Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Twitch of the Hips (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137717)

RandyC 10-24-2020 12:05 PM

Guess I should add that there are few people, like Tiger before who did twist their back. It is NOT meant to be twisted or you will definently get an injury sooner or later.

scooby snack 10-24-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3647779)
That's quite a manifesto. It seems to be a matter of life and death that you somehow convince someone that there may be a miniscule "twitch of the hips" a nanosecond before "strong brace".

Why?

You probably could have developed a cure for covid with the time and energy you've spent on this thread. Obsessive much?

RoDeO likes taking an opposing view and arguing endlessly with anyone he can bait.

RoDeO 10-24-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy42b (Post 3647835)
Hmmm. That's sure what Paul looks like. But don't ball golfers deliberately move the hips before the shoulders rotate? They get more power that way, and also more back injuries. But if you look at Tiger when he's really bombing them his hips snap through well before the shoulders. Compare that to those shots more recently when his back was in trouble and they were rotating simultaneously, and he flipping them into sand traps and struggling.

Stokely talks about wanting hips forward and shoulders back on that recent sidearm video, not rotating simultaneous. So there may be more than one right way to do this.

Every good disc golfer rotates the hips and torso before the shoulders.

seedlings 10-24-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3647895)
Every good disc golfer rotates the hips and torso before the shoulders.

A really great thread would be documenting your progress in videos, giving small teaching lessons, and watching the nuevo disc golf form really catch on! The market is hot right now. Might be able to get a sponsor to get your revolutionary form off the ground. People deserve to hear this. Selling yourself short, and the entire disc golf community, by only using this thread for promotion. You can do it!

RoDeO 10-24-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3647899)
A really great thread would be documenting your progress in videos, giving small teaching lessons, and watching the nuevo disc golf form really catch on! The market is hot right now. Might be able to get a sponsor to get your revolutionary form off the ground. People deserve to hear this. Selling yourself short, and the entire disc golf community, by only using this thread for promotion. You can do it!

Love you bro
love you

txmxer 10-24-2020 08:48 PM

Iíve learned stuff about form from this thread.

Silver linings.

sidewinder22 10-25-2020 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy42b (Post 3647835)
Hmmm. That's sure what Paul looks like. But don't ball golfers deliberately move the hips before the shoulders rotate? They get more power that way, and also more back injuries. But if you look at Tiger when he's really bombing them his hips snap through well before the shoulders. Compare that to those shots more recently when his back was in trouble and they were rotating simultaneously, and he flipping them into sand traps and struggling.

Stokely talks about wanting hips forward and shoulders back on that recent sidearm video, not rotating simultaneous. So there may be more than one right way to do this.

Maybe in the modern golf swing theory they do that and those are the players getting injured.




sidewinder22 10-25-2020 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3647664)
The problem with the door frame drill is that the motions he walks through doesn't mimic the actual disc golf throw. He shows himself leaning his weight onto his front side with his butt facing the target at that point and pulling with his arm. But that isn't what happens in a disc golf throw. In a disc golf throw the arm doesn't pull against the brace of the foot. Well, I guess it can, if you are strong arming (once again another way of showing if one is using arms or hips) the disc. In a disc golf throw, done properly, the rotation of the hips and torso whip the arm through into release. That hip and torso pull against the brace but its a completely different feeling.

You appear to be making up your own version of the door frame drill like your topsy turvy lateral shift drill you made up. The arm is doing nothing in door frame drill, it's being pulled taut like bow arrow, and the plant foot is barely on the ground if it isn't striding forward, so it can't be pulling against the front foot/brace. The rear leg is doing everything in door frame drill and when you release from the door frame your front heel plants and arm is sling shot or whipped forward automatically assuming you wind up into back leg.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3647823)
In general, most people brace with the whole foot down. There are some instances where the brace is more floaty. In those cases it actually bolsters my position that hip rotation initiation happens before brace. Sidewinder emphasizes this crush the can moment as there being a solid heel down pressure brace moment. Almost exclusively though, hip rotation begins before even the ball of the lead foot plants.

It's almost like you are seeing what I am showing and trying to adjust the goalposts to make the brace happen before it actually happens. Take my baseball swing GIF for example- his hips are clearly rotating before his toe even makes solid contact. You can't think his toe is the brace can you?

You seem to ignore what I'm saying and make up your own fantastical arguments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvF6eW-by8#t=2m42s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWasFdvnGio#t=6m5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQMV3oHs6Ug#t=2m52s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agKwNo_5K5c

RoDeO 10-26-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder22 (Post 3648022)
You appear to be making up your own version of the door frame drill like your topsy turvy lateral shift drill you made up. The arm is doing nothing in door frame drill, it's being pulled taut like bow arrow, and the plant foot is barely on the ground if it isn't striding forward, so it can't be pulling against the front foot/brace. The rear leg is doing everything in door frame drill and when you release from the door frame your front heel plants and arm is sling shot or whipped forward automatically assuming you wind up into back leg.

You seem to ignore what I'm saying and make up your own fantastical arguments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvF6eW-by8#t=2m42s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWasFdvnGio#t=6m5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQMV3oHs6Ug#t=2m52s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agKwNo_5K5c

I never made up a drill. A drill is something you do to get better at something. I was showing how the lateral shift by itself doesn't create rotation.
My thought is more along the lines of thinking a rope is attached to the backside of you front shoulder and its coiled around a giant top in back of your rear leg and you have to rotate your body to pull that rope to get the top to spin.

SaROCaM 10-26-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3647823)
There are some instances where the brace is more floaty.

First there was "strong brace." Now there's "floaty brace."

It's like playing Mad Libs:

_______ brace is the next step in the throwing sequence.
adjective


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.