Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

GoobyPls 11-26-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3523904)
I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

Even you have to admit the River and Harp are good molds.

Tis the season you know

tbird888 11-26-2019 11:13 AM

The River is super nose angle sensitive, and the Leopard has been doing what the River does for years (and doing it better). Not that good of a mold.

It may be the season, but there's no need to lie.

aphilso1 11-26-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future_Primitive (Post 3523908)
Sounds like a good time to thank Kristin Tattar for the new Moonshine Glow Zero Medium Pures hitting the market. :thmbup::clap:

Not really a fan of Gold Line myself, prefer the Zero Med and Hard putters for better grip. Hards off the tee and Mediums for putting seems to work for me.

Interesting. Do you find BT Hard plastic holds up longer for throwing than Medium and Soft? I'm going to experiment with Judges this winter and was planning to grab one Fuzion or Lucid for driving, but maybe I'll just throw a Classic instead if it has a decent lifespan.

Future_Primitive 11-26-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3524013)
Interesting. Do you find BT Hard plastic holds up longer for throwing than Medium and Soft? I'm going to experiment with Judges this winter and was planning to grab one Fuzion or Lucid for driving, but maybe I'll just throw a Classic instead if it has a decent lifespan.

Apologies not familiar with "BT" term, the Pure is the only non Discraft/Innova disc in my bag.

I do think the Zero Hard plastic holds up nicely for driving with them and have not had one taco or crack on me yet. The Zero Hard seems to hold up nicely even after a few years of throwing it. Being in this Michigan weather I found the Zero plastic better for grip in wet and snowy conditions vs Gold Line/Opto, at least for me. I even like putting with the Zero Hard Pures in the summer when its hot out.

For me, I found the Zero Soft was simply too soft. After a few uses of putting and short upshots the flightplate would warp. Pet peeve not liking warped flight plates so I switched to Zero Mediums and they hold up better but can also warp a little. Usually carry three Pures for a round, two Hards for driving/upshots and one Medium mostly putting. I do believe the Hard versions holds up much better than the Soft/Med versions in Zero. Have a Zero Hard Pure still in the bag after 4 years, tend to swap out the Mediums more, almost yearly.

GoobyPls 11-26-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 3524010)
The River is super nose angle sensitive, and the Leopard has been doing what the River does for years (and doing it better). Not that good of a mold.

It may be the season, but there's no need to lie.

LOL OK.

JC17393 11-26-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future_Primitive (Post 3524093)
Apologies not familiar with "BT" term, the Pure is the only non Discraft/Innova disc in my bag.

BT = Zero = Classic

Just depends on which brand you're talking about (Westside, Lat64, DD) which term is appropriate but, as you can see, plenty of people use them interchangeably.

Putt for D'oh 11-26-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3523904)
I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

I think sometimes discs are like toothbrushes and shoes. Just gotta change the model for the sake of change because new sells better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3523958)
I have thrown both. I always have a Pure in the bag for approaches. I am throwing Gold Line now, but could go back to Opto in a heartbeat. For me, they fly exactly the same, and I have not noticed wear on either one.

Opto is the plastic I prefer for what I do have, I'll probably stick with that. Its not more stability I want, its the durability and holding the point longer before getting too flippy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future_Primitive (Post 3524093)
Apologies not familiar with "BT" term, the Pure is the only non Discraft/Innova disc in my bag.

Pet peeve of mine with Trilogy. Same plastic gets totally unrelated and different names. BT Westside to Lat64 Zero... I think is Classic with DD. Where all the discs made by innova with the C line, S line etc... much better IMO
Anyway I have Harps in Soft and the dimpled and beat-up flight plate is kinda bonus. As an approach disc it sticks and sits really well. It is very slight taco-ing with the hard or medium pures but it affect the stability sooo much. They go from nicely US to unable to control for a drive. As an approach disc the Medium is a great plastic and I will stick with it as a companion to the soft Harp.

Driving. I think Opto it is.

Putt for D'oh 11-26-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC17393 (Post 3524116)
BT = Zero = Classic

Just depends on which brand you're talking about (Westside, Lat64, DD) which term is appropriate but, as you can see, plenty of people use them interchangeably.

Got in there while I was typing.

Casey 1988 11-26-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh (Post 3524118)
I think sometimes discs are like toothbrushes and shoes. Just gotta change the model for the sake of change because new sells better.



Opto is the plastic I prefer for what I do have, I'll probably stick with that. Its not more stability I want, its the durability and holding the point longer before getting too flippy.



Pet peeve of mine with Trilogy. Same plastic gets totally unrelated and different names. BT Westside to Lat64 Zero... I think is Classic with DD. Where all the discs made by innova with the C line, S line etc... much better IMO
Anyway I have Harps in Soft and the dimpled and beat-up flight plate is kinda bonus. As an approach disc it sticks and sits really well. It is very slight taco-ing with the hard or medium pures but it affect the stability sooo much. They go from nicely US to unable to control for a drive. As an approach disc the Medium is a great plastic and I will stick with it as a companion to the soft Harp.

Driving. I think Opto it is.

Not 100% true with Innova, Hyzerbomb a mini brand that Innova makes the discs for have different names for the plastic then Innova, Millennium, Infinite Disc, and Discmania's Innova made discs.

aphilso1 11-26-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC17393 (Post 3524116)
BT = Zero = Classic

Just depends on which brand you're talking about (Westside, Lat64, DD) which term is appropriate but, as you can see, plenty of people use them interchangeably.

Thanks for catching my error. I throw Westside a lot more than L64, so I forget the equivalent L64 plastic name. I definitely meant Zero Hard rather than BT Hard.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.