Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

ThrowaEnvy 08-02-2022 12:13 AM

No offense to people that throw Signals and love em but it's a turd if you have reasonable armspeed or some wind. I could see the rhythm being more popular

When I went looking for a roadrunner replacement the best thing I've found is a plasma 155 insanity. Really depends which roadrunner you love.

Muiriddin 08-02-2022 10:18 PM

I have had one good throw with my signal that did what I expected it to do. Mostly I have had mediocre results... Not sure why it is so finicky but it is out of the bag at this point.

Jgilletted4 08-03-2022 01:25 PM

Anyone tried a fission insanity yet? There are no reviews on youtube and no one has said much about it.

Sprinklerado 08-03-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith H (Post 3827013)
I'm with you here. I really wanted to like to Signal, but I had a problem being consistent with it.

I do like the Ascend better than the Signal. I am anxious to get my hands on the Rhythm.

Sounds familiar. I'm bagging the Signal, but I only throw it when warming up. Ascend arrived today and will go flying tomorrow. I saw a review somewhere indicating that it might be a bit more stable than numbers indicate, and I'm hoping that will be the case. Not a fan of the Uplink yet, I find the Piwakawaka to be more useful, and I'll be testing out a new Kastaplast Svea for some understable lines too.

BillFleming 08-03-2022 03:54 PM

For people wanting to try a Rhythm....was a MVP Circuit Challenge held near you? If so, and a shop sponsored it, you might find discs there. I know our local disc store sponsored the MVP Circuit Challenge and has a supply of the discs (or did the last time I was in).

https://www.spinnersonthegreen.com/

I'm not seeing them listed the webpage, but I did see them in the store. So you could email them to check availability. It is in Arizona...

BillFleming 08-03-2022 03:57 PM

I should have done a bit more checking....this is from MVP's page on the Circuit Challenge:

Circuit Events Player’s Packs are not allowed to be presold online prior to an event.

Since the Circuit Challenge is still going on (even though it's over in Arizona), they can't be sold online which explains why Spinners isn't showing them on their website.

And the Circuit Challenge goes on to September 25th.

Alexplz 08-03-2022 04:32 PM

Can anyone compare a Z Buzzz SS to a Hex, both max wt?

BruisedOoze 08-03-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3827029)
No offense to people that throw Signals and love em but it's a turd if you have reasonable armspeed or some wind. I could see the rhythm being more popular

When I went looking for a roadrunner replacement the best thing I've found is a plasma 155 insanity. Really depends which roadrunner you love.

I've read so much about how finnicky the Signal is, and I think I must have the least understable one out there by how everyones' posts read. Neutron plastic 167ish grams? Don't have it in front of me as it's lost in luggage somewhere in Toronto currently. Most discs I buy I can have a semblance of agreement even when my experience diverges but haven't found any common ground here with this disc.

ThrowaEnvy 08-03-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruisedOoze (Post 3827684)
I've read so much about how finnicky the Signal is, and I think I must have the least understable one out there by how everyones' posts read. Neutron plastic 167ish grams? Don't have it in front of me as it's lost in luggage somewhere in Toronto currently. Most discs I buy I can have a semblance of agreement even when my experience diverges but haven't found any common ground here with this disc.

Hey man if it's working for you great!! I've had a few relays I've been beating since release day, some cosmic super stables and a few in between... signal just wasn't for me. Maybe it's a sign it's lost in luggage.. Haha it's probably in Mooseamin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinklerado (Post 3827535)
Sounds familiar. I'm bagging the Signal, but I only throw it when warming up. Ascend arrived today and will go flying tomorrow. I saw a review somewhere indicating that it might be a bit more stable than numbers indicate, and I'm hoping that will be the case. Not a fan of the Uplink yet, I find the Piwakawaka to be more useful, and I'll be testing out a new Kastaplast Svea for some understable lines too.

I like my glow svea when it's dark out, it has a propensity to fly straight. It works some angles but feels very MVP gyro when trying to force some turn. It just doesn't have the action on angles for me, little hyzer or little anhyzer it still wants to go straight. More of a heavy 180g uplink fan myself.

Keith H 08-03-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruisedOoze (Post 3827684)
I've read so much about how finnicky the Signal is, and I think I must have the least understable one out there by how everyones' posts read. Neutron plastic 167ish grams? Don't have it in front of me as it's lost in luggage somewhere in Toronto currently. Most discs I buy I can have a semblance of agreement even when my experience diverges but haven't found any common ground here with this disc.

I'm in agreement with Throwaenvy on this. If it works for you, by all means throw it.

I don't think it's a bad disc, it is a well built MVP after all, I just didn't click with it.

I throw only RHBH and lower power, so I rely heavily on a slow driver with a smooth, predictable turn over line. With the Signal I was just not able to dial it as precisely as I needed.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.