SNL bit showing the kids how to play.

Perhaps Peyton's finest hour.

Rob Martin 12-01-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax88 (Post 2897643)
I also hear he spends a lot of time volunteering at Golden Gate Park. He probably is a good guy but those moments whete he made bad decisions are the ones that scare sponsors.

My understanding isn't that he volunteers there, but that he is employed by the San Fran P&R and actually gets paid to work there. I may be completely mistaken.

alfonseski 12-02-2015 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=AndyJB;2897846]Women are ABSOLUTLEY tied to their looks when it comes to success. Who was the blonde tennis chick who never eon a tournament but had millions in endorsements while the Williams sisters were slaughtering the competition and getting bupkus? Even now...watch the Gatorade commercial with Serena Williams. You barely see her face, while that hot soccer chick's face is shown in close up so much you can barely tell shes playing sports."

Anna Kournikova

She was actually in the class of womens players with Martina Hingis and as hyped as she was but never lived up to the hype. She got famous enough to be noticed and then basically became a model who played a little tennis. Women are judged more on looks than men, but its not ONLY women. There is a reason why Mcbeths mug is everywhere, I mean ya he wins everything but he is also very clean cut, perfectly coiffed. You cannot tell me if Feldberg was winning everything that his face would be thrown around as much.

I got to watch many of the women play at the GMC and here is my take on it. I thought they were all attractive and they would all kick my ass. So if they want to make goofy faces at any time its fine by me!

lyleoross 12-02-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Esra (Post 2898086)
That would be ridiculous.

Personally, I think PM would be a better student of the disc golf game than EM would, but I'd be concerned about his ability to execute long drives without floating 'em into trees. I also wonder if his body would hold up to the rigors of disc golf, especially during the later days of long tourneys, and later tourneys in the season. And because PM is the more dominant football thrower, I suspect that EM would feel he had something to prove out on the DG course, and would therefore be the more motivated player. On the other hand, Denver has far better access to DG courses--advantage PM. In a nutshell: I don't think EM will change sponsors in 2016, but it wouldn't surprise me to see PM throwing for whatever brand will take him next year.

Edit: also, PM is too domey.

People often mistake DG as a physical game, and yes it is, and it takes stamina, but true success comes from the mental side of the game. The best players are mentally tough, and make the right decisions. That means the real question, for me, is who is smarter and mentally tougher....