Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

JedV 12-02-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3663950)
I find some people think that people are dismissing the facts about COVID by simply not living in fear of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3663953)
Describe what this means, please.

Si. Non comprednde, senior.

DavidSauls 12-02-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3663950)
I find some people think that people are dismissing the facts about COVID by simply not living in fear of it.

Odd, I find "not living in fear" to be a phrase mostly used by people who equate ignorance with courage.

Probably not you, but the people I encounter every day.

Which is easily recognized, as they spout both this bravado, and false statements about the virus, and science in general. The connection is obvious. And the phrase is thrown out as a dismissal of those who are trying to reduce the real-world damage caused by the virus.

Of course, some may be fully aware of the consequences, and willing to accept them. I'm not about to characterize everyone.

ru4por 12-02-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

I find this is usually an unanswered question. :popcorn:

McCready 12-02-2020 10:28 AM

Interesting. Let’s say I was walking from my car into a gas station to buy a soda and realized I forgot my mask. Instead of walking back to get it, I said screw it, I won’t be in there long. Would this behavior be best classified as:

A. Dismissing the facts of Covid.
B. Not living in fear of the virus.
C. Being too lazy & ignorant to bother worrying about how my actions might affect others.
D. All of the above.

etdefender19 12-02-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3663977)
Interesting. Letís say I was walking from my car into a gas station to buy a soda and realized I forgot my mask. Instead of walking back to get it, I said screw it, I wonít be in there long. Would this behavior be best classified as:

A. Dismissing the facts of Covid.
B. Not living in fear of the virus.
C. Being too lazy & ignorant to bother worrying about how my actions might affect others.
D. All of the above.

All of the above, but particularly C
Go back to your damn car

Discraft Dad 12-02-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

At least to me, when people "dismiss the facts", they are denying they are true, exist, etc.

To not live in fear of it, to me, means that even though I recognize the threat is real, I will from time to time take measured risks. Will I go into the gas station for a soda without my mask? Yes. Will I go to a very crowded mall or store without one? No. Will I get unreasonably angry when I see someone without a mask? No.

I think its kind of like cigarette smoking. Everyone knows it can cause cancer, but some people do it anyway. Not living in fear of it.

Discraft Dad 12-02-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etdefender19 (Post 3663988)
Go back to your damn car

No. I wont.

Jay Dub 12-02-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3663998)
At least to me, when people "dismiss the facts", they are denying they are true, exist, etc.

To not live in fear of it, to me, means that even though I recognize the threat is real, I will from time to time take measured risks. Will I go into the gas station for a soda without my mask? Yes. Will I go to a very crowded mall or store without one? No. Will I get unreasonably angry when I see someone without a mask? No.

I think its kind of like cigarette smoking. Everyone knows it can cause cancer, but some people do it anyway. Not living in fear of it.

Me going back to the car isn't because I feel fear. It's because I care.

Just different types I guess.

Discraft Dad 12-02-2020 11:20 AM

I guess I am not the type that has to prove how "woke" I am.

ru4por 12-02-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discraft Dad (Post 3664000)
No. I wont.

You are so blindly self centered, I tend to believe you have little understanding of the entire concept of fear.

Fear is not a choice. How you deal with it is. The least courageous action I can imagine, is the dismissal of how your actions impact your fellow man.

This self proclaimed interwebz badassery routine is stale. Your posting screams narcissism and fear.