Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Suggestions On a New Mid Range Disc (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2930)

Chucktown 04-23-2009 07:16 PM

Suggestions On a New Mid Range Disc

Hey guys, lost my Roc today in some heavy woods and I was thinking of trying something else like a coyote. I have a Buzz, shark, and Skeeter, I really only used the Roc though. So I wanted to know if I could get some input on the coyote or maybe some other suggestions.

Thanks

Charlie

sidewinding 04-23-2009 07:17 PM

Try a champion spider. My brother swears by them.

tamahawk 04-23-2009 07:42 PM

I just recently bought a DX Cro, it is awesome. If I had to do it over, I'd buy a better plastic that will hold up longer though.

pokamitch 04-23-2009 07:43 PM

STINGRAY!!!!!!

BENFTS 04-23-2009 08:04 PM

just use the buzzz, you will find it to be the best.

skurf 04-23-2009 08:18 PM

I bought a drone in the base plastic and have loved it every since my first throw. It's getting pretty beat in so it's now flying further and straighter than it did when I first bought it. I'm going to be buying one in Z Plastic so I can get that heavy overstableness back, but I'm still going to be keeping my old one in the bag for when I need a little extra distance before the fade. You can really crank this disc without worrying about it turning over and it's reliable fade is a thing of mid-range beauty.

skamasterhenrik 04-23-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahawk (Post 52331)
I just recently bought a DX Cro, it is awesome. If I had to do it over, I'd buy a better plastic that will hold up longer though.

The Cro is a great midrange disc as a replacement for the roc, although if you are looking for a "straight" swap, the Shark is a logical choice. If you don't mind heading to Discraft, I would give the buzzz a go (the z plastic holds up well in the woods). The stingray is a fantastic mid-range, but it is nowhere near the roc in terms of similarity. Bottom line: Innova-Shark Discraft-Buzzz.

Chucktown 04-23-2009 08:48 PM

Thanks, I guess I will stick what I have then. But has anyone thrown a DGA aftershock yet?

Omega SuperSloth 04-23-2009 09:07 PM

if you like the lip of the roc and shark you might wanna try a max weight cobra but i would more highly suggest the cro as an overstable replacement for the roc. I have a dx cro and while it looks beat to hell its never become less overstable and throws just like new. I also have a new star x-out cro and cant tell the difference i think the thick lip helps it keep its shape in dx and would still be using it but i coundnt pass up a star cro for 7.99.

Tamahawk what weight is your cro i could always use a backup for my backup

ChaseTheAce 04-23-2009 11:22 PM

Innova's Star Cro and Champ Spider are money midrange discs. Both are easily controllable for straight, hyzer, and anyhyzer shots. Cro even works well for sidearms. Just see how each feels in your hands. Before I learned to love putters these two discs helped me a lot with longer puts.

I also really like Discraft's Drone as an overstable midrange. It threads narrow corners like its nothing.