Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

autocrosscrx 01-23-2021 10:15 AM

Kona Panis did a video the other day. Played a casual with Colton Montgomery, Dave Dunipace, and Jerry Ross. It was a fantastic video.

They weren't wearing masks, which is whatever at this point. However, she felt the need to step out and explain why that was okay. She said that Dave and Jerry were in her bubble. But given that they all don't live together and that happened upon each other at the disc golf course and that they didn't appear to have any precautions for when you interact with other groups at a crowded park, they are probably exposed to a variety of people. And that isn't how bubbles work.

I hate to single anyone out, but I get more frustrated by that stuff than the people like Luke Humphries that simply don't acknowledge Covid.

Halcón 01-23-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic5888 (Post 3683297)
I understand the nervousness but take it from someone who has had the vaccine, I have not had any weird side effects, other than a sore arm which is normal with any injection. I did feel crappy for a few hrs after the 2nd shot, but well worth it.

I've reconsidered, after everyone I know, including my primary care physician, told me to get the shot. So I signed up, and am getting the first dose on Wednesday. I've talked to a few people who have had Covid and received the vaccine, and they said it caused some of the symptoms to come back, especially after the second dose. So, since I had it pretty bad the first time, I really don't want Covid symptoms again.

I guess all this is to say I'm trying to justify my nervousness. :p

Ess-dog 01-23-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrosscrx (Post 3683987)
Kona Panis did a video the other day. Played a casual with Colton Montgomery, Dave Dunipace, and Jerry Ross. It was a fantastic video.

They weren't wearing masks, which is whatever at this point. However, she felt the need to step out and explain why that was okay. She said that Dave and Jerry were in her bubble. But given that they all don't live together and that happened upon each other at the disc golf course and that they didn't appear to have any precautions for when you interact with other groups at a crowded park, they are probably exposed to a variety of people. And that isn't how bubbles work.

I hate to single anyone out, but I get more frustrated by that stuff than the people like Luke Humphries that simply don't acknowledge Covid.

The only person on dg vids I’ve seen seem to be consistently masking is Andrew Fish. So don’t really have to single anyone out. It’s all of them.

Brodysseus 01-23-2021 08:05 PM

The whole masked before their tee shot, stick mask in pocket, throw, go back into group and not put the mask on move was the most used play on tour this year.

Halcón 01-23-2021 09:45 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many pro disc golfers have been infected with Covid.

Innova63 01-23-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3684117)
Just out of curiosity, how many pro disc golfers have been infected with Covid.

How many have actually been tested...?

Nick Pacific 01-24-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3683932)

And, just for the record, most years the flu vaccine is pretty effective.

Technically, the flu vaccine, to some extent, is always effective. Even if they guess the strain wrong, getting vaccinated for the wrong flu strain still offers some partial immunity to the strain that ends up circulating. Something new I learned recently that surprisingly isn't common knowledge. I always thought like most people that it's all or nothing.

robdeforge 01-24-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innova63 (Post 3684119)
How many have actually been tested...?

IMO best to just ignore hal... certified troll

Jay Dub 01-28-2021 09:07 AM

At midnight tonight Ohio curfew for bars and restaurants goes from 10PM to 11PM because the numbers have been under 3500 (hospitalizations) for 7 days straight. Under 2500 for 7 days it goes to midnight then under 2000 for 7 days (I think) and it's lifted.

We are heading in the right direction here.

DavidSauls 01-28-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3683876)
Just to complicate things on a local level, one of my bubblemates tested positive for covid and the flu today (despite having had a flu shot).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3683919)
....it also means I have to worry and, if I get symptoms, I won't be sure how much I should panic. Flu (despite my flu shot) or the Big C?

My life is plagued with coincidental correlations; why should this be different?

So the 3 days after I was exposed, a day after he got quite sick and the afternoon after he tested positive for both, I got sick -- but with milder symptoms.

Well, 2 covid tests (including PCR) and 1 flu test later, all negative, it's most likely that I managed to get sick with something else, right after being exposed. Which is the kind of coincidental correlation that constantly throws me off track (usually with mechanical and computer issues). I took the negative results with mixed feelings; if I'm only going to be mildly sick for a week, I'd prefer it was covid, with the hopes of a little immunity.

Meanwhile, my bubblemate is suffering from something far worse than "just a flu", which makes me feel better about the "negative" results.