Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Favourite slow, low glide, overstable approach disc? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134285)

GripEnemy 06-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorB (Post 3461493)
I've actually been using a SP Breaker a lot for overstable backhand approaches. Zone primarily gets forehand approaches still.

Breaker/Ringer (less known) and of course Zone are exceptional molds for the right people. I'll praise all three until the day I die.

Some people want a Berg though, it's a complete turd in the air and dies like none of the former three.

MaxFlight 06-12-2019 08:10 PM

Funny how some people are asking why I need an overstable approach disc... Isn’t this a disc forum? I didn’t come here to get lectured about using what I have , thank you very much!
Besides, look at the pros throwing Rhynos,
Zones, harps etc... ect...

I love my Rekos for most of my short drives and appoaches, and don’t typically bag a TON of different molds. But I’d rather have more variety in my slower discs than my faster discs. So Ho-Hum.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone else though! Much appreciated.

Jolt 06-13-2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

and don’t typically bag a TON of different molds. But I’d rather have more variety in my slower discs than my faster discs. So Ho-Hum.
Same here. . i have 5 putter moulds ( and two of each ). . but only one driver mould.
I love to throw putters. . basicly everytime i go to the course i start to throw putters for a hour as warmup, SO fun :) . . i usually brings a few extra putters just to try out

SD86 06-13-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3461735)
... and donít typically bag a TON of different molds. But Iíd rather have more variety in my slower discs than my faster discs. So Ho-Hum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3461893)
Same here. . i have 5 putter moulds ( and two of each ). . but only one driver mould.

Moi aussi. I've been discing down from the hi-speed drivers, but still bag several putters, approachers, and mids. And I throw everything in my core bag at least once when I play on my home course, so those slower discs are not leaving the bag any time soon.

ThrowaEnvy 06-14-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3461735)
Funny how some people are asking why I need an overstable approach disc... Isnít this a disc forum? I didnít come here to get lectured about using what I have , thank you very much!
Besides, look at the pros throwing Rhynos,
Zones, harps etc... ect...

I love my Rekos for most of my short drives and appoaches, and donít typically bag a TON of different molds. But Iíd rather have more variety in my slower discs than my faster discs. So Ho-Hum.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone else though! Much appreciated.

Hmmmm so what did you end up buying or what are you thinking of buying for the slot?

ajcloutier 06-14-2019 02:23 PM

Ringer GT. Feels good too

ArtemisClydFr0g 06-14-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenja (Post 3461637)
My favorite so far was the Glow Berg, OS on touchy BH and straight on 150' FH.
Today I only use the S-P2 since I still try to fit 2 beer (or a sweater) into my tournament bag. Now I grabbed a FR S-P3x, which has not even been mentioned here yet.

Where does it fit in between all these options in HSS and LSS? A faster Berg?
Before I used the Harp, which I find amazing but slightly too fast for my taste.

The P3x isn't HSS enough for straight to fade forehand shots IMO. It has a touch more glide and a little less fade than an AviarX3 backhand. I love throwing it backhand, but I rarely find a use for it on the course now that I have the AviarX3/Rhyno combination in my bag.

texasissouth 06-14-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3462563)
The P3x isn't HSS enough for straight to fade forehand shots IMO. It has a touch more glide and a little less fade than an AviarX3 backhand. I love throwing it backhand, but I rarely find a use for it on the course now that I have the AviarX3/Rhyno combination in my bag.

I dunno if it is because the one I have is glow or not but my experience with a P3x makes me think of it as a deeper, no "tumbtrac" Breaker, both in feel and in stability, more than enough for forehand.

CreemCheese 06-14-2019 04:59 PM

Slow, low glide, and OS, can't go wrong with a scale for that slot.

Casey 1988 06-14-2019 05:26 PM

The Disc I recommended: is the Chef OS, but that is a very similar disc to the Hydra another disc I recommended.