Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PDGA's New Disciplinary Process (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135617)

EarthRocker 01-07-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3534769)
that is just referring to player misconduct. you don't apply that standard of intent to calling each and every rule violation. :thmbup:

But...but...if the verbiage is "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules," it's ALL about the intent. And as it applies to a silly foot fault, I feel like I can go ahead and shut my pie-hole now.

Y'all have an excellent day!

Hampstead 01-07-2020 03:51 PM

Discussions like this reinforce my interest in stand and deliver.

juju 01-07-2020 04:17 PM

pdga can suck on class DEEEZ NUTZ!

_MTL_ 01-07-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3534811)
Discussions like this reinforce my interest in stand and deliver.

I'm sure you also don't support blocking in football, since people hold, defense in basketball, since people foul and passing in hockey since people pass illegally.

Hampstead 01-07-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _MTL_ (Post 3534830)
I'm sure you also don't support blocking in football, since people hold, defense in basketball, since people foul and passing in hockey since people pass illegally.

Team sports with referees, not self policing individual activities. Apples to cumquats.

_MTL_ 01-07-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3534834)
Team sports with referees, not self policing individual activities. Apples to cumquats.

You are right.

I forgot that stand and deliver would cure it all. There's no chance anyone would ever have a falling putt, not place their foot correctly not accidentally hit their disc on release.

Hampstead 01-07-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _MTL_ (Post 3534836)
You are right.

I forgot that stand and deliver would cure it all. There's no chance anyone would ever have a falling putt, not place their foot correctly not accidentally hit their disc on release.

That's not the point. Time and time again people boast of their apathy in regards to opponents foot faulting. Far too few people want to be "that guy" to their card mates. But whatever. I just made a flippant comment mostly in response to how dull I find foot fault discussions. Of course, by doing so, I've been drawn into a dull foot fault discussion. This all could have been avoided if we had stand and deliver.


I'll leave my two cents on the counter.

_MTL_ 01-07-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampstead (Post 3534839)
TThis all could have been avoided if we had stand and deliver.


You are wrong.

Sorry.

Hampstead 01-07-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _MTL_ (Post 3534840)
You are wrong.

Sorry.

I can promise you we wouldn't be doing this right now if we had stand and deliver.


I am right.


Not sorry.

robdeforge 01-07-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthRocker (Post 3534792)
But...but...if the verbiage is "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules," it's ALL about the intent. And as it applies to a silly foot fault, I feel like I can go ahead and shut my pie-hole now.

Y'all have an excellent day!

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules" does not need to happen to call a stance violation, out of bounds, courtesy violation, etc. If you break the rules, you get called on it, and receive either a penalty stroke or warning.

IF you break the rules on purpose, you can be disqualified from the tournament.

you have an excellent day too!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.