Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

adamb258 05-07-2010 05:07 PM

Just got mine today from gggt, I wont have the opportunity to really throw it for a few days but I can tell you it feels AWESOME in my hand. It feels like a sleeker core and the opto plastic feels even better than my opto core. The color is also a dayglowish green/yellow, a huge improvement from my other latitude 64 colors If latitude continues making discs of this quality and the fuse flies like I imagine, lat 64 will slowly be taking over my bag. Now if they would just make understable/stable fairway comparable to a leopard =)

discspeed 05-07-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamb258 (Post 344055)
Now if they would just make understable/stable fairway comparable to a leopard =)

You do know that this disc has already been prototyped and will be the next in production, don't you? Its called the River.

discspeed 05-07-2010 06:26 PM

I just got back from the course and many Fuse throws. It is like a slightly slower Buzzz with more glide and a lower cruising speed. As much as I like my 5 mold bag, the Fuse is getting a temporary spot in place of my X Buzzz (which I've yet to really develop a good relationship with). It holds annys so well that I'm already better with it than I was with my X Buzzz (which is all sort of bent now after a tree hit yesterday off the tee). Stability-wise the Fuse is very similar to the Buzzz...Only a slight turn on a hard throw and it turns slow and holds the line. Its easier to throw with touch than a Buzzz, so I also liked that part of it. With the wind it was an absolute champ, flying straight and easy with a little snap. Into the wind it was not the best, but it was still workable as the turn was slow. Definitely better than a Comet into the wind.

I threw the GL one today too, but all I have to say is that I would probably like it fine if I'd never thrown the Opto Fuse, but since I have it just seems to pale in comparison. Goldline Fuse = meh, Opto Fuse = glidelicious.

teebob 05-07-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 342288)
Here's my first DGR/DGCR double post, but many here don't go there, so I think its relevant.

Quick rundown...I need to throw it some more, but this is the most interesting mid I've thrown in a while. It doesn't feel or fly quite like anything else out there, but at the same time seems to do exactly what a mid should. I would compare it to a Comet/Aurora/Hawk with a more modern profile thus making it much more comfortable for me in the hand than any of those. It may have the most glide I've ever seen out of a mid. It has a slow motion flight and that is what makes me think of the Comet/Hawk, but its not nearly as touchy as those. It prefers a smooth throw, but doesn't suck if powered either. It has less fade than a Buzzz, will flip a little, yet I still would not call it understable as it locks onto a line rather than continuing to turn. Shots where I did turn it too much it did not ground out (like a Comet would) rather it went a long way forward while going a long way to the right. Long story short...The Fuse is a FUN FUN FUN disc to throw...It makes you want to go to a short course and play a one disc round.

Sounds exactly like a skeeter...

discspeed 05-07-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teebob (Post 344122)
Sounds exactly like a skeeter...

I'm questioning my own review if someone thinks that sounds like a Skeeter. Skeeters are speed sensitive, nose angle sensitive, fast turning, and flippy. The Fuse is nothing like that. It is much more in the Buzzz/Roc/Shark/Wasp/Comet family in terms of speed, glide, and nose angle sensitivity.

teebob 05-07-2010 06:46 PM

I get my skeeter out up to 325 with a little hyzer. It seems to take forever to get there. Once it flips out of hyzer it glides forever dead straight. I can make it turn fast or slow, its all in how you throw it. When was the last time you threw one? 2007? :)

jrawk 05-07-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 344120)
I just got back from the course and many Fuse throws. It is like a slightly slower Buzzz with more glide and a lower cruising speed. As much as I like my 5 mold bag, the Fuse is getting a temporary spot in place of my X Buzzz (which I've yet to really develop a good relationship with). It holds annys so well...

darn-it, Discspeed... I was afraid you'd say that. Just when i committed to my current setup for the year. :\

adamb258 05-07-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 344119)
You do know that this disc has already been prototyped and will be the next in production, don't you? Its called the River.

gasp! I must have misread but I thought the river was a much faster disc than the leopard with a much wider rim. I guess ill have to take another look at the specs. Happy days

jrawk 05-07-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamb258 (Post 344132)
gasp! I must have misread but I thought the river was a much faster disc than the leopard with a much wider rim. I guess ill have to take another look at the specs. Happy days

me thinks you're thinking of the vision.

BrotherDave 05-11-2010 06:07 PM

bump