Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SQUATCH Legend! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140292)

gijoewoz 12-14-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2daRizzle (Post 3771826)
So I got a Squatch Legend to carry on courses that are difficult to roll my Zuca on. I preordered it and it arrived last week. I have gotten a few rounds in with it and am really loving it so far. The materials are top notch, it holds a ton of discs and gear, and carriers extremely light.

I have owned an octorhorpe in the past and the comfort and materials seems very similar, and obviously the design is very similar as well. I would give a slight nod to the octothorpe for comfort, mostly because of the load lifters on the shoulder straps, which the legend doesn’t have. Quality wise we will just have to wait and see. I have noticed that so far the legend stands up better than the octothorpe, which I always thought was tippy when I owned it.

I think this is a fantastic option for those looking in the $250ish price range. The legend is definitely a more comfortable bag than a Grip A Series (which I have also owned), and holds more as well.

There are a few review videos on YouTube you can check out if you might be interested, including one by Doth that is pretty informative.

The Squatch Legend really is a dream to carry, but I still see myself rolling my Zuca when I can, especially for tournaments, but that’s personal preference.

Thanks for contributing something useful to this thread. I'm considering the Legend, and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who carries one.

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'6", and skinny. I don't need a huge bag because I intend to pack it full all the time, I just want to have the extra storage for when I need to ditch my jacket, do field work, or carry discs for a buddy. Do you think this bag will be significantly over sized? I saw Doth's review about how it sort of sits wide on the shoulders, do you think that will be a legitimate issue for a smaller guy?

Thanks!

ray1970 12-14-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gijoewoz (Post 3775165)
I just want to have the extra storage for when I need to ditch my jacket, do field work, or carry discs for a buddy.


Is anyone who asks you to carry some of their discs really your buddy?

Iím nobodyís pack mule.

gijoewoz 12-14-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3775178)
Is anyone who asks you to carry some of their discs really your buddy?

Iím nobodyís pack mule.

Absolutely!

I enjoy introducing new players to the game, and taking super casual players out who don't even have their own bags.

AceALot 12-16-2021 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gijoewoz (Post 3775165)
Thanks for contributing something useful to this thread. I'm considering the Legend, and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who carries one.

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'6", and skinny. I don't need a huge bag because I intend to pack it full all the time, I just want to have the extra storage for when I need to ditch my jacket, do field work, or carry discs for a buddy. Do you think this bag will be significantly over sized? I saw Doth's review about how it sort of sits wide on the shoulders, do you think that will be a legitimate issue for a smaller guy?

Thanks!

from

gijoewoz 12-17-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceALot (Post 3775463)
from

Thanks, is that the AX, or BX Grip bag? The Squatch looks little lower profile.

AceALot 12-17-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gijoewoz (Post 3775694)
Thanks, is that the AX, or BX Grip bag? The Squatch looks little lower profile.

Grip BX2

Mtaugus 12-17-2021 04:01 PM

I got mine the other day. I have thrown one round with it. So far, so good. The putter pocket is amazing, and already liking the storage options. I'm really hoping it holds up.

gijoewoz 12-20-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtaugus (Post 3775722)
I got mine the other day. I have thrown one round with it. So far, so good. The putter pocket is amazing, and already liking the storage options. I'm really hoping it holds up.

Cool, I ended up placing an order this weekend. It would awesome if I got it this week, but with Christmas coming I'm expecting shipping to take a bit longer than usual.

jasonc 12-20-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gijoewoz (Post 3776011)
Cool, I ended up placing an order this weekend. It would awesome if I got it this week, but with Christmas coming I'm expecting shipping to take a bit longer than usual.

I put my order in on Tuesday and it arrived at my house on Friday.

gijoewoz 12-20-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonc (Post 3776040)
I put my order in on Tuesday and it arrived at my house on Friday.

Nice, I hope it lives up to its potential.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.