Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Monocacy 05-07-2020 11:21 AM

Emergence, not emergency. Darn short editing window.

Emoney 05-12-2020 01:55 PM

Inmates are purposefully rubbing on each other to get covid. What a world

Nick Pacific 05-13-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3583600)
Thanks for the brain exercise

Here comes more, time stamped for you

"A sudden lockdown of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in October 2019, where gain of function research on bat coronaviruses was being conducted"

foreputt 05-13-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Pacific (Post 3586179)
Here comes more, time stamped for you

"A sudden lockdown of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in October 2019, where gain of function research on bat coronaviruses was being conducted"

Here's a tip: If the headline is in the form of a question, the answer is no.

Halcón 05-13-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3585840)
Inmates are purposefully rubbing on each other to get covid. What a world

Well yea. Word gets around that they'll let you out because of Covid. I'm sure that for many, it's well worth the risk.

robdeforge 05-14-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG_player (Post 3583402)
It's not a horrible idea if you're in the 20-30 something demographic and responsible about it (I.E. quarantining yourself for 2 weeks after the party). You become one less potential asymptomatic transmission vector.

I'm at the far end of your suggestion. You seem to be focused on the positives. how will having, and presumably recovering from, covid-19 affect my longterm health in negative ways?

JuanA 05-14-2020 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I appreciate what the grocery stores are doing to keep people safe, but how many are seeing this on a regular basis? I'm seeing it at both of the King Soopers I frequent.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1589463988

Halcón 05-14-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3586591)
I appreciate what the grocery stores are doing to keep people safe, but how many are seeing this on a regular basis? I'm seeing it at both of the King Soopers I frequent.

You mean the mask not covering her nose? I see this every single time I go into a store (which is 3-4 times a week). Sometimes on multiple people. But I also see up to half the people there with no masks at all, so...there's that.

DavidSauls 05-14-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3586591)

That illustrates a problem with re-opening disc golf, and re-opening almost everything else.

Things that should be able to be done safely, or at least safely enough to justify their re-opening, depend on people actually doing them safely. I wish I could be more optimistic that they will.

I went to Walmart for the first time in 2 months, and a big banner proclaimed that their employees were wearing masks (and implored customers to do so). Well, you can imagine the customers. But the employees were wearing them correctly.....and wearing them over the mouth only.....and wearing them around their neck....and not at all.

Restaurants here opened with strict limitations on capacity and seating separation, but people mobbed shoulder-to-shoulder outside them.

Jugular 05-14-2020 11:41 AM

What's the effectiveness difference? Since you don't shed anywhere near as much virus when breathing through your nose.

Is it 80% as good? 50% as good? If you could get that much improvement I'm still in favour of their use.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.