Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   PD v Thunderbird? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119569)

jct7018 01-14-2016 01:38 PM

Yes. If I don't put a destroyer on a hyzer line it will flip rt much more than a boss for me. Will both end up in the same area just about. I flipped my pd like it was a g star thunderbird, but it comes back stronger.

jct7018 01-14-2016 01:46 PM

So I feel the high speed stability isn't there as much but there is lots of low speed stability. Where I see the thunderbird and boss to have more high speed stability but less low end. Making them straighter flyers for me. Both are great discs. Just sharing what I have experienced

ODRB 01-14-2016 02:44 PM

:|
Hmmm....

hugheshilton 01-14-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jct7018 (Post 2925379)
Yes. If I don't put a destroyer on a hyzer line it will flip rt much more than a boss for me. Will both end up in the same area just about. I flipped my pd like it was a g star thunderbird, but it comes back stronger.

Your statements are a bit confusing (and differing from those of most players on here). How far are you throwing these Destroyers/Bosses, and how long have you been playing? I have owned a champ Boss that was a real meat hook so I suppose those are out there, but for the most part comparing Star Bosses to Star Destroyers, the Bosses are definitely flippier (at ~400 feet of distance). Most Innova sponsored pros who throw 450+ throw Destroyers over Bosses precisely because the Destroyer tends to be more reliably overstable at longer distances.

steinkecm 01-14-2016 03:03 PM

Wait.

The Boss and Thunderbird are "straight flyers" for you? Do you mean in initial flight, or the whole time?

I think you're flattening out your arm angle and forcing the hyzer flip, which enables you to "flip" overstable discs.

jct7018 01-14-2016 03:17 PM

I have been playing for 17 years. Yes I do agree what I am saying (about the bosses and destroyers) do not match what most players here say. If I want to go all out I can throw over 500 flat ground. I toss aviars overy 300. The hyzer flip is what I do with both. And for the bosses and thunderbird yes. Thunderbird at like 75% is flip up flat straight barely a taper off to the left. Bosses flip to flat for 85% before turning. I also am 6'4" and 230. But it's odd about the difference I see with bosses and destroyers. Just about everyone I speak to says what you guys are but they watch me throw and it holds up. I do a modified fan grip. Stacked fan for max d.

jct7018 01-14-2016 03:47 PM

The other thing is I only had a s-pd freak. I know there are tons of different runs. Also only champ and Stat bosses. Pro lines are like valks. I see the max weight star boss like a prodigy d1 for me.