Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

DFrah 11-14-2022 02:01 PM

I'm just closing in on 30 myself. There are a few of us lurking around ;)

EspressoPatronum 11-14-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFrah (Post 3851461)
I'm just closing in on 30 myself. There are a few of us lurking around ;)

I'm 33 and I've been playing since 16, but really only using DGCR the last 10 years or so. Bagging more every year. These days we lose a lot of traffic to UDisc, but I've continued to feel there's a lot to like here (like objective review scoring).

wolfhaley 11-14-2022 05:40 PM

I'm 38, not an old guy quite yet 😁

BogeyNoMore 11-14-2022 08:32 PM

Glad we still got some whippersnappers out there. ;)



Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

DFrah 11-15-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3851529)
Glad we still got some whippersnappers out there. ;)



Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

ok boomer












;)

thrembo 11-15-2022 08:39 PM

Does Bogey identify as a Boomer or GEN X?

BogeyNoMore 11-15-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3851749)
Does Bogey identify as a Boomer or GEN X?


Born in 1965, but I feel more like a Boomer than Gen X.

I'm the youngest of 3 siblings, so my older siblings were Boomers. No doubt that had some impact on me, as there are so many shared experiences.

Had I been born as the oldest in 1965, and grew up with two Gen X siblings, perhaps then I'd identify more with Gen X.

DiscinOhio 11-16-2022 10:24 PM

22 here 👋 Do I win? 😉

InnocentCrook 11-17-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3824670)
I had been wondering for quite some time, why MrFrosty (Mark Dulaney) hadn't been posting reviews or even logging into DGCR. I just figured maybe he had taken some time off or perhaps he had a disc golf injury. I had written a couple times over the past few months to check up and see how he was doing to no avail. I'm not sure if this had been posted somewhere else or not, but i sadly just found out that Mark passed away in January. he was 64. We had talked several times about meeting up and throwing a round together, and i am saddened to know that this is no longer possible.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...-james-dulaney

****, I missed this.

I caught up with Mark while he was playing Hidden Ridge and walked/chatted with him while he threw the last handful of holes. Then we proceeded to chat for a pretty good long while afterwards about random courses and the early days of disc golf in the Cincy area. I started playing around 98-ish so any stories about the local scene or the courses prior to that are interesting to me. It was like talking with an old friend even though I had never met him prior.

Sad to see he's left this plane of existence. Rest easy Mr. Frosty.

HyooMac 11-17-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnocentCrook (Post 3852029)
****, I missed this.

I caught up with Mark while he was playing Hidden Ridge and walked/chatted with him while he threw the last handful of holes. Then we proceeded to chat for a pretty good long while afterwards about random courses and the early days of disc golf in the Cincy area. I started playing around 98-ish so any stories about the local scene or the courses prior to that are interesting to me. It was like talking with an old friend even though I had never met him prior.

Sad to see he's left this plane of existence. Rest easy Mr. Frosty.


I'm proud of the 13 up votes my reviews earned from him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.