Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Favourite slow, low glide, overstable approach disc? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134285)

BeRReGoN 06-04-2019 06:58 PM

I like my K3 and K2 Berg. I'll have a K1 Glow soon too.

tbird888 06-04-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albatross (Post 3458315)
Re-read my post as well then. I threw the Rhyno for 8 years. The Z Zone is more overstable and has less glide.

I disagree on the glide but :thmbup:

slowplastic 06-04-2019 07:16 PM

I think the Berg is the best fit for this. Super super slow, low glide, and it's really stable. It isn't as overstable as something like a Zone, in that for how ridiculously HSS it is, the LSS isn't crazy.

The Zone is a great disc but faster for sure, it will do things when it hits the ground in comparison.

I've thrown some champ Rhynos that were so glideless it didn't make sense to me. I have preferred them in star or Gstar, the couple that I have tried in each of those plastics...but it's been a few years so I don't really know my Rhynos well.

But if I think slow, low glide, stable, I think Berg.

mmblink86 06-04-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Rider (Post 3458275)
Envy

the envy is far, far away from being OS with no glide.

a better suggestion from MVP/Axiom would be a powered down motion, but people on DGCR may be offended by the fact i'm suggesting a fast disc when the OP was looking for something slow... (because, you know, no frolfer can ever use the same disc for multiple purposes...)

Putt for D'oh 06-04-2019 07:34 PM

Its funny how much debate on what is better these threads start. its kinda like putting style to me. Try a few and one will connect with you. You know which ones they are.

I thought I would like the zone more. It felt better in my hand, I like the way if flew out of my hand... but I wasn't getting the results I wanted like I was from the Harp.

I don't normally bag all three but find a time and a place for BT Soft, BT Hard and VIP. It might be on the fast side as people say but I don't get a lot of ground play for the shots I make with the BT Soft.

Bergs are getting really popular and I haven't tried one yet... Berg Berg Berg the Berg is the word...

zontar 06-04-2019 07:37 PM

DX Rhyno for me

ilmcgee 06-04-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3458302)
OP, you should add the Scale to your list.

This

Blobfish 06-04-2019 08:52 PM

I just ordered a Scale by Reptilian Disc Golf yesterday. I'll let you know how much I like it in a couple days :)

pjhayes7 06-04-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer93 (Post 3458289)
Why do you even need one? Just learn to throw your putters well. If the wind is ripping, disc up to the equivalent of a gator. I don't even own an overstable putter/approach disc...

Why do you even refer to discs plural? If you are any good you only need one disc total.

Seriously, why when someone asks for a disc suggestion does someone always say to just throw some other disc "correctly?" If the OP wanted advice on how to throw, he would have chosen the form advice forum.

OP, I have recently felt some semi gummy Champ Rhynos. They have a little dome, but otherwise feel great and really considered buying one. I personally throw Star Ontarios and R-Pros for exactly what you describe that you want.

pjhayes7 06-04-2019 09:30 PM

I also find little crossover between the Zone and Rhyno. I mean I could get a Zone to go where the Rhyno does, but it is harder to range. So I just carry both and don't worry about it.