Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

Waddly Hobbins 06-17-2010 10:16 PM

I got to throwing the Fuse in the practice field with some heft wind today. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not get thrown around as much as I thought it would. Mine is a 176g, so that may have something to do with it...

toothyfish 06-22-2010 08:17 PM

Just got one today, Opto 178...it really does seem to have a Comet-like flight, for those nice gentle turnovers that don't really fade back. Not as sensitive as a Comet, though. It's like a Core with more turn.

sloppydisc 06-22-2010 09:39 PM

I have been throwing a 174 Opto. Bought a 167 Goldline to try out. After 1 outing I'm not sure there is any improvement in glide or distance, but it does seem a bit more sensitive. Anybody else have similar experiences or any thoughts? I'll give the GL more time, but after 1 try the Opto seems more reliable.

discspeed 06-22-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppydisc (Post 386974)
I have been throwing a 174 Opto. Bought a 167 Goldline to try out. After 1 outing I'm not sure there is any improvement in glide or distance, but it does seem a bit more sensitive. Anybody else have similar experiences or any thoughts? I'll give the GL more time, but after 1 try the Opto seems more reliable.

I would attribute the flight differences you are noting more to the weight difference than the difference in plastic. Light discs are always more sensitive, and its hard to do a fair comparison of two discs that are 7 grams apart.

acme 06-22-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 386999)
I would attribute the flight differences you are noting more to the weight difference than the difference in plastic. Light discs are always more sensitive, and its hard to do a fair comparison of two discs that are 7 grams apart.

I agree. I have the Opto(176) and GL(175) and they fly dif. The Opto is more stable but I can put the GL on a line with no fade. Yes you do have to be sensitive with the GL. Too much and it will anny. but when your in a hollway you dont have to grip and rip it to get great D.

Technohic 12-14-2010 09:33 PM

Well, I ordered 2 171 GL Fuses and I got 2 optos. They look and feel great so I was ok with a refund of the difference; I just wanted the GL thinking they'd better compliment my Cores.

Oh well. I have wanted to go for a more moderately OS mid with it anyway. Any ideas what mid would compliment the opto Fuse really well?

JTacoma03 12-14-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohic (Post 612616)
Well, I ordered 2 171 GL Fuses and I got 2 optos. They look and feel great so I was ok with a refund of the difference; I just wanted the GL thinking they'd better compliment my Cores.

Oh well. I have wanted to go for a more moderately OS mid with it anyway. Any ideas what mid would compliment the opto Fuse really well?

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

and anything equally or more overstable.

Technohic 12-14-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTacoma03 (Post 612672)
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

and anything equally or more overstable.

So wouldnt my Cores work about the same? I mean, I know Buzzzs are a hair more stable, but didnt think it was that much.

I have the DX Rocs from DGCR but I have never really fell in love with Rocs. Im thinking a Warrior or Hornet

Rol6566 12-14-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohic (Post 612676)
So wouldnt my Cores work about the same? I mean, I know Buzzzs are a hair more stable, but didnt think it was that much.

I have the DX Rocs from DGCR but I have never really fell in love with Rocs. Im thinking a Warrior or Hornet

Right now I am using the Hornet-Core-Fuse mid combo

Just waiting for the overstable mid that Lat is supposed to put out

Technohic 12-14-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rol6566 (Post 612678)
Right now I am using the Hornet-Core-Fuse mid combo

Just waiting for the overstable mid that Lat is supposed to put out

Interesting. You dont find the Core to be overlapping with the other 2, or at least the Fuse?