Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Favourite slow, low glide, overstable approach disc? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134285)

Owensjef 06-04-2019 10:23 PM

DGA Breaker. I'd call it stable. Overstable is a little bit of a stretch

tirepizza 06-04-2019 11:21 PM

Zones and rhynos are so different I am surprised people mention them in the same sentence.

DrBaartman 06-05-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirepizza (Post 3458429)
Zones and rhynos are so different I am surprised people mention them in the same sentence.

This. I’ve used the Harp (for like 2 years), bagged a Zone for the last 6 months, and just recently I’ve been trying an ontario champ Rhyno. The Rhyno is a different breed than those guys.. the Harp/Zone, to me, are “mini-drivers”.. they don’t ‘glide’ like a normal putter. They fly a lot like my firebird but slower. The Rhyno ‘glides’ like a putter, but not for long before it wants to settle into the ground. I’ve been digging it, I like the lack of glide and speed, it’s OS but won’t dump and skip.
It won’t fly a short tight flex line in the woods like my zone did though, that is the only shot I feel my rhyno won’t do.. It will however hold a nice sturdy anhyzer flick line that Ive been digging. My Zone wouldnt do that.
I’ve decided to stick with the Rhyno because my MD5 will pull off the shots the Rhyno just isnt OS enough to do..

They’re all wonderful to be honest. Frisbees are freaking awesome.

Jolt 06-05-2019 02:17 AM

K2 BERG are nice and quite OS. . i use K1 Glow BERG

If you want something silly OS and slow, HAWG

MaxFlight 06-05-2019 03:23 AM

I’m definitely interested in the Zone, and threw one the other day and loved it. However, I wouldn’t exactly call it a brick. It does get some ground play and isn’t exactly on the slow side for putters. That said, I’m definitely looking to pick one up....

Harp has definitely been on my mind as well. Any favourite plastics?

Berg is really calling me, just trying to decide what plastic to go for.

Emoney 06-05-2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Rider (Post 3458275)
Envy

For gyro. I would say the Entropy is much closer to what the OP is referring to. Its dumpy and slow imo.

Rhyno sounds right on the money.

Zones are fast.

A snail can sleep for 3yrs

Jolt 06-05-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3458483)
I’m definitely interested in the Zone, and threw one the other day and loved it. However, I wouldn’t exactly call it a brick. It does get some ground play and isn’t exactly on the slow side for putters. That said, I’m definitely looking to pick one up....

Berg is really calling me, just trying to decide what plastic to go for.

I think someting like the faster Zone/Harp complement the BERG just fine

BERG is slower and more "brick like". . K2 plastic is soft and the most OS, K1 is similar but a hair firmer and a hair less OS. . both extreamly durable. . .K3 is quite a different disc, not as big of a dome and not really OS at all

Silver Rider 06-05-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3458487)
For gyro. I would say the Entropy is much closer to what the OP is referring to. Its dumpy and slow imo.

Rhyno sounds right on the money.

Zones are fast.

i guess the envy isnt exactly dumpy, but the envy does fill the role for me that the OP is describing and it works in wind too. Not only does it fill that role but its also useful for other things as well, which leads to me using it very often, which leads to increased consistency with that mold, which leads to..., which... <3

DrBaartman 06-05-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3458483)

Iím a fan of baseline harps.. BT Hard and Origio are my favorites. Stiff and grippy. They all fly good though, I used to use a really old VIP that felt great.

DrBaartman 06-05-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3458487)

For realsies?