Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

ThrowaEnvy 11-07-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3850005)

You know, I like it. Very expressive art.. It says it all. Haha. I also "fan" a glitch so good double pun..

Hmmm maybe get a team mvp stamp on the top. Fanboy on the center haha. I've seen that before, where's that from?

ray1970 11-07-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3850208)
I've seen that before, where's that from?

Not sure. Google pulled it up. From what I can tell Fanboy may be a cartoon superhero?

ThrowaEnvy 11-07-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3850217)
Not sure. Google pulled it up. From what I can tell Fanboy may be a cartoon superhero?

I googled, fanboy and chumchum was a Nickelodeon cartoon, not much acclaim over that one.. Still like the idea.

Vox Machina is more my style..

"Ball tag!!!!!" ...(wump in the goodies..)

(Oooof!! ..... ) "I don't remember ever agreeing to play this game..."

ThrowaEnvy 11-07-2022 11:06 PM

http://i.redd.it/6rrcc8ckij981.jpg

ThrowaEnvy 11-11-2022 08:39 PM

Ok so who else broke down and got in on gyropalooza 22?

Looks like lots of glow goodies, good mix of discs. Couple heavy weight and lightweight dominant boxes. I hope I get a light one haha. Sounds like 156g electron fireballs are a hot item, a bunch of other odd plastic variants. Seen lots of uplinks, some rhythm's Nothing that will break the internet like the glow hex though.

I was thinking about just selling the glow proxy right off the Hop to cover some costs, but maybe I will throw it. Haha, maybe not... I hate that curved inner rim/plate thing and I've got a few .

strunk flugget 11-11-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3851145)
Ok so who else broke down and got in on gyropalooza 22?

Looks like lots of glow goodies, good mix of discs. Couple heavy weight and lightweight dominant boxes. I hope I get a light one haha. Sounds like 156g electron fireballs are a hot item, a bunch of other odd plastic variants. Seen lots of uplinks, some rhythm's Nothing that will break the internet like the glow hex though.

I was thinking about just selling the glow proxy right off the Hop to cover some costs, but maybe I will throw it. Haha, maybe not... I hate that curved inner rim/plate thing and I've got a few .

I found out the hard way you’re gonna want to be one of the first people posting that to get a good sale before the market floods. I’m resisting this year…it’s a cool concept and I enjoyed it last year but I know my bag and I don’t throw anything over 2.2-2.3mm for the rim so 5-6 of the drivers I’d get I would never use. If the gyropalooza disc was something more interesting than a glow proxy I’d be interested.

Best gyro box IMO would be:

Prototype control driver 8 5 -2 1
Guaranteed electron entropy
Two putting putters
Two premium putters
Two mids
Two fairway
Two distance drivers

ThrowaEnvy 11-12-2022 12:19 AM

Is there a prototype control driver like that? Haha I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't mind anything light, I could totally go for a flare, pro, or entropy. Rhythm would be cool. Uplink would be decent, some eclipse. I dunno.. But I want to try haha

gooberau 11-12-2022 08:34 AM

$300 Australian dollars. I’m out this year. Love to try a Rhythm though.

RIP my Plasma Fireball and 163gm Clash … they went to Poseidon today during a tournament.

strunk flugget 11-12-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3851174)
Is there a prototype control driver like that? Haha I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't mind anything light, I could totally go for a flare, pro, or entropy. Rhythm would be cool. Uplink would be decent, some eclipse. I dunno.. But I want to try haha

I don’t think there is a prototype for that slot. I just mean to say I’d be a lot more enticed to buy if there was a new prototype mold (8 5 -2 1 would be a dream) and some runs of discs that we have been missing for a while or some new plastics to certain discs (fission envy’s, electron entropies, eclipse 2.0 volts etc)

ThrowaEnvy 11-12-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strunk flugget (Post 3851268)
I don’t think there is a prototype for that slot. I just mean to say I’d be a lot more enticed to buy if there was a new prototype mold (8 5 -2 1 would be a dream) and some runs of discs that we have been missing for a while or some new plastics to certain discs (fission envy’s, electron entropies, eclipse 2.0 volts etc)

I watched gyropalooza... the trance is what you speak of

Moose33 11-12-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3851145)
Ok so who else broke down and got in on gyropalooza 22?

Looks like lots of glow goodies, good mix of discs. Couple heavy weight and lightweight dominant boxes. I hope I get a light one haha. Sounds like 156g electron fireballs are a hot item, a bunch of other odd plastic variants. Seen lots of uplinks, some rhythm's Nothing that will break the internet like the glow hex though.

I was thinking about just selling the glow proxy right off the Hop to cover some costs, but maybe I will throw it. Haha, maybe not... I hate that curved inner rim/plate thing and I've got a few .

I have heard rumblings of some L2 glow or plasma Flares, if anyone ends up with one of those PM me…

ThrowaEnvy 11-12-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3851305)
I have heard rumblings of some L2 glow or plasma Flares, if anyone ends up with one of those PM me…

Fo sure. Happy to help you out SteGOAT :D

Fission envy's were also announced, electron Zenith.. Ummmm.. I like the looks of electron fireballs..

strunk flugget 11-13-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3851306)
Fo sure. Happy to help you out SteGOAT :D

Fission envy's were also announced, electron Zenith.. Ummmm.. I like the looks of electron fireballs..

I think it was fission zenith and electron terra but either way…electron drivers is always something I’m skeptical of due to the frequency of high speed tree hits for me 😂

ThrowaEnvy 11-13-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strunk flugget (Post 3851338)
I think it was fission zenith and electron terra but either way…electron drivers is always something I’m skeptical of due to the frequency of high speed tree hits for me ��

You're right, I think.. I didn't pay much attention,max weight stable discs aren't really something I need these days.... Saw a sweet surge on FB but resisted, I've still got one if I want to relive the good ol days.

I'd be tempted to get a electron fireball and beat the crap out of it.. The rocks around here do a year's damage in a month or two.

Found a fission 143 tesla at a store, it's coming with my gyropalooza box... hoping it will be closer to what I need for a backup. Hoping something decent comes with the gyro box that is worthy to send to the dye shop. I'm not sure about dying the glitch, hate to cover those swirls.

Sure wish I'd snagged a bright yellow 155 plasma tesla when I was eyeballing them

ThrowaEnvy 11-14-2022 12:04 AM

Oh man, proton uplinks have been sighted in gyropalooza boxes.. Talk about my white whale! Waiting for the mail just got 10X better...

ThrowaEnvy 11-14-2022 11:47 AM

3peat haha.

Newsletter is out, restock on prism pyro, R2 everything: insanity, atom, anode, inertia. R2 starter boxes.

Rhythm is coming finally. A rangefinder (parsec) and a disc putting stand haha. For $45 I can buy two lawnchairs

The Shide 11-14-2022 01:08 PM

Really enjoy the videos put out by MVP with Brad & Chad.
Loved it when a question was put to them & they kinda light up as though it hadn't occurred to them, but was a really cool idea.
Like glow Glitches!! Yes please!

Serious-OLD 11-14-2022 01:32 PM

I just noticed the Mint Bullet is pretty similar in design to a Glitch, but slightly different top/bottom mold height proportions, faster, Gyro, and microbeadless, and got to wondering if there was anything closer to the Bullet in the Axiom/MVP lineup.

Is there an over mold version of the Mint Bullet / Thoughtspace Praxis?

Muiriddin 11-18-2022 09:07 PM

So bought another fission, slight dome Tesla and the parting line height for my other flat as hell one is way high in comparison. This seems to confirm what I expected, so Slight Dome Special Edition New, is in the bag to be tested and flatter than hell high parting line is possibly out.

lee76007 11-20-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muiriddin (Post 3852345)
So bought another fission, slight dome Tesla and the parting line height for my other flat as hell one is way high in comparison. This seems to confirm what I expected, so Slight Dome Special Edition New, is in the bag to be tested and flatter than hell high parting line is possibly out.

I've had a slight dome fission tesla for about two months now, and one of my most reliable disc in the bag. Started out straight down the middle, now with a little bit of fade. Now that I think about it, out of my four 9-speeds has the most parked shots, should probably go pick up a backup:)

ThrowaEnvy 11-20-2022 11:13 PM

Got my box, posted it in the gyropalooza thread..

Proxy blue glow 171g
Envy blue glow
R2 signal 159g
Reactor 172 N
Crave 167 N
Servo 159 N
Motion 162 N
Photon 165 F?
Virus 170 P
Paradox 178 watermelon P
Uplink 175
Tantrum 172
Terra 174
Tenacity 172

Hmmm and here it is again haha. Really have to hand it to MVP for the better mix of discs. Of course I say that because I'm moderately happy with moderate expectations but I could make myself a bag out of the box.

I've seen a couple people dissatisfied either with it being too heavy or too light but the intentional mix is worth the extra couple bucks this year. Always nice to have a good mix of stuff for gifts/ loaners etc. Been curious about a terra but I wasn't going to lay down $30 to try it, same with the motion, virus and the signal was a nice surprise. Interested in exploring it and the virus first

mas30066 11-21-2022 09:50 AM

So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

mas30066 11-21-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

That would be BH. Bizarro autocorrect. Also, take care of your elbows, folks. Shutting it down for a couple weeks to recover.

madbrad 11-22-2022 07:15 PM

Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

gooberau 11-22-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

I would have said Octane, but I don't throw a lot of high speed stuff.

I occasionally throw a 157g Octane and 150g Defy - they fly very similar to my G-Star Destroyer, but longer.

Muiriddin 11-22-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbrad (Post 3853007)
Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

The Zerg would be Gateway, and the Zerg rush should be renamed the wizard rush, they make them in so many plastic blends they have to have aliens in that factory in Missouri!

lee76007 11-23-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3852636)
So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. CouldnÂ’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

The Plasma Octane reminded of throwing the Halo Destroyer in both grip and flight, with the Octane a smoother glide and more distance. Neutron Excite reminded me of a Star Destroyer in the grip, but the Destroyer more dominant with the wind. So far nothing in MVP compares to a G-Star Destroyer. However, the past few weeks we've had the wind pickup in Virginia Beach as usual this time of the year 15-30 mph gusty over 40 and will get stronger in the winter months. Both the Octane, Excite, and Catalyst fared poorly so they were traded in for non-MVP discs. I kept the Neutron Relativity nice glide in lighter winds, and longer distance. I really wish I hadn't traded away my G-Star Destroyer last winter's wind disc when I started flipping my bag to MVP this past spring. I enjoy throwing in stronger wind, and at the moment I'm auditioning a handful of other discs to fill the void in higher disc speed that will hold the wind, that doesn't seem available with MVP. In lower speed discs I've found that the Plasma's will hold the wind, just not the Octane.

discerdoo 11-23-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee76007 (Post 3853178)
Both the Octane, Excite, and Catalyst fared poorly so they were traded in for non-MVP discs.

That'll cost you a seat on team gyro, bro!

ThrowaEnvy 11-24-2022 09:50 PM

Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

edmunder 11-24-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3853348)
Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

Relays have been broken for a while and many are more stable than craves.

I want Glow2.0 Signal. Probably fly like a Zombee and have amazing glow.

ThrowaEnvy 11-25-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmunder (Post 3853357)
Relays have been broken for a while and many are more stable than craves.

I want Glow2.0 Signal. Probably fly like a Zombee and have amazing glow.

I would take any fairway...

Signal might make sense with the generally more OS nature of eclipse.

gwsmallwood 11-25-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmunder (Post 3853357)
Relays have been broken for a while and many are more stable than craves.

I want Glow2.0 Signal. Probably fly like a Zombee and have amazing glow.

I got a Signal and a Relay in my Gyropalooza box. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Relay. I normally throw Volts, forehand dominant. The Relay definitely felt like the flight numbers were off. I picked up a max weight CN L2 Crave today as well as a Servo. In order of stability, mine are:

173 N Signal
174 CN Crave
168 N Relay
174 N Servo

gooberau 11-25-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwsmallwood (Post 3853426)
173 N Signal
174 CN Crave
168 N Relay
174 N Servo

Looks familiar - I’ve cut the cord for a month and don’t have a Crave in the bag.

I feel like I can hit any line out to about 290’ with …

157 Signal N
173 Signal N
167 Relay N
167 Relay CN
168 Servo N
172 Shock Plasma
167 Resistor N

Until the next poor round when the Craves go back in :-)

PMantle 11-26-2022 01:52 PM

I have been enjoying the Uplink and Paradox so much I used these sales going on to add a Hex and Matrix to the fold to see if I like a full gyro mid lineup.

Moose33 11-26-2022 02:25 PM

Anyone try a Panic? I saw some cool ones on sale and it’s numbers are in my wheelhouse.

Muddyboots 11-26-2022 08:02 PM

I'd love an eclipse Servo or 10.......

mas30066 11-27-2022 02:49 PM

Chanced a couple quick FH tosses with the new Octane (158 fission) since the backhand's been more problematic in this stretch. Can confirm that it goes like absolute stink (field comparisons with a Zenith and Wave. Should've grabbed the Defy, but here we are) on the FH and will have a spot in the lineup as I ease back into throwing regularly.

ThrowaEnvy 11-27-2022 08:43 PM

Nice!!! I like the light fizz octane and plasma wave combo.... About the most distance you can get with a disc. :D truly impressive molds for limited armspeed!

On a similar but somehow sadder note.... I'm getting my best distance ever with a 159 R2 signal on uphill drives. Feeling like backing that one up. Effortless uphill distance! Which just tells me I need to put more effort into "training" and driving in general. I'm sure there's more than a few past posts about me saying my 174 signal was a flip turd or roller disc etc... how times change. Haha.

madbrad 11-27-2022 11:11 PM

Dang it Throwa, you got me wanting a signal now. I'm already in love with the underworld, but hey, maybe things can be even better.

ThrowaEnvy 11-28-2022 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbrad (Post 3853700)
Dang it Throwa, you got me wanting a signal now. I'm already in love with the underworld, but hey, maybe things can be even better.

Haha, I've heard good things about the underworld.

Fission octane and waves are amazing distance... but I'm not in that category right now. Signal is all right, I'd still take a relay on the flat unless I want to hyzer flip. The signal is just nailing it on those 45 degree uphill 250' ish though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.