Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

smarkquart 08-07-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhadella (Post 2826296)
Good golly do I love my Pures. Every Opto I've ever held has moderate shoulder and flat tops. And anyone not throwing Zero Mediums for driving duties is missing out. I've relegated my GL to only shots that needs to power through some cabbage or skid.

Of all the Pures I had or still have, the Gold Line feels the best in the hand. I feel more comfortable driving, approaching, and putting with it than any other plastic because of how it blends into my hand. Unfortunately they are still on the expensive side and I do not want to totally beat up the ones I have, so I reserve them for tournament, league, and serious practice rounds. Otherwise I just stick with my Optos since I have plenty of those. The Recycled feels a little off in my hand, but I am working with them because I want to use them for putting. They still have better loft than Mediums or Optos, again prefering to use them so I can save the wear and tear on the GLs.

eric40817 08-07-2015 11:33 AM

Im going to have to try some Pures out. Lately I've been driving with Ions Shields and Judges, or KC Aviars. In my main bag I settled on Ions (because my Wizards are black and Ill lose them) and Shields. I stopped driving with my Judge as I only have 1 (Classic Blend), and I prefer stiffer putters for driving - the classic blend would get too chewed up too quick. The Pure though, seems to get more love as a driving putter than any of the ones I mentioned

PMantle 08-07-2015 11:36 AM

It's the only disc I can think of that I think everyone should own.

DG_Before_Breakfast 08-07-2015 12:49 PM

Love Pures <3 !!!

Got a new Opto Pure in use again. Just a great Disc, flies so straight, and glides forever for a putter. Then I'm approaching with an older Black Soft Zeroline Pure and Putting with a Medium Zeroline Pure. Half my shots are with a Pure most rounds ;) I feel like if the shot is bad, it wasn't the disc's fault.

DG_Before_Breakfast 08-07-2015 12:49 PM

Duplicate post sry. Did I mention Pure's are awesome?

eric40817 08-07-2015 12:53 PM

Is the Pure comparable at all to a Shield? The numbers are the same, but we know how the number game goes...

Snaques 08-07-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric40817 (Post 2826582)
Is the Pure comparable at all to a Shield? The numbers are the same, but we know how the number game goes...

Couldn't be further apart, imo.

Shield is: Glideless, Overstable, Slow, loves power, doesn't mind wind, deep rimmed

Pure is: Glidey, Straight to understable, pretty fast for a putter, requires pretty smooth form but will take some power as well, will flip in wind, shallow rimmed

My numbers for these two would be:
Pure 3/4/-1/1
Shield 2/2/0/2

Both are nice discs tho. :thmbup:

Snap-it 08-07-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 2826225)
:D

Never threw one. Didn't hear good things. Bounce out of the chains for putting and broke down too quick for driving.

But, now I am intrigued. What did you like about it? Maybe I'll have to track one down and give it a whirl.

Mike, I meant to say tackier Star or ESP, not "chalky" in my previous reply. I think it's going to be very hard to find Gripline, too many years removed.

eric40817 08-07-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques (Post 2826598)
Couldn't be further apart, imo.

Shield is: Glideless, Overstable, Slow, loves power, doesn't mind wind

Pure is: Glidey, Straight to understable, pretty fast for a putter, requires pretty smooth form but will take some power as well, will flip in wind

My numbers for these two would be:
Pure 3/4/-1/1
Shield 2/2/0/2

Both are nice discs tho. :thmbup:

Jesus Christmas its a good thing I asked. Pure/Shield for my driving putters!

Snap-it 08-07-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarkquart (Post 2826447)
Of all the Pures I had or still have, the Gold Line feels the best in the hand. I feel more comfortable driving, approaching, and putting with it than any other plastic because of how it blends into my hand. Unfortunately they are still on the expensive side and I do not want to totally beat up the ones I have, so I reserve them for tournament, league, and serious practice rounds. Otherwise I just stick with my Optos since I have plenty of those. The Recycled feels a little off in my hand, but I am working with them because I want to use them for putting. They still have better loft than Mediums or Optos, again prefering to use them so I can save the wear and tear on the GLs.

Recycled look nice anyway. I think if I can find a Pure that lands on top of my Proxy, it might kick the Proxy out. :D