Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments & Leagues (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137310)

brutalbrutus 08-17-2020 08:47 PM

DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6
 
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44114
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourna..._2020/register
http://www.smuggsdiscgolf.com/
https://udisclive.com/live/gmc2020


https://www.dgpt.com/event/green-mountain-championship/
Quote:

The Green Mountain Championship is one of the premier disc golf events in the world. Established in 2013, the GMC quickly rose to prominence as a favorite stop for several of the top disc golfers in the world. As the event gained high-level PDGA sanctioning, it joined the inaugural Pro Tour in 2016, serving as the final stop of the regular season and the first Tour Championship.

Playing on premier courses Brewster Ridge and Fox Run, each provides a unique track for the world’s top players. Last year saw Paul Mcbeth and Sarah Hokom bring home wins for the final stop on the 2019 Disc Golf Pro Tour. Returning again as the bookend event for the 2020 Pro Tour season, make plans to watch in-person or online September 3-6th.
Quote:

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 Green Mountain Championship will be CLOSED TO SPECTATORS OF ANY KIND

We are adhering to guidance from the ACCD and The State of Vermont, who stress the importance of social distancing to curb the spread of COVID-19. Smugglers’ Notch Disc Golf Center and the US Pro Tour have decided that closing the 2020 GMC to the general public is the safest course of action to protect our players, staff, and wider disc golf community.

We appreciate your understanding during these difficult times.

brutalbrutus 09-01-2020 11:19 PM

Live coverage for GMC will start at 12:30pm est with MPO feature/live card teeing off at 1pm all four days...

Thursday Feature Cards..

MPO Live card:

McBeth
Ricky
Eagle
Uli

FPO 3pm Live card and GK Pro postpro:

PP
Hokom
Cat
H. King

Jomez post pro 12:40 card:

Clemons
Simon
Hannum
Brinster

Gatekeeper Media postpro 9:42am card:

Conrad
Barham
Perkins
Fish

Course schedule... Brewster Fox Brewster Fox

ThrowBot 09-01-2020 11:47 PM

Woo! Excited to see the live coverage.
:thmbup:

toddnick 09-02-2020 12:10 AM

I had reservations at Smugglers Notch State Park to camp and watch every round, since March...I was there at World's I'm 2018 and last year in 2019...love that place, in my humble opinion, the best disc golf facility in the US...two championship courses that couldn't be more different, beautiful scenery, no chain restaurants within miles, great craft beer, not too crowded, well run, etc.

ILUVSMGS18 09-02-2020 12:41 AM

I will be playing the am side in MA2. I predict that to win MA2 I'm gonna have to shoot somewhere about even, but we'll see how it goes. I spectated both lead cards last year on Brewster but this will be my first time playing in the event.

Good to see Hailey King on lead card, she played well last year. MPO lead card should be a good watch, especially on Brewster, although both other MPO feature cards should be good too.

DoWork 09-02-2020 10:37 AM

I am really contemplating treating a trip to catch opening rounds of the GMC as a work trip. You know- to see how it's all done. For... Science!

DoWork 09-02-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddnick (Post 3626852)
I had reservations at Smugglers Notch State Park to camp and watch every round, since March...I was there at World's I'm 2018 and last year in 2019...love that place, in my humble opinion, the best disc golf facility in the US...two championship courses that couldn't be more different, beautiful scenery, no chain restaurants within miles, great craft beer, not too crowded, well run, etc.



Yep. Paradise. The Brewster is a great little pub and the food spots nearby are insanely good. I used to have an obsession with the Burger Barn before they sold to new owners- it's not the same but it's still a really good burger.

The fresh, warm frosted cinnamon bread at The Cupboard is not to be missed either fwiw. On the off days when it's warm enough to swim there are some of the jest jumping spots imaginable too. Killer brews with Lawson's, The Alchemist and Upper Pass all within shouting distance too.

JuanA 09-02-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoWork (Post 3626958)
The Brewster is a great little pub and the food spots nearby are insanely good.

The Brewster patio is a great place for Fiddleheads!

DoWork 09-02-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3626970)
The Brewster patio is a great place for Fiddleheads!



Seriously. My hardest choice at the tap these days is First Drop vs Fiddlehead. Sometimes I have to use my "phone a friend" lifeline!

Fiddlehead's disc golf specific beers are pretty awesome too, I hear the owner's got quite the private course built as well. He donated a keg of Mastermind for our Golf Biathlon and a ton of swag, can't say enough good things about that brewery.

bobmcnelly 09-02-2020 11:33 AM

Eagle will be an interesting story, he's playing very well this year but historically hasn't played well here. He didn't play last year and wasn't planning on playing this year, but signed up last minute. He posted on Instagram "Face your fears".

brutalbrutus 09-02-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoWork (Post 3626956)
I am really contemplating treating a trip to catch opening rounds of the GMC as a work trip. You know- to see how it's all done. For... Science!

There aren't allowing spectators.

brutalbrutus 09-02-2020 01:56 PM


JuanA 09-02-2020 02:48 PM

^Definitely watching that tonight!

I think Uli's hilarious, and I really like the way he breaks down the course when he does commentary.

Innova63 09-02-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3627064)
There aren't allowing spectators.

And a little late to quarantine for 14 days before...

robdeforge 09-02-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innova63 (Post 3627140)
And a little late to quarantine for 14 days before...

there also is the possibility of a 7 day quarantine and a negative PCR test result at the end of that, but you have to wait until the test results come back. so probably more like 9-11 days

(obviously not the spirit of what you're pointing out, but it is interesting there are the 2 options! along with quarantining at home before traveling directly to VT)

DoWork 09-02-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3627064)
There aren't allowing spectators.


I was talking about volunteering, as they are still looking for spotters and I live here in VT.

That said, I definitely have to work. *sigh* Someday.

brutalbrutus 09-02-2020 09:34 PM



Warning...This is a "premier stream" so if you click on it soon after I posted, it will take you to wherever in the stream it is at the time...

rocthecourse 09-02-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3627089)


Can someone who is up on the rules let me know who is right about using a marker on the tee pad? The situation comes up at 1:01:30. Jerm places a mini marker on the tee pad and Uli tells him that it isn't legal.

Thank you in advance.

Steve West 09-02-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocthecourse (Post 3627365)
Can someone who is up on the rules let me know who is right about using a marker on the tee pad? The situation comes up at 1:01:30. Jerm places a mini marker on the tee pad and Uli tells him that it isn't legal.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the rule. Discuss.

Quote:

813.02 Illegal Device
A. A player must not use any device that directly assists in making a throw. Devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, or gauze) and medical items (such as knee or ankle braces) are allowed. Placing an object as a directional aid is not allowed. An item such as a towel or a pad may be placed on the lie as long as it is not greater than one centimeter in thickness when compressed.
B. A device that is questioned by another player or an Official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director.
C. A player receives two penalty throws if observed at any time during a round to be using an illegal device. A player who repeatedly uses an illegal device may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.03 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

brutalbrutus 09-03-2020 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3627351)


Warning...This is a "premier stream" so if you click on it soon after I posted, it will take you to wherever in the stream it is at the time...

b9...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okANppgz4ko

rocthecourse 09-03-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve West (Post 3627377)
Here is the rule. Discuss.

It would seem to me the towel would be legal, but for the mini it would depend. If someone called it then it would be illegal at least until you talk to the TD.

Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable of the rules will chime in on this.

Davei 09-03-2020 08:34 AM

The tee is your lie. You can't put anything in front of your lie.

Jolt 09-03-2020 09:09 AM

Hmm Udisc says that the lead card tee of in 28hr. . so on friday? four rounds in 3days?

aredoubles 09-03-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3627499)
Hmm Udisc says that the lead card tee of in 28hr. . so on friday? four rounds in 3days?

They corrected it, starts today. Four rounds, four days.

robdeforge 09-03-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davei (Post 3627489)
The tee is your lie. You can't put anything in front of your lie.

where does it say that?

BogeyNoMore 09-03-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocthecourse (Post 3627449)
It would seem to me the towel would be legal, but for the mini it would depend. If someone called it then it would be illegal at least until you talk to the TD.

Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable of the rules will chime in on this.

Uli was making a case for using a mini as a directional aid, citing Lisa Fajkus' penalty... hence illegal. I suppose you could use a mini as a directional aid, in which case, I suppose it would be illegal.

But I wouldn't say Jerm's use of it there was directional. Although he was allowed to use the entire tee as a lie, he chose to mark his lie farther back on the line of play, specifically to avoid the dip at the front of the tee.

I don't see how that particular use of a mini is any different than standard use of a mini.
He just chose to move farther from the basket along the LOP.

I would've have taken this discussion over to the rules forum, to avoid derailing this thread. It's just too big a pain in the butt to do it on my phone.

McCready 09-03-2020 11:37 AM

Jerm was being a bit dramatic imo. There’s a depression at the front of the teepad, so just take one more step back before throwing. The towel is unnecessary.

brutalbrutus 09-03-2020 12:25 PM

The legend of JoeyB shot +2

brutalbrutus 09-03-2020 12:53 PM


autocrosscrx 09-03-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanA (Post 3627125)
^Definitely watching that tonight!

I think Uli's hilarious, and I really like the way he breaks down the course when he does commentary.

Uli is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. His self-deprecating humor in a competitive sport is so refreshing.

McCready 09-03-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrosscrx (Post 3627629)
Uli is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. His self-deprecating humor in a competitive sport is so refreshing.

Agreed. I had a chance to chat with him in Jonesboro last year and he’s a really genuine, funny and laid back dude.

McCready 09-03-2020 01:43 PM

Uli, McBeth, Ricky & Eagle on the feature card @ 1PM EDT :thmbup:

McCready 09-03-2020 01:49 PM

Conrad ties the course record -13.

runningoz 09-03-2020 02:48 PM

Broadcast is a little jumpy at times today, odd transitions.

elmexdela 09-03-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3627608)
The legend of JoeyB shot +2

thats pretty good






for him

brutalbrutus 09-03-2020 03:54 PM

That roller Eagle threw on #10 was just nasty... Damn near bounced back off the tree into the basket:eek:

the_lung 09-03-2020 03:59 PM

How about 996-rated Daniel Brooks-Wells #79228 from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, shooting a career best unofficially rated round of 1064? Way to go DBW! :clap:

brutalbrutus 09-03-2020 04:38 PM

Dickerson decided to show up in the first round for once...

NathanNoodleArm 09-03-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_lung (Post 3627713)
How about 996-rated Daniel Brooks-Wells #79228 from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, shooting a career best unofficially rated round of 1064? Way to go DBW! :clap:

Looks like he's gonna make the lead card coverage!

Ryan P. 09-03-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_lung (Post 3627713)
How about 996-rated Daniel Brooks-Wells #79228 from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, shooting a career best unofficially rated round of 1064? Way to go DBW! :clap:

Not only that, but no bogeys, and not even close to a bogey. Every putt he made for par, UDisc marked it as 5ft. Dude was locked in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.