Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Grayson 03-23-2020 01:17 PM

The best synopsis of this I have seen is the handful of 100 pcs of candy given to you with the advice that 3 are deadly poison, would you eat any of them? Heck no. As a usual rebel, I strive to be the best damn shelter in place dude around. If not for myself, my loved ones! I will not die of cabin fever, this I am fairly certain!

ru4por 03-23-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 3565325)
I did not promote any conspiracy theories, you projected that. Everything I posted was verifiable, in real time. They originally said it just jumped from animal to humans and that there was no human to human transmission.

I can't give you a source you would find acceptable because you're displaying cognitive dissonance and most importantly because there are almost no reliable sources of news/information anymore. All news organizations are wholly corrupt/biased/incompetent to an extraordinary degree. The only reliable sources of news are random anonymous people from the internet that you have to vet and fact-check yourself to the best of your sleuthing abilities.

You can continue to trust governments and corporations that only view you in terms of dollar signs for all of your news or you can think critically for yourself.

Yep, I get it. Never said I did not believe the theory could be true, just not buying the conspiracy part. Never really know, though. It did send me to reading some pretty insightful and interesting opinions on the idea.

SD86 03-23-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trifocal (Post 3565161)
Casual observation: Me and the dog walk often and there is definitely an upsurge of people walking dogs that I have not seen ever walk their dog over the past two years.

Extremely cool dog, there. :thmbup:

ru4por 03-23-2020 01:54 PM

Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. I am so very close to retirement, but no....I won't turn my back on people that could need help. I suppose the need or want to help people is hard wired and the reason I became a nurse in the first place. I don't have children and my wife is dang healthy. I don't have any underlying health issues, well....old and fat. I am gonna dig out my scrubs and do my part. Life sure has gotten weird.

esdubya 03-23-2020 02:35 PM

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S Thompson

VictorB 03-23-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565346)
Life sure has gotten weird.

Understatement of the century, right there!

I know what you're talking about, about being hard wired to help people. I'm not in a medical field (though at one point I had dreams to do that) but I'm still in a service field, and really enjoy helping people out. Thanks to you and all the people like you who are or will be working hard on the frontline of this war!

Smigles 03-23-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. I am so very close to retirement, but no....I won't turn my back on people that could need help. I suppose the need or want to help people is hard wired and the reason I became a nurse in the first place. I don't have children and my wife is dang healthy. I don't have any underlying health issues, well....old and fat. I am gonna dig out my scrubs and do my part. Life sure has gotten weird.

Man, you are inspiring. :clap:

I saw that 40+ people have a 0.1% higher mortality rate than 30+ people and been hiding inside ever since. They would not get me out of my doors. Going straight to the frontline with what i assume must be 60+ years is so selfless.

thrembo 03-23-2020 06:02 PM

Florida governor just announced he is NOT shutting Florida down. Individual cities like Miami are. Miami/Lauderdale is our hot spot. Several Florida counties have no reported cases and some like mine only have 2-10. Of course, the situation has been developing rapidly and I expect this will change if the situation gets worse.

BogeyNoMore 03-23-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

I'll ask Brad to have an Oberon in your honor.
I'd do it myself, but that'd be a waste of a perfectly good Oberon. :|

thrembo 03-23-2020 06:09 PM

Also just announced, anyone flying into Florida from NY automatic 14-day quarantine.