Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PDGA's New Disciplinary Process (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135617)

robdeforge 01-06-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthRocker (Post 3534405)
Thank you for that, Jugular.

I should try to remember that in the current climate, both in here and in the world generally, we aren't allowed the luxury of vague defenses of our stupid opinions.

Freely stipulated: I don't always achieve the level of precision with language that I'm going for. I blame television. And Hilary, of course, because everything is her fault. :\

ah right, it's just a fake advantage. I got you now! :doh:

GMcAtee 01-06-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _MTL_ (Post 3534318)
The PDGA keeps the members of our committee private. The only name published is mine, as chair. We have 8 members.

We recently had a vacancy and I had about 50 applications to join. There is absolutely interest in being on this committee.

I would enjoy being on this committee.

EarthRocker 01-06-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3534427)
ah right, it's just a fake advantage. I got you now! :doh:

Careful with that head, sir. Precious cargo contained within.

Not sure if I need to say it differently, but here goes:

I am very sorry, Robdeforge, for being careless. I really did not think of any advantage at all to missing the marked lie by an inch or two one way or the other. When it was pointed out to me that there is an advantage in not thinking about the lie, it put a whole new spin on it for me.
I could have spent a little time trying to explain that I DO think about the mark, even though I don't care to look at the success or failure rate of others to stay within the proscribed distance. I could have said a bunch of stuff about how intent is such a huge part of any infraction, be it in our game, or in societal norms; and that the key phrase in those Rules, in my estimation, is "willful or purposeful circumvention."
I could have gone on for two or three paragraphs, easy.

But I was lazy. Or pressed for time. Sometimes, the former is an inference resulting from the latter. I hope I have made it a bit clearer, so that you and I may continue in our fellowship without rancor. Or something.

In any case, I remain,

apologetically yours,

and your humble servant,

=ER=

brutalbrutus 01-06-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMcAtee (Post 3534495)
I would enjoy being on this committee.

Deuce Newton would surely liven up that party...:D

ru4por 01-06-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3534325)
Why? My membership should allow 100% transparency on chairs, members, etc.

I think it far more about being pragmatic and practical than transparent.

Orioles_Lefty 01-06-2020 11:02 PM

If the committee members’ identities are not publicly known that’s bad operations and a bad look. A secret cabal should not be making disciplinary decisions. The PDGA really makes me scratch my head sometimes.

_MTL_ 01-07-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3534332)
Definitely disagree with the PDGA keeping members of ANY committee a secret.

I don't agree with it either. I'm just answering the why.

_MTL_ 01-07-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty (Post 3534613)
A secret cabal should not be making disciplinary decisions.

Check out the process. The President is the only who ultimately makes the decision and that is absolutely not private.

robdeforge 01-07-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthRocker (Post 3534522)
I could have said a bunch of stuff about how intent is such a huge part of any infraction, be it in our game, or in societal norms; and that the key phrase in those Rules, in my estimation, is "willful or purposeful circumvention."

that is just referring to player misconduct. you don't apply that standard of intent to calling each and every rule violation. :thmbup:

biscoe 01-07-2020 01:52 PM

IMO intent should have as little place in the rules of play as possible.