Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

krooster 09-22-2020 04:21 PM

More P1's please :) No matter how many times I try other putters I always come back to them.

ArtemisClydFr0g 09-23-2020 09:35 AM

Was the Origin mold modified from the prototype to the stock release?

Discmania_Support 09-25-2020 01:24 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3635050)
Sorry if you've already answered this, but can you talk to why you don't run more of your discs in P-line? It's such a great plastic to pair with an S- or C-line of the same mold. I'd personally love to see a P-PDx, and I know a lot of other people would go crazy over a run of P-line in their favorite mold(s).

Driver Pro or Driver P-Line plastic has been discontinued by us for a few years now. Unfortunately there aren't any plans to make more but the Active Line and Evolution line surely will have comparable options to that type of thing in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3635110)
More P1's please :) No matter how many times I try other putters I always come back to them.

P1 may not return at least for 2021. However, we've got some good plans in the works that should do the trick. The Sensei is also another great option for this sort of thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3635375)
Was the Origin mold modified from the prototype to the stock release?

Definitely. The Prototype was a bit too overstable so we tweaked it to fly a little more understable and the stock version you'll see now is how it will stay. We're very happy with the outcome.

B The V 09-29-2020 11:29 AM

When will the re-tooled dd2 drop? Any new molds in the works this year??

Hyzer Ale 10-05-2020 07:11 PM

Was the night strike 3 a one time release, or will you be restocking?

krooster 10-10-2020 11:20 PM

Is there a reason why the recent runs of S-Line FD are so overstable? Really hoping you do another run that is more understable, like they were years back. Seems like a different disc now.

B The V 10-13-2020 12:41 PM

So many cool mold/plastic combos they could have gone with. We get another run of swirly Pd2.

Hyzer Ale 10-13-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3642513)
Is there a reason why the recent runs of S-Line FD are so overstable? Really hoping you do another run that is more understable, like they were years back. Seems like a different disc now.

Go lighter if you can find it. The 168g that I got is an amazing disc, the 175g that I bought is as stable as the swirly run.

ray1970 10-13-2020 08:24 PM

Just saw Simonís new swirly PD2 Sky Rider is about to drop.

Fortunately for me I donít have the arm for it so I wonít have to be disappointed when I canít get one.

ArtemisClydFr0g 10-14-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3643605)
Just saw Simonís new swirly PD2 Sky Rider is about to drop.

Fortunately for me I donít have the arm for it so I wonít have to be disappointed when I canít get one.

They did a good job with the Night Strike 3 release. If you didn't get one, that's on you.

ray1970 10-14-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3643825)
They did a good job with the Night Strike 3 release. If you didn't get one, that's on you.


I did manage to snag a NS3. Took a few attempts to keep one in the cart long enough to check out but I got it done.

And I do agree that snatching one of those was way easier than previous releases due to the one-per-customer limit.

Iím just kind of guessing that even with a limit any signature disc from Simon is going to fly off the shelf fast.

bogeyfreetilinfinity 10-15-2020 03:31 PM

gone in under 5 minutes

ray1970 10-15-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity (Post 3644412)
gone in under 5 minutes


https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0ed333f304.jpg

Jenga54 10-15-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity (Post 3644412)
gone in under 5 minutes

I know isn't it awesome! Congrats Simon!

B The V 10-19-2020 10:56 AM

The new batch of PD3's. Are they a different run? Are they more OS than the previously sold PD3's?

Flick Maniac 10-20-2020 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3645621)
The new batch of PD3's. Are they a different run? Are they more OS than the previously sold PD3's?

discmaniadiscs instagram says about the North Star PD3s:

"This batch is much flatter than the European Open run and really packs a punch."

Gmtata01 10-20-2020 09:56 PM

How are c line MD3s ...want to try stock vs paying $50+. Any thing to look for? Penned embossed etc

B The V 10-21-2020 08:33 AM

I think c line md3's get overlooked because everyone wants to throw the flashy Eagle signature runs. It's been a while since I've thrown one, but I doubt there is a huge difference that the average thrower would be able to notice between the c lines and signature runs. P line md3's are also great discs and beat in to be a great compliment to a more overstable md3.

ray1970 10-21-2020 09:59 AM

I am going to politely disagree with the post above.

My go-to mid for a while was one of the Iron Samurai MD3s. I would say it flew fairly true to the 5/5/0/2 numbers and was very similar to my glow MD4s.

I let a buddy throw it and he was impressed and bought himself a stock C-line MD3. It was a whole different animal and would turn a bit and usually finish straight or even drift right. I found it to be a very neutral disc more like a 5/5/-1/1.

Iíve been meaning to pick up an Infinite Discs Chariot as a buddy of mine swears up and down itís pretty much a rebranded MD3 and is easy to get and comes in the color glow plastic which I really like.

ArtemisClydFr0g 10-21-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3646490)
I am going to politely disagree with the post above.

My go-to mid for a while was one of the Iron Samurai MD3s. I would say it flew fairly true to the 5/5/0/2 numbers and was very similar to my glow MD4s.

I let a buddy throw it and he was impressed and bought himself a stock C-line MD3. It was a whole different animal and would turn a bit and usually finish straight or even drift right. I found it to be a very neutral disc more like a 5/5/-1/1.

Iíve been meaning to pick up an Infinite Discs Chariot as a buddy of mine swears up and down itís pretty much a rebranded MD3 and is easy to get and comes in the color glow plastic which I really like.

The stock C-line MD3s have had some runs that are flat and some that are domey. Domey have been more stable in my experience.

The Chariot is very similar, but is slightly less stable and pretty much true to the numbers at 5/5/0/1. I think it flies closer to a Mako3 if you ask me, but I've been messing with my form lately so it could be me. I just trust my S-line MD3 more for stable shots, then go to the MD for super straight lines.

mostlynorwegian 11-02-2020 08:46 AM

Are you going to be placing an order for another run of discs in G-Line plastic. Would love to get more FD's in that plastic, and NOT max weight.

jro_your_boat 11-02-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlynorwegian (Post 3651442)
Are you going to be placing an order for another run of discs in G-Line plastic. Would love to get more FD's in that plastic, and NOT max weight.

Unfortunately, all G-line has been discontinued by Discmania. Article posted last year: https://www.discmania.net/blogs/disc...n-announcement

mostlynorwegian 11-02-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro_your_boat (Post 3651480)
Unfortunately, all G-line has been discontinued by Discmania. Article posted last year: https://www.discmania.net/blogs/disc...n-announcement

I vaguely recall that, and ordering some discs shortly after reading it.
I just wanted to put it out there because this year made things a little different on account of the 'rona.

ManU 11-03-2020 04:52 PM

I would track down what you can now

I did that to rebuild a winter bag

Got tired of brick hard premium plastic

discddwn 11-05-2020 08:36 AM

When will there be a restock on MD’s?

seedlings 11-05-2020 01:15 PM

Hey Discmania!

Would you say that your printed flight numbers are intended to represent:
1) a brand new disc
2) a disc with some rounds on it

My very limited experience is C-line FD3 numbers represent new discs (I have two), but the c-line FD numbers are after much use.

thursdaddy 11-07-2020 12:51 AM

Is there a plan or time frame for Essence restocks?

ekimox 11-07-2020 01:26 AM

How about s-line CD2's? They've been out of stock forever.

KrisDG 11-08-2020 03:34 AM

I was tired of waiting for the Essence to restock, so I bought the Evolution Starter Pack. The Geo Essence in it is an excellent disc. Its flatter and seems to be more stable than the Neo seen on YT videos. - At least when still new.
The Geo origin is also very nice. Flatter than the Neo, more comfortable in my hand and just as understable.
The Geo plastic by the feel of it seems to be in between Exo hard and Exo soft. - very grippy.

KrisDG 11-08-2020 03:41 AM

In case you wonder, how stable the 174g Geo Essence is while new? For me its more stable than my year old 174g S-line FD and less stable than a few weeks old 170g Meta Instinct.
For MVP comparison, its about the same as a new'ish Neutron Volt for me.

turniphead 11-18-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discddwn (Post 3652905)
When will there be a restock on MDís?

I have been curious about this myself. I'm a bit worried b/c today I noticed that Discmania has removed quite a few molds from the "discs" section of their website, including the MD, MD2, MD4, everything in the TD family, and a bunch of putters. I understand why they'd want to pare down their offerings, and especially try to cut back on Innova molds.

I'm afraid I'll have a hard time replacing D-Line MDs. I am relatively new to the D-Line MD love, but I have enjoyed it so much that I was going to buy 4 or 5 next time a restock occurred.

I'd love to hear if this is part of the plan moving forward, or if these missing molds are simply out of stock for the foreseeable future or something.

discddwn 11-18-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turniphead (Post 3658568)
I have been curious about this myself. I'm a bit worried b/c today I noticed that Discmania has removed quite a few molds from the "discs" section of their website, including the MD, MD2, MD4, everything in the TD family, and a bunch of putters. I understand why they'd want to pare down their offerings, and especially try to cut back on Innova molds.

I'm afraid I'll have a hard time replacing D-Line MDs. I am relatively new to the D-Line MD love, but I have enjoyed it so much that I was going to buy 4 or 5 next time a restock occurred.

I'd love to hear if this is part of the plan moving forward, or if these missing molds are simply out of stock for the foreseeable future or something.

I noticed this too the other day. I hope their not either because I throw a good bit of discmania.

josiahv 11-18-2020 01:57 PM

Glow FD3
 
Any chance you will do a run of standard (not color) glow FD3s?

The Albatross 11-18-2020 02:07 PM

I feel this should be retitled the (Un)official Ask (About) Discmania Thread.

seedlings 11-18-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albatross (Post 3658850)
I feel this should be retitled the (Un)official Ask (About) Discmania Thread.

Seems like good/simple/cheap PR to have an employee hit this thread once a week..

The Albatross 11-18-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3658867)
Seems like good/simple/cheap PR to have an employee hit this thread once a week..

The last time Discmania Official posted here was 54 days ago, and itís inconsistent before that as well. The rest is all just chatter.

krooster 11-18-2020 10:35 PM

Uh oh both P1 and P1X are not listed on their website now. I can deal with one of those going out of production because they are pretty interchangeable. But not both. They are noticeably more neutral than anything else I have tried putting with.

ArtemisClydFr0g 11-24-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3659066)
Uh oh both P1 and P1X are not listed on their website now. I can deal with one of those going out of production because they are pretty interchangeable. But not both. They are noticeably more neutral than anything else I have tried putting with.

Has anything official come out about the discs they've removed from the website? Has the relationship with Innova soured since the Evolution and Active lines came out?

I don't understand how they could leave such a massive gap in their lineup by stopping production of the CD2.

DiscyBusiness 11-24-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3659066)
Uh oh both P1 and P1X are not listed on their website now. I can deal with one of those going out of production because they are pretty interchangeable. But not both. They are noticeably more neutral than anything else I have tried putting with.

Some P-line P1s and P1Xs popped up on infinitediscs today, FYI

turniphead 11-24-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3661189)
Has anything official come out about the discs they've removed from the website? Has the relationship with Innova soured since the Evolution and Active lines came out?

I don't understand how they could leave such a massive gap in their lineup by stopping production of the CD2.

I wish we could get some official word regarding this too. The thought of no more MDs or CD2s is really concerning to me, and I love my MD4s too but am less concerned about that slot.

I think Innova is probably less than ideal to work with, especially on the scale that Discmania would like to. I've heard you have to schedule very limited times for your different runs, so it can be really hard to keep a full stable in stock. If I had to guess, DM is probably having an easier time getting what they need out of Lat64 and Yikun, and will probably move as many molds over to those companies as possible. P2s, MD3s, FDs, PDs, etc are so ubiquitous with the brand that they'll continue to make them until the cows come home.

This is all speculation of course but seems reasonable enough to me.

To be fair I think the Essence, Origin, and Instinct are all fantastic molds and I was quick to welcome them into my bag. The plastic is also very consistent and feels amazing, so this could be a good move in the long term. Just please keep running D-Line MDs!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.