Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Quality control? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134859)

HŚPe 08-25-2019 08:12 AM

Quality control?

How is the quality control when it comes to Discmania discs? Is it as bad as with Innova or is someone from Discmania actually checking what comes out of the machines? They have a couple of molds Iím interested in, but if they are at Innovas level of qc Iíll probably have to look elsewhere, which is also the reason Iím moving away from using Innova discs.

Iím not trying to complain about minor differences in for example the dome, but when itís 50/50 between getting a boardflat driver and one that has half an inch of dome, it effects the flight way too much to be acceptable. When two discs of the same mold and plastic have completely different rims you might aswell get two different discs. When overmold discs miss big parts of the overmold I donít even want to think of how their factory seconds must look like.
If Innova sold tennisballs they would probably ship square ones

Streets 08-25-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HŚPe (Post 3489664)

:clap::clap::clap:

ChefKoolaid 08-25-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HŚPe (Post 3489664)
How is the quality control when it comes to Discmania discs? Is it as bad as with Innova or is someone from Discmania actually checking what comes out of the machines? They have a couple of molds Iím interested in, but if they are at Innovas level of qc Iíll probably have to look elsewhere, which is also the reason Iím moving away from using Innova discs.

Iím not trying to complain about minor differences in for example the dome, but when itís 50/50 between getting a boardflat driver and one that has half an inch of dome, it effects the flight way too much to be acceptable. When two discs of the same mold and plastic have completely different rims you might aswell get two different discs. When overmold discs miss big parts of the overmold I donít even want to think of how their factory seconds must look like.

Out of probably 50 F2 innova discs ive bought theres been only one with an issue that slightly affected flight. A gstar roc 3 woth over trimmed flashing. Most are indistinguishable from regular discs and a few havr black specks in the plastic

jmatthews7157 08-25-2019 08:59 AM

I bought a brand new 10 year boss earlier this summer. It's beautiful orange with the 10 year stamp in rainbow. Stunning to the eye. I didn't notice at the store, but there's a little gap in the flight plate right where it and the rim come together almost like the shot was released before all of the pellets had melted through all the way. It looks like Colby cheese a little.
$20 disc at the store, I didn't return it and it flies fine, but needless to say I'll be looking over any discs I buy from Innova in the future very well before popping out my wallet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Streets 08-25-2019 09:27 AM

Recently:

I-blend Exodus that literally felt like throwing an upside down cereal bowl it was so domey
Champ Sidewinder that flies like a Thunderbird
Various Valk+ that are marked as straight up Valkyries (this one pisses me off the most)
They seem to have given up on making any thing resembling a good Eagle

wolfmandragon 08-25-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3489674)
Recently:

I-blend Exodus that literally felt like throwing an upside down cereal bowl it was so domey

That sounds like an awesome disc.... to water one disc golfing dog

tennesseetailor 08-25-2019 09:53 AM

I have little confidence buying Innova online from anyone outside of OTB or similar retailers that don't give you a description of each disc. The recent restock of flat top glow Gators pissed me off because they're not flat top at all, they're puddle top, which makes them unusably overstable.

Streets 08-25-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmandragon (Post 3489676)
That sounds like an awesome disc.... to water one disc golfing dog

That's a good point!

Streets 08-25-2019 02:05 PM

Update: After a few rounds the Thunderwinder is showing a smidge of turn.

Hampstead 08-25-2019 02:27 PM

It won't seem like quality control at Disc Mania if you don't know how to tell the various runs apart and what to expect from each run.