Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

PeterMonk 03-16-2020 05:25 PM

Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.

Mediocrefellow 03-16-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterMonk (Post 3563062)
Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.

Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.

jakebake91 03-16-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow (Post 3563072)
Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.

I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.

ThrowaEnvy 03-16-2020 08:57 PM

I'm sort of excited for the ohm now, I watched the one YouTube video, looks like something I can get behind 5!! glide! That small diameter though.. I would love to see numbers like that in a midrange.

Mediocrefellow 03-17-2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3563108)
I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.

The electron matrix once it hits a few trees is the straightest disc I have. It's like an Atom with less fade and a bit faster and farther. I rip mine on the slightest hyzer on 300ish holes and it flips up, turns very slightly and then sits down without the fade. It's beautiful to watch lol

Marmoset 03-17-2020 08:14 AM

I got to throw the Ohm and Reactor yesterday.
I wrote a more comprehensive summary of the Ohm in the Ohm thread, but it is fantastic and Iím buying a stack for sure. Neutral, straight, glidey, long, etc. if you like Proxys, check out the Ohm.

I didnít get many throws with the Reactor. Shaped like a less-blunt Buzzz and was more OS than a Buzzz. This one deserves more thrashing but looks promising

ThrowaEnvy 03-19-2020 12:04 AM

Well my night of straddle putts is over, no not by choice. Just kept landing for a straddle think I threw 6 tonight about half hit. I played a fresh proton spin, almost lost it again on the same hole I lost it for a week before. It's my nicest one too, deep pink/purple with white swirls. What a great disc, has lots of stability too. Now here's what's wiring me out:

I have two Envy's I'm beating up both plasma 167 thanks ACF.. The blue one has seen lots of use, cuts a beautiful anhyzer and has always been a lower stability kind of. I think it's easier to turn but it doesn't, it fades more than the other one. The green/silver one has a touch more hss and less lss, some of which is the approach angle (maybe all) since I throw it more nose down but it kind of stalls rather than anhyzering but fades less. It is better for tunnel shots, if there was such a thing tonight but I've been playing them all week.

Any thoughts?

mrcheviot 03-24-2020 11:26 PM

Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..

brutalbrutus 03-24-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheviot (Post 3566214)
Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..

There is a nice 171g baby blue core white rim on Infinite

rocthecourse 03-25-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheviot (Post 3566214)
Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..

Axiom still hasn't figured out that they could sell more discs if they made more of the good colors.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.