Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

Tyler J 07-06-2022 11:04 PM

I’m busy with a wedding Labor Day weekend. I’m also just a gold schmuck trying to crash the party.

nothinbuttree 07-06-2022 11:57 PM

I think you all should play Northwood Black, and hire Central Coast to record it. I'd pay a few bucks for that video. :) Even more to spectate. heh heh

BogeyNoMore 07-07-2022 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbuttree (Post 3821206)
I think you all should play Northwood Black, and hire Central Coast to record it. I'd pay a few bucks for that video. :) Even more to spectate. heh heh

You want to watch us play Northwood Black?
I'd have thought you've seen enough discs hitting trees, given your screen name.

This meet is supposed to be fun for us ...not you. :p

wolfhaley 07-07-2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbuttree (Post 3821206)

You saw me play Osage. Not pretty. I highly doubt you'd want to watch us searching in the rough for our discs for 4 hours. Chumps vs. Chumps does have a nice ring to it though :D

Three Putt 07-07-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3821164)

OK, well, I was curious... so I mapped out all 50 Diamond TRs, and the average of all those places is indeed right by St. Louis... right by the airport it would seem. So I think you've got a **** good case!!

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...8&d=1657144783

Soooo...when are you picking me up?

Three Putt 07-07-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J (Post 3821137)
Y'all should play a new course in St. Louis so I can crash your party. There's a new recreational course in Chesterfield that isn't on DGCR yet. 18 holes - 4,241 feet. 18 is a par 5 that's 559 whole feet long if you can handle that.

There's also a new 9-hole pay to play on a golf course by our airport in case I haven't convinced you yet.

Railroad isn't on the site yet? Lol. Imma gonna play that one as soon as the temps get under 100 so...about 12 weeks from now. :p

Tyler J 07-07-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3821250)
Railroad isn't on the site yet? Lol. Imma gonna play that one as soon as the temps get under 100 so...about 12 weeks from now. :p

Iím going to play it this weekend, possibly today, so I can add it if someone else doesnít before me.

BogeyNoMore 07-07-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3821249)
Soooo...when are you picking me up?

I was planning on camping in your backyard... :|

notapro 07-07-2022 11:35 AM

Diamond Meetup @ Three Putts house? It's all coming together!!!

Three Putt 07-07-2022 11:47 AM

I mean there is a basket in my yard; I could list that as a course on UDisc. :|

Three Putt 07-07-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3821280)
Diamond Meetup @ Three Putts house? It's all coming together!!!

Did you ever make it back by here after I declined to skip work and play Lion's Club in a blizzard with you?

notapro 07-07-2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3821284)
Did you ever make it back by here after I declined to skip work and play Lion's Club in a blizzard with you?

I think so, that was my first trip through there... I had been back to play Ozark another time after that probably?

I probably am going to go on a road trip in two weeks if you're interested in playing Lion's Club in sweltering heat instead of a blizzard... :popcorn:

Olorin 07-07-2022 04:46 PM

Social Groups don't seem to get much use on DGCR these days, but is every new Diamond TR who reads this thread a member of the social group, "Elite Diamond Reviewer club"? It used to be one of the rites of passage another of the awesome perqs of obtaining the diamond. That is the only place to learn the secret handshake and the secret recognition word.

There is also a Diamond TR Meetup planning thread there as well...

thrembo 07-07-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olorin (Post 3821355)
Social Groups don't seem to get much use on DGCR these days, but is every new Diamond TR who reads this thread a member of the social group, "Elite Diamond Reviewer club"? It used to be one of the rites of passage another of the awesome perqs of obtaining the diamond. That is the only place to learn the secret handshake and the secret recognition word.

How do we gain admittance to said club? Do we need an invite? Is JR Stengele still active on here?

notapro 07-07-2022 11:49 PM

Hmmmm, yes and no I think. But it was never active really.

BogeyNoMore 07-08-2022 12:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3821421)
How do we gain admittance to said club? Do we need an invite? Is JR Stengele still active on here?

Notapro is right. The Elite Diamond Reviewer Club is essentially a ghost town. :\

magictenor1 07-08-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

I'm jealous. i'm only a silver lol. you still playing MTG?

thrembo 07-08-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictenor1 (Post 3821613)

Yes sir. New set comes out today. Do you still play?

BogeyNoMore 07-08-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictenor1 (Post 3821613)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3821615)
Yes sir. New set comes out today. Do you still play?

My son plays competitively. He and his friends travel to different tournaments throughout the mid-west on a pretty regular basis. Magic is to him, what disc golf is to me.

thrembo 07-08-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3821616)
My son plays competitively. He and his friends travel to different tournaments throughout the mid-west on a pretty regular basis. Magic is to him, what disc golf is to me.

Nice. One of my sons plays too, kind of what's keeping me in it. And my brother plays too.

magictenor1 07-08-2022 08:29 PM

I still play and my 23 yr old son plays. I have one friend here who plays DG and magic and so does his son.

magictenor1 07-08-2022 08:33 PM

The road trip I've mentioned coming up is with my magic playing friend. DG daytime and magic at night lol

Three Putt 07-08-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3821434)
Hmmmm, yes and no I think. But it was never active really.

One of the few things a moderator can actually do on this site that would make you go "Dude, uncool" is we can jack a social group out from under you. So I could assign someone else as the admin of that group if the diamond TR's want it active and JR Stengele isn't doing anything with it, but if JR Stengele ever noticed he would probably think "Dude, uncool."

BogeyNoMore 07-08-2022 11:38 PM

Indeed 3P is uncool in many ways, but ripping social groups out from under people ain't one of them.

Reality is, Diamonds have been communicating with each other just fine via the main forum. Reassigning the EDR social group to a more active user would serve no real purpose, other than someone would be able to invite new Diamonds into a dead social group. :|

I've forgotten the secret handshake anyway, but from what I recall, it involved the kind of wrist roll most of us try to avoid when we're throwing. :\

wolfhaley 07-09-2022 05:18 AM

I didn't even realize the social group thing was even a thing until just recently. I don't think I'm a member of any of them. Maybe the Hampstead sucks one if anything. And that's for the Lulz because he's good s***. How many diamond folks do we actually have posting on here anyway?

Three Putt 07-09-2022 11:09 AM

I mean...pretty much all the diamonds that are still active post in this thread. It's the de facto social group.

Three Putt 07-09-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3821672)
Indeed 3P is uncool in many ways, but ripping social groups out from under people ain't one of them.

A moderator ripped a social group out from under Jukeshoe once; that was for the lulz, though. Abuse of power due to user inactivity=not cool. Abuse of power to mess with Jukeshoe=hilarity. I'm pretty sure that's written in the moderators handbook. :|

Surge5 07-09-2022 07:19 PM

I did it. Finally passed the 1,000 mark. Now I begin the long, long wait for my uniques. Gonna count them soon.

Jukeshoe 07-09-2022 08:00 PM

Diamond TR disc & shuffle meetup! 1/2 discing & 1/2 power cube draft! :p

Tyler J 07-09-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surge5 (Post 3821770)
I did it. Finally passed the 1,000 mark. Now I begin the long, long wait for my uniques. Gonna count them soon.

Congrats!

magictenor1 07-09-2022 08:35 PM

I think I'm coming up on gold status. got the reviews and votes but not sure about uniques

magictenor1 07-09-2022 08:42 PM

actually just noticed I made gold lol. That just happened today

notapro 07-09-2022 10:49 PM

Sign me up for discing and MTG too! Perfect complements to each other, it just makes sense.

BogeyNoMore 07-10-2022 12:40 AM

Maybe some of us can play glow while you guys are playing Magic. :thmbup:

Olorin 07-11-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3821666)
One of the few things a moderator can actually do on this site that would make you go "Dude, uncool" is we can jack a social group out from under you. So I could assign someone else as the admin of that group if the diamond TR's want it active and JR Stengele isn't doing anything with it, but if JR Stengele ever noticed he would probably think "Dude, uncool."

Am I correct that each social group can only have 1 owner? Can they have any more admins?
If JR Stengele no longer wants to be the group owner then I volunteer to do it. That should be JR's call, though.

Olorin 07-11-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3821722)
I mean...pretty much all the diamonds that are still active post in this thread. It's the de facto social group.

But if momentum ever does grow to plan a Diamond TR meetup then I would like to see it moved to the Elite DTR social group or at least a new thread started. That would keep from clogging up this thread with lots of posts that many people don't care about.

Olorin 07-13-2022 11:44 AM

Elite Diamond Reviewer Club

Hi Diamond TRs,

I'm the new Admin for the social group "Elite Diamond Reviewer Club". If you are a Diamond TR and want to be in this group, please let me know on this thread. (As the name implies this is a privilege only for Diamond TRs.) I can invite you, but would you also please try to join yourself? I think that you may be able find it and apply yourself. If you can, that will make my job a little easier and increase the speed with which you get in.

Olorin 07-13-2022 12:24 PM

Hey Sisyphus,

Is the list of Diamond TRs in the google doc up to date?

I just invited 25 Diamond TRs to the Elite social group.

thrembo 07-13-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olorin (Post 3822542)
Hey Sisyphus,

Is the list of Diamond TRs in the google doc up to date?

It should be. He updated it to put me on the list. I don't think we added anymore since.

BogeyNoMore 07-13-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olorin (Post 3822542)

Suddenly, I don't feel so elite. :\