Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments & Leagues (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137310)

Steve West 09-07-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty (Post 3628887)
I throw LHBH and about 300 feet, so picturing the pro righty options spins my head around a little.

Watch the coverage in a mirror.

I always R/L flip pictures of the holes before I finish a design.

ILUVSMGS18 09-08-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty (Post 3628810)
On 7 it seems like the error you canít make is an OB with little positive distance gained. I wonder what singular choice or decision sequence creates that result the most.

The OB on that hole that bothers me the least is RHFH out over the left side OB pushing for extra distance for a birdie putt and not a birdie upshot. Seems the right risk/reward.

That right tree line really seems to eat up distance gains.

That error applies to most of the course, especially on 1, 4, 7, 8, 12, 16 and 18. I birdied 7 from the whites with an OB and I slipped on the teepad. Played BH with Heat, FH OB just outside C1 with a Raptor and hit the putt. Had I thrown my Force instead of my Raptor I might have had an inside C1 putt for Eagle.

Having played the blue tees once, I took a 7 with an OB (long 3rd shot on the wall behind the basket) and a foot fault. Played Zeus, Crank (FF) Force (OB long) and missed the C2 putt.

I think that the top MPO guys can definitely have a look at a 3 if they have a drive that gets to at least the white tee if not the bulge on the left and then have a monster shot from there. 1200' is an awful long distance to cover in 2 shots with OB on both sides.

Jolt 09-08-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve West (Post 3628718)
Two possible explanations:

1. When most courses call a hole a par 5, it really should be a par 4. The TD or designer just wants to see "eagles". Players are accustomed to thinking that on par 5, the score they should expect is 4, so that's what they plan to do. However, on this course all the pars were set correctly to actually be the score an expert would expect (except #6 where players expect a 2), so going for 4 is not a good plan.

2. The fairway is about 85 to 125 feet wide. Call it 100. Players at this level can land their disc within plus or minus 50 feet off-line about two-thirds of the time on a 350-foot throw. A frequently used design principle is that players of the targeted skill level should meet the challenge on each throw about two-thirds of the time. That's where a throw is both fair and challenging. Since it takes three 350-foot throws, each player has a 70% chance (1- .66^3) of going OB at least once.

I'm not sure how much each possible explanation comes into play, but I would bet it's more 2 than 1.

Plus minus 50ft off-line on a 350ft throw to me sounds quite bad for a top pro...i feel they should hit that 9 out of 10

If you read the " What's your 2 shot distance?" most players says that they can hit C1 from 200-300ft.

I mean if you place a mark to hit every 350ft on that hole i would hope the best players in the world would place the disc closer than plus/minus 50ft from those marks?

Or say it another way. . if hole 7 was just 350ft long with that +100ft wide fairway. . .most players in the field would park that hole.. .

Sure i get the "the top pros must birdy everything" thing. . .but on a hole with 6,07 Avg. . do you really need to birdy that hole?!?

brutalbrutus 09-08-2020 04:47 AM

I'm sure a lot of those OBs on 7 came from locals and the non "top pro" crowd that plays some of these events.

Jolt 09-08-2020 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3628980)
I'm sure a lot of those OBs on 7 came from locals and the non "top pro" crowd that plays some of these events.

Paul and Eagle trew OB twice on hole7, And KJ and Ricky once. .i would call them top pros ;)

Monocacy 09-08-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3628969)
If you read the " What's your 2 shot distance?" most players says that they can hit C1 from 200-300ft.

Sounds like the accuracy equivalent of ďinternet distance.Ē ;)

brutalbrutus 09-08-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3628983)
Paul and Eagle trew OB twice on hole7, And KJ and Ricky once. .i would call them top pros ;)

Thanks captain obvious.

WardM 09-08-2020 08:41 PM

Paul Mcbeth rainbow disc

Anyone know what the rainbow disc Paul has used all tournament long? Canít tell if itís a Luna or not.

Twmccoy 09-08-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3628499)
Insane score spread. . Paige P is 48 throws ahead of Paige S !! . . and Paige S won Worlds here
( and KJ had 37 throws better tham her husband )

That is simply incomprehensible.

Paige S hasn't had a good year.

Paige P didn't even really play well until mid-tourny this weekend. She tightened things up a lot in the last round. Early on she was a little rough.

Discraft Dad 09-09-2020 09:50 AM

It was nice to see Paige respond positively to being challenged. Usually doesn't happen. She certainly didn't succumb to any pressure.