Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Jay Dub 03-23-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohtobediscing (Post 3565299)
It's you and your family's lives, ru4por. Tell 'em to **** off if you have to.

My niece is an RN, she would never tell them to **** off. I doubt many, if any, nurse will.
There's a reason why they picked an unselfish career.

I'm not speaking for ru4por.

BogeyNoMore 03-23-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565285)
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.

You're in my thoughts. Hope this ends up being no more than just a big inconvenience for you. I don't know your person health situation, but you seem pretty uncompromised to me. Regardless, best of luck to you!

DatRedDude 03-23-2020 12:22 PM

disc golfers don't care for some reason, my local club feeds on facebook have lead me to this conclusion. I will be sheltering in place with my family, disc golf can wait as far as i am concerned.

ohtobediscing 03-23-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3565301)
My niece is an RN, she would never tell them to **** off. I doubt many, if any, nurse will.
There's a reason why they picked an unselfish career.

I'm not speaking for ru4por.

I was a public school teacher for 21 years and am still a wildfire fighter for another 21, so don't try to shame me.

On the other hand, none of those jobs threatened my family like this does. If I had young kids or health-compromised parents living with me, I would not come home to the family if I chose to work or I'd quit.

Central Scrutinizer 03-23-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565285)
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.

I work in the vending machine industry. I don't know yet if we're considered critical enough to stay open. We do stock the machines at hospitals and grocery store chains and their distribution centers.

Thoughts are with you, my friend. I still want to hook up and throw whenever this menace is over.

Jay Dub 03-23-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohtobediscing (Post 3565315)
I was a public school teacher for 21 years and am still a wildfire fighter for another 21, so don't try to shame me.

On the other hand, none of those jobs threatened my family like this does. If I had young kids or health-compromised parents living with me, I would not come home to the family if I chose to work or I'd quit.

How you took my post is on you, not me.

I stand by what I said, "boy".

esdubya 03-23-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565285)
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.

Yikes dude. Man. This is crazy. To be clear, I'm living just across the river from you (in Canada) however I'd say a really large amount of health care workers (nurses mostly) are crossing the border every day. I saw a social media lost last night from a nurse, she was asking for masks and gloves because the H.F. hospital doesn't have enough! This is super scary, and most of my extended family is in MI. Stay safe Steve.

Orioles_Lefty 03-23-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565285)
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.

While this is a phrase we’ve tied to a particular line of public service, I think it very much applies here and is deserved:

Thank you for your service.

BrotherDave 03-23-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565145)
That is not a source. And a long way from validating, the WHO is a Chinese Communism propaganda organization ,conspiracy theory.

Not going to say that WHO is immune from political influence, or from just making mistakes, but it is irresponsible to promote your conspiracy theories as fact....without proof.

I am curious though....how did the WHO say the virus was being spread?

I did not promote any conspiracy theories, you projected that. Everything I posted was verifiable, in real time. They originally said it just jumped from animal to humans and that there was no human to human transmission.

I can't give you a source you would find acceptable because you're displaying cognitive dissonance and most importantly because there are almost no reliable sources of news/information anymore. All news organizations are wholly corrupt/biased/incompetent to an extraordinary degree. The only reliable sources of news are random anonymous people from the internet that you have to vet and fact-check yourself to the best of your sleuthing abilities.

You can continue to trust governments and corporations that only view you in terms of dollar signs for all of your news or you can think critically for yourself.

DavidSauls 03-23-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3565285)
Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.

Not at all. I'm perfectly willing to be reminded that people are doing extraordinary things during this crisis.....when I can't do much to help, except do nothing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.