Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

etdefender19 11-25-2020 07:09 AM

One of my gorgeous fiancťe’s employees lost his mom to COVID on Sunday and his dad last night.

I’m one of those people who thinks the benefit of COVID is that we don’t have to gather with our families this week, but JFC I don’t know how a person could deal with that

zontar 11-25-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etdefender19 (Post 3661510)
One of my gorgeous fiancťeís employees lost his mom to COVID on Sunday and his dad last night.

Iím one of those people who thinks the benefit of COVID is that we donít have to gather with our families this week, but JFC I donít know how a person could deal with that

it's happening right now and very quickly. please don't get together with family tomorrow, folks.

McCready 11-25-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmxer (Post 3661492)
Come onóthere is no need for this

He confirmed my assessment and said heís fine with it.

wims 11-25-2020 09:41 AM

I read an interesting statistic from the Norwegian health authority claiming that Covid-19 has a 0.3% mortality rate in Norway. They also published other stats, one was that statistically about 1400 die from influenza every year, so far this year 300 people have died from influenza with a total death count for respiratory illnesses so far are at 600 people in 2020. It's an interesting paradox that a pandemic have caused a reduced number of deaths in Norway in 2020. FWIW Norway have not been hit very hard by the pandemic at all

Monocacy 11-25-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wims (Post 3661538)
I read an interesting statistic from the Norwegian health authority claiming that Covid-19 has a 0.3% mortality rate in Norway. They also published other stats, one was that statistically about 1400 die from influenza every year, so far this year 300 people have died from influenza with a total death count for respiratory illnesses so far are at 600 people in 2020. It's an interesting paradox that a pandemic have caused a reduced number of deaths in Norway in 2020. FWIW Norway have not been hit very hard by the pandemic at all

That is interesting. Norway took strong early actions to control the pandemic: travel restrictions and quarantines; strict shut-downs; restrictions on gatherings; an aggressive testing and tracing program; etc.

The southern hemisphere barely had a flu season this year. Measures to control COVID-19 transmission (masks, distancing, etc.) also control flu transmission. This makes sense because both are thought to spread primarily by respiratory droplets.

Results in Norway have been among the best in the world. Comparisons:

Tests per million:
401,259 Norway
287,826 Sweden
555,801 U.S.

Cases per million:
6,200 Norway
22,768 Sweden
39,067 U.S.

Deaths per million:
58 Norway
647 Sweden
802 U.S.

Source: Worldometer

uncle pennybags 11-25-2020 12:07 PM

I was hospitalized with Covid for 8 days on the got out on November 1st. I have asthma and allergies. When it hit me was the middle of harvest and the temperature dropped significantly. I never had any of what I assonate with flu-like symptoms. I didn't run a temperature until 5-6 days in. Just head cold/allergies like symptoms with coughing fits and vomiting/loss of appetite. No muscles aches etc.

Well I was an inch away from ventilator land. I was on max air from two sources. Part of the problem was that I also developed dual-pneumonia. It wasnít much fun feeling like I ran a marathon, but all I did was go to the bathroom.

Itís been 3 weeks now and Iím just starting to get my O2 levels where the need to be. And my right leg was messed up from the 8 days in bed! But I can walk without my trekking poles now! Iíll be able to go back to restricted work in the next week or so I think.

There is no real point to this post other than this. I always mask up in public spaces. Iím reasonably vigilant in hand sanitizing. But I still managed to get it from somewhere, most likely my work space. So, donít think that it canít happen to you!

Monocacy 11-25-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle pennybags (Post 3661599)
I was hospitalized with Covid for 8 days on the got out on November 1st. I have asthma and allergies. When it hit me was the middle of harvest and the temperature dropped significantly. I never had any of what I assonate with flu-like symptoms. I didn't run a temperature until 5-6 days in. Just head cold/allergies like symptoms with coughing fits and vomiting/loss of appetite. No muscles aches etc.

Well I was an inch away from ventilator land. I was on max air from two sources. Part of the problem was that I also developed dual-pneumonia. It wasnít much fun feeling like I ran a marathon, but all I did was go to the bathroom.

Itís been 3 weeks now and Iím just starting to get my O2 levels where the need to be. And my right leg was messed up from the 8 days in bed! But I can walk without my trekking poles now! Iíll be able to go back to restricted work in the next week or so I think.

There is no real point to this post other than this. I always mask up in public spaces. Iím reasonably vigilant in hand sanitizing. But I still managed to get it from somewhere, most likely my work space. So, donít think that it canít happen to you!

Thank you for sharing, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Discraft Dad 11-25-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Prayers for a full recovery.

ru4por 11-25-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Crap, that is a world of suck. Sorry to hear you caught it and I hope you fully recover. A hospital stay of that length alone, is going to lay a licking on you. Be patient with your comeback.

The truly frightening part (like all of it is not terrifying), is the symptom free period. Allowing people who are carriers to believe they are healthy. Man, it reinforces the need for vigilance. If pennybags had been a denier (or just lazy :wall:) and active in his community, he could have done some real damage, in turn all those folks could have gone out and done more damage.......wait, you guys have heard this story, right?

Discraft Dad 11-25-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3661623)
wait, you guys have heard this story, right?

Only every day.