Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations & Road Trips (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Feb 2021 Houston to Lafayette and back (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138464)

lion 01-12-2021 04:53 PM

Feb 2021 Houston to Lafayette and back

So I have 4 full days, gonna be 4 of us on a disc golf road trip. Plans are to play 5-7 courses a day over the trip and live life like DG Kings. Any recommendations:

Beer
Courses
Breweries
Hotels
Attractions
Food
Spots

lion 01-22-2021 01:42 AM

This is a rough section of late. Not many responses.

elmexdela 01-22-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 3683579)

yeah i got two people that responded in my recent post

i was surprised

Shuie 01-27-2021 12:45 PM

I've played all of Lafayette, Fairly fun stuff with some mediocre stuff tossed in, had a free day so I cruised up to Pineville and played the Fort Buhlow courses, really enjoyed those courses. Between Houston and Lafayette I didn't get much, Liked Charles Lake but, Jenkins in Baytown was better. It been 7 years so, my memory is a bit spotty. I had my First Pecan Nut Brown in Louisiana the Brewery was outside Mandeville, I believe. Best I can for ya.

jasonc 01-28-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 3683579)

I usually check in on this section, but I just don't have anything to offer between Houston and Lafayette. Closest courses I have been to down there are closer to New Orleans. Selah Ranch too, but that's not exactly close to Houston.

Good luck, man! Always appreciate seeing your road trip updates here and on FB too! :thmbup:

lion 02-16-2021 02:32 AM

Well how bad is the weather going to effect golf this week?

JRW III 02-16-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 3690858)
Well how bad is the weather going to effect golf this week?

To be determined. Still a sh*tshow right now. I am lucky to have power, but don't have water. Other side of the neighborhood is out of power and water. At one point over a million people in Houston were without power today. Gas stations near me ran out of gas today. Grocery stores had limited hours and lines to get in.

Time will tell if it clears up before your trip.

lion 02-16-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRW III (Post 3691064)
To be determined. Still a sh*tshow right now. I am lucky to have power, but don't have water. Other side of the neighborhood is out of power and water. At one point over a million people in Houston were without power today. Gas stations near me ran out of gas today. Grocery stores had limited hours and lines to get in.

Time will tell if it clears up before your trip.

Is it better or the same out towards Beaumont, TX? Should I head east? Please update tomorrow

Emoney 02-16-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 3691081)
Is it better or the same out towards Beaumont, TX? Should I head east? Please update tomorrow

Im in Austin.. We f@@ked right now.

In 5 days it will be near 70 tho

JRW III 02-17-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 3691081)

I don't know the conditions toward Beaumont. We lost power for about 6 hours last night. Still don't have water and probably won't for the awhile.