Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Prodigy BP-2 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126735)

DiscinMiller 03-24-2017 04:37 PM

Prodigy BP-2
 
1 Attachment(s)
Just saw Schusterick post this. Looks nice but very much like a dynamic discs commander rip off
No price on the site and I can't use volume on the video. Assume it's in the 75-125 range

pjhayes7 03-24-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscinMiller (Post 3156891)
Just saw Schusterick post this. Looks nice but very much like a dynamic discs commander rip off
No price on the site and I can't use volume on the video. Assume it's in the 75-125 range

I think it is probably the exact same bag as the old Academy Magellan bag and Innova Heropack. I don't havea Heropack, but when they first came out, I could tell it was a copy of the Magellan bag with just some slight cosmetic changes. This appears to be just like that Magellan, again with just slight cosmetic changes. The thing that really tips me off are those crappy zippers and zipper pulls. Although the drink holders here appear to be better.

DiscinMiller 03-24-2017 04:55 PM

Yea I could see your point. I just felt the shape with the narrow sides looked commander like to me. I like that new bags are coming out to make the market more solvent and bring some competition but I wish it was more creatively done

ThrowBot 03-24-2017 05:11 PM

Looks a little like the Hyzerbomb FlakX, minus the super choice Flak-style side putter/mini/key storage.

CreemCheese 03-25-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjhayes7 (Post 3156898)
I think it is probably the exact same bag as the old Academy Magellan bag and Innova Heropack. I don't havea Heropack, but when they first came out, I could tell it was a copy of the Magellan bag with just some slight cosmetic changes. This appears to be just like that Magellan, again with just slight cosmetic changes. The thing that really tips me off are those crappy zippers and zipper pulls. Although the drink holders here appear to be better.

This one looks to have a couple tweaks, but overall very Magellan-ish to me.

biscoe 03-25-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscinMiller (Post 3156891)
Assume it's in the 75-125 range

I believe it is $65.

scunham 03-25-2017 04:12 PM

If I didn't just get my original grip bag back in a trade I'd probably get one of these. I think it's a nice looking bag for the price.

Stable 03-25-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3157128)
I believe it is $65.

This price is really appealing. I can't believe I paid around $275 for my Discmania Grip when they first came out. It's really durable and functional but I wish I didn't spend so much. This Prodigy bag looks great. Just enough.

DiscinMiller 03-25-2017 08:07 PM

I'm still waiting for a minimalist backpack bag to be released. The pinch by upper park sounds like it may do the trick.
But the more of these things come out the better it is for us as consumers. Competition is good

Consult20 03-26-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3157128)
I believe it is $65.

Confirmed MSRP is $65, looks like a very good value even if it requires the Magellan corrugated plastic mod.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.